Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh i don't know why i bother making comments on here when some rude horrible nasty ignorant person who did nothing my use my personal issues to their full advantage is just going to ignore me and make me feel like such an outside. Yeah Josh, you have won ok. You have turned everyone against me. Happy now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so now when i log into DS after a longer day at work a couple people have told me that i have been called every name under the sun.

"Josh Pinder is ignorant, uses others against them and mistreats people with mental illness" that is what i have been told....I am sorry but that has crossed the line....DS is to use for constructive discussions, it is a device utilised where people can exchange views on particular subjects under the thread titles.

I do not have the power to manipulate others...nor do i want to especially if its through negative behaviour or set out to hurt someone....that is not the kind of person I am.

LM i have not read your last comment because the dispute you had with me a couple months back actually hurt me....so yes i put you on my ignore list....ironcally i was going to take you off that and keep it very neutral...but if what has been said to me is true then i see no reason to....it hurts me that you think i am ignorant, it hurts me that you think i even have the time to manipulate others and it definitely hurts me that you feel the need to lash out against me despite the fact that you...I and the rest of DS users know nothing about each other at all.

A social networking site is what is utilised for getting to know someone...it paints a picture, a forum however doesnt, nor does other forms of forums....and in our time with each other on MSN whenever you have felt at your worst i have tried to help you and genuinely cared for you, because THAT is the f-ing person i am...i care, i wouldnt do what i do everyday if i didnt care!

I continually told you never to express hatred online....and to try and seek help, if that hasnt helped you then tough, find clubs, social places nearby....the world is your oister man....i mean whenever you feel bad in a situation do something to change it for the better for yourself, without the need for anything negative.

But seriously....if you calling me those things was your bid to garner my attention then yes, it worked, how vile....i do not and never am hurtful to other people unless they have affected me in such a way, well that happened...multiple times and now i crossed a line under it and have decided to keep it neutral as can be.

Do not use DS as a weapon or way to hurt people just because you feel uncomfortable in yourself...find something proactive :) not harmful or hurtful in any way shape or form.

Chances are you will ignore it like previous times which always seems to get us in this situations...but it is because I care and want to seek the best in other people that i am writing this...that and the fact that i am genuinely taken aback and hurt by what has been said and said to me by your recent post LM.

Anyways im drawing a line under the matter, if you respond to this in a negative way then my words to you have obviously not been read or taken on board,....be positive, be neutral and find yourself LM.

Also truth be told i have no time to take out of my day to be a hurtful person.....not to mention the fact that this time of year is not necessarily my favourite time...but i buggar on with it and stay strong....

Anyways peace out, i have said my bit and am doing my bit and that is that.

Sorry if i have over ranted or whatever...peace.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, you might want to PM each other rather than do it in public:cool: and there are no outsiders on the MAT Little Monster:)
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Been needing True Blue on blast again today....in that kinda mood for a bit of bliss and uplifting Power Pop/Dance Pop/Pop Rock fusion and nowt does it better than True Blue....rewatched my Ciao Italia DVD earlier too....Papa Dont Preach performed always gives me chills, adore the video art too....just Madonna on stage, blaring guitars, big vocals.....its all you need in life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZouz-iJ5c

This is MY Madonna!:D:):);)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I made myself a playlist of all Madonna's singles and put them in a random order and had a glorious day listening to them all - Madge 4ever!
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest news is she is doing a photo shoot in Argentina for an international magazine. Cool!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    The latest news is she is doing a photo shoot in Argentina for an international magazine. Cool!

It's a Steven Klein shoot and involves all her dancers as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back on after having bout of flu bug...ah man there is no time in the world for it...hate it...still have t round me -_-

And Madonna and Kelin...hells yes cannot wait to see what it will be/....delicious i reckon.

Anyways...look whos on the top of the 2012 list baby!

http://www.billboard.com/column/year-in-music-2012#/column/year-in-music-2012/top-25-tours-of-2012-1008051082.story

Preaching the truth an those are the "stats so far"

anyways....peace out everyone, have a relaxed weekend :)
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Cry for me Argentina in BA. Really beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZKUFd4vXEA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love the idea of Madonna reuniting with Suart Price again though...i mean he was in her band in the Drowned World Era and of course she pushed him to grow and grow right on through the Confessions era and of course is established through his remix aliases and has since worked with The Killers, Brandon Flowers, Kylie, Scissor Sisters, gaga, and Take That and now i feel he may need to be pushed again and vice versa...i think they were an insane duo :cool:

It is all speculation but this is pretty exciting and am hoping they both work on the Alternative Dance aspect...would be so epic! :cool:

And there was speculation Madonna will hit the studio Spring 2013 to officially start recording album 13....all is epic :D cannot wait for the stuff to start....hopefully for photo teasers and stuff to tide us over :)

Stu Price is very polarising these days. In 2010, Aphrodite and Night Work...I adored Aphrodite (although given the explosive and frustratingly unused gems on X which you all know which ones I mean since I mention them numerously!!), I just couldn't get into Night Work, only three songs on that record I liked :(. If anyone could give Price that kick up the ass and switch it up one more time it could be Madonna.

Such an exciting day, having a day off now I don't have a trillion assignments to do, so lovely, just discovered the new Hurts track...the Road. This is stunning, those menacing guitars didn't half explode at the end <3!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Don't Cry for me Argentina in BA. Really beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZKUFd4vXEA

Ah wow that really is beautiful :) I adore her voice so much...but man that was beautiful!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Stu Price is very polarising these days. In 2010, Aphrodite and Night Work...I adored Aphrodite (although given the explosive and frustratingly unused gems on X which you all know which ones I mean since I mention them numerously!!), I just couldn't get into Night Work, only three songs on that record I liked :(. If anyone could give Price that kick up the ass and switch it up one more time it could be Madonna.

Such an exciting day, having a day off now I don't have a trillion assignments to do, so lovely, just discovered the new Hurts track...the Road. This is stunning, those menacing guitars didn't half explode at the end <3!

Thats the thing no Price production since Confessions has been that peak moment again....and for a reason...Madonna and Price worked so perfectly as a dynamic duo and created such a universe...and while i do prefer X to Aphrodite i think i rank them on a par...Aphrodite was more concise and conceptualised while X had some of a mixed bag with true high points and true duds....but Prices work on Aphrodite really was so watered down...magical and very Kylie but really not overall to my taste really....and Night Work well i pretty much dug that album in particular Invisible Light i found a true beast of a song which should have been a release with a killer video...but alas it never happened. And of course Price worked with Brandon Flowers and Take That that year too...to very mixed results...but the Rockier aspects is an area to focus.....we will of course wait and see soon :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been a lot of speculation that Madonna is doing a film project with Klein too...unsure if that is true or whether it will link into whatever the film project was spoken of waaay back.....maybe?

Perhaps if so it may be a sequel to X-Static Process?? either way still psyched that it is happening something between them again anyhow :) I love it when they both are so inspired with each other :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this image is circulating FB to do with Ms photoshoot with Klein (maybe??)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282571_385748441512565_359291112_n.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Hmm very Girls Gone Wild meets Express Yourself and Human Nature type thing

Anyway, listening to Dear Jessie makes me feel really Christmasy and warm :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Hmm very Girls Gone Wild meets Express Yourself and Human Nature type thing

Anyway, listening to Dear Jessie makes me feel really Christmasy and warm :D

Man yeah i love the idea of that....we will see soon i hope im just psyched M and Klein are doing a new project together....which makes sense what with their poolside meetings while M is on the road.

ANd yeah i know....its that whole nature of the Like A Prayer album i adore that nightmarish/fantasy/dreamlike/hyper reality vibe it has and Dear Jessie is the symbolism of Festivity/Christmassy vibes definitely....most likely why it was released in the UK in December and charted/sold really well too...plus the Mickey Mouse ear cover to cherry on the top it :cool: :) But yeah it is Wintery and warming......my only complaint is the lack of any M action in the video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More behind the scenes on the Madonna/Klein project

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/68955_10152350303255035_1978784518_n.jpg

Reminds me a bit of Spikes crypt on Buffy....very gothic looking :cool:

I love what i have seen thus far....cannot wait to see what it will be :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also...havent posted this in a while but the Madonnarama in short news i love reading and Madonna has some impressive stats..... take a look

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/12/16/in-brief-mdna-tour-backstage-madame-tussauds-sean-penn-larry-gagosion-monte-pittman-fffu-and-more/

Especially Facebooks Year review section.....Well done M!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonnas Own Standing Ovation.....its pretty emotional and so simplistic...must have a look at this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRUW5nC6kRA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedtime Stories on blast!!! Havent played in full for a while :) Always remember it being played winter time when i was a kid...so yeah im proper feeling it right now....only Bowie is the other White artist to master such raw R&B on an album with his Young Americans superb album!

BS is my least fave M album but damn its a mood pleaser....still in my top 50 albums ever however....its pretty damn funky and epic and i love how much her "Soul" soulful side is showcased across the album too! I mean she has always had it in previous albums and albums post-BS but DAYYYMN!!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2012 really has been a great year for Madonna. Biggest US TV audience ever, number 1 album in 50 countries, lots of controversies and dramas and the most successful tour of the year..great for someone who is 30 years into their career:)

I can't wait to find out what this project is but I do hope it's not another single. It will flop and she won't make any effort to promote it:( The single choices and the lack of promo have been the only bad point in a very good Madonna year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too right its been a great year...so many treats for us all and a brilliant launch pad for her for future releases....it was like a full circle of her legacy thus far by Madonna "keeping low profile" bar the obvious moments of course...in a non-traditional Madonna era by showcasing her true legacy and power as MADONNA....fantastic experiment well payed.

And i highly doubt its a single...Superstar is the final release in South America with no video and it is doing okay....but the tour has been sublime and the major success there definitely. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, the video/photoshoot is promo for the upcoming truth or dare lingerie line