The Voice UK- Battle Advisors- Claude Kelly, Cerys Matthews, Dido and Dante Santiago

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KToure wrote: »
    Let me rephrase: To the public, three out of the four mentors are WHO?

Oh.

So what? They can get to know them. If people judge a show based on who is noticeable, then that is more telling of the audience than the show itself, especially since this part of the show is very small and ultimately the contestants should be the main focus, not whatever big name is trying to flog their latest project.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me rephrase: To the public, three out of the four mentors are WHO?

Just because you don't know them don't assume others don't. Three out of four are well known. They're lucky to have someone with the experience and knowledge of Claude Kelly rather than some pop star. Being well known doesn't automatically mean you can be a good mentor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    Just because you don't know them don't assume others don't. Three out of four are well known. They're lucky to have someone with the experience and knowledge of Claude Kelly rather than some pop star. Being well known doesn't automatically mean you can be a good mentor.

I can guarantee you this lack of insight & investment in this next stage of the Voice will not help the ratings that much (if at all). Why can't they learn from the US version (where investment is clear for all to see with for example the high profile mentors and TWO steals and which has led to ratings going UP from the blinds).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Oh.

So what? They can get to know them. If people judge a show based on who is noticeable, then that is more telling of the audience than the show itself, especially since this part of the show is very small and ultimately the contestants should be the main focus, not whatever big name is trying to flog their latest project.

Ratings went UP in the US version two season's running which has consistently emphasized high profile mentors.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Ratings went UP in the US version two season's running which has consistently emphasized high profile mentors.

and ratings for XF US plummeted last year despite having possibly the biggest name to appear on one of these shows, getting paid an enormous amount of money, on the panel

just throwing money at a big name is no guarantee of making it good television
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I was getting ready to say I don't like Claude until I saw what songs he has wrote

A few;

JESSIE J
    Nobodys Perfect
    Price Tag
    Domino

Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You

OLLY MURS
    Please Don't Let Me Go
    Dance With Me Tonight
    Troublemaker

Michael Jackson - Hold My Hand

Lemar - If She Knew

Leona Lewis - Forgive Me

Britney Spears - Circus

Miley Cyrus - Party In The USA (with Jessie J, I don't like this song but :o)

Jason Derulo - In My Head

XTINA
    Express
    Show Me How You Burlesque
    Just A Fool (I know this won't mean much to anyone, but this is one of my favourite songs ever)

Ke$ha - Take It Off

Bruno Mars - Grenade

The Wanted - Gold Forever

Karmin - Brokenhearted

Just a fool by Xtina & Blake is awesome! Had no idea he wrote it
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Just a fool by Xtina & Blake is awesome! Had no idea he wrote it

Yay another fan :D
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    I don't know why people are so bothered, lets face it, the battle advisers don't really have much screen time and really didn't offer all that much so whats the point in spending big money to get high profile artists??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I don't know why people are so bothered, lets face it, the battle advisers don't really have much screen time and really didn't offer all that much so whats the point in spending big money to get high profile artists??

They actually do spend a lot of time with them. It just isn't shown on tv.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once again this year the Battle Advisors are quite a let down, not really exciting or high profile enough!

I would have liked to have seen...

Team Will: Britney Spears
    Team Jessie - Tinie Tempah
    Team Tom - Duffy or Dido
    Team Danny - Emeli Sande or Ed Sheeran
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What vocal critique are you expecting Tine Tempah to be able to give? He isn't a singer.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    What vocal critique are you expecting Tine Tempah to be able to give? He isn't a singer.

*cough will.i.am cough*
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Once again this year the Battle Advisors are quite a let down, not really exciting or high profile enough!

I would have liked to have seen...

Team Will: Britney Spears
    Team Jessie - Tinie Tempah
    Team Tom - Duffy or Dido
    Team Danny - Emeli Sande or Ed Sheeran

A more boreing bunch would be hard to find but Britney Spears :eek: ---- she would have cost the budget for at least half the series and contributed nothing :)