The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lindy

You have seen this abstract here before on FB.I have brought it to life in pictures on wordpress.You can share it no problemxx

http://julietlubega.wordpress.com/short-stories/comment-page-1/#comment-24
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    :eek: They bestow upon you the great honour of choosing to live with you, and you just spurn this gift?!:eek:

I've just told my cat about this base ingratitude and she is shocked - glassy-eyed- whiskers curling- and it put her completely off her evening caviar... :p

evening..........:D
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Just filled the dishwasher with salt and cleaned the downstairs loo. Think I will read the paper for a while.

Have just quit writing my column afte 15 years. It takes too much time and too much hassle for the little money it brings. I want to be free of as much unnecessary things as possible. I can now concentrate on my other projects.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

Just filled the dishwasher with salt and cleaned the downstairs loo. Think I will read the paper for a while.

Have just quit writing my column afte 15 years. It takes too much time and too much hassle for the little money it brings. I want to be free of as much unnecessary things as possible. I can now concentrate on my other projects.

Woop!!! :D Well done nyannie :)

The "other projects" sound fascinating.....should I not ask?? ;) :cool:
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Hello

sorry i went missing :o

family stuff
    but all sorted now :D

hope all are good and well

Muggs hope you got my birthday tweet

but i shall wish you Happy Birthday and all the best on
    here as well :p xxx
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Dont blame you, as long as you arent going to miss it...

now you can retire properly as well...

Life has to be a balance doesnt it, between spending and having fun now, and living for the future...

my hairdresser 6 months ago was determined to save up and get a foot on the housing ladder, and do all the sensible things of going back to live at home.....now hes given up on this idea, moved back into london, determined to have a bit more fun.... Sensible guy.....

I was too tired to go to Sewing tonight, so after doing a bit of tidying up, I can collapse in front of the computer for a few hours.....

how is everyone....???
  • ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you had a lovely birthday Muggs :)

Hi to everyone nice to see so many people posting.

Thank you everyone for my birthday messages a nice message of Pickles and thank you for it. :)
    Forum Member
    Nice to see you ellemay. Hope you had a lovely day.

Good to see you georgy - I was just about ready to enlist the aid of augusta and lindy and start a search party. We do miss your cheery and funny posts!

Gusty wind woke me up this morning - it is awful! Have a friend coming down from London today - debating whether to call it off as she will be driving!

My other projects - finishing two paintings, finishing my book, starting a portrait of a friend's daughter - and helping to start a local newspaper. Hope I can fit all this in between hospital and dental appointments and being on hand to help neighbour with her children. Oh yes, and researching a trip to Paris and then one to Spain next year.
    Forum Member
    Forgot to wish you all a good day.

I went to a newly-formed local women's group lunch. Although I was one of the oldest ones there I felt an energy and vibrancy amongst the others. So much talent around that is wasted! Had a great speaker who talked about challenges and finding out what we really want in life. Met some very interesting people too. Gave me a huge boost.

You only get one shot at life and I am determined to cram as much in as I possibly can. Can't wait until the next meeting.
    Forum Member
    Nice to see you ellemay. Hope you had a lovely day.

Good to see you georgy - I was just about ready to enlist the aid of augusta and lindy and start a search party. We do miss your cheery and funny posts!

Gusty wind woke me up this morning - it is awful! Have a friend coming down from London today - debating whether to call it off as she will be driving!

My other projects - finishing two paintings, finishing my book, starting a portrait of a friend's daughter - and helping to start a local newspaper. Hope I can fit all this in between hospital and dental appointments and being on hand to help neighbour with her children. Oh yes, and researching a trip to Paris and then one to Spain next year.

Gusty wind woke me up to :o:D

thanks nyannie
    and what a lovely search party that would of been :D

they would of found me at my mums, she managed to get a nasty infection in her face from a tooth that even spread to her eye :(
    but all good now :D

and just wow, when we next meet please bring some photo's
    of your paintings, would love to see them and a copy of the newspaper, have a great day, and find a little time to sit
    down and rest :D
    Forum Member
    So sorry to hear about your mum georgy. Glad to hear she is on the mend.

A friend of mine came down to see me today. We had a lovely time, caught up with all the news and had a great lunch. We then booked our tickets for the O2 in November and got some ballet tickets to see Great Gatsby with the Northern Ballet in May. Easy to spend money!!

Well, hope everyone has a lovely evening. Good Wife has started again so will be tuning in. The lead actress lived in the town next to mine.
    Forum Member

A friend of mine came down to see me today. We had a lovely time, caught up with all the news and had a great lunch. We then booked our tickets for the O2 in November and got some ballet tickets to see Great Gatsby with the Northern Ballet in May. Easy to spend money!!

Well, hope everyone has a lovely evening. Good Wife has started again so will be tuning in. The lead actress lived in the town next to mine.

Glad you had a good day nyannie :)

I didn't know that Good Wife was on tonight - in fact I have never got into it before - with your recommendation I may give it a go :)
    Forum Member

thanks nyannie

they would of found me at my mums, she managed to get a nasty infection in her face from a tooth that even spread to her eye :(

of your paintings, would love to see them and a copy of the newspaper, have a great day, and find a little time to sit

Sorry to hear about your mum georgy, glad she's better now.

Did you manage to watch the match last night, I wonder? We let a 2 - 0 lead slip against Arsenal! :eek: Good match though ;)
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »
    Hope you had a lovely birthday Muggs :)

Hi to everyone nice to see so many people posting.

Thank you everyone for my birthday messages a nice message of Pickles and thank you for it. :)

Belated birthday wishes ellemay :)
    Forum Member

I went to a newly-formed local women's group lunch. Although I was one of the oldest ones there I felt an energy and vibrancy amongst the others. So much talent around that is wasted! Had a great speaker who talked about challenges and finding out what we really want in life. Met some very interesting people too. Gave me a huge boost.

You only get one shot at life and I am determined to cram as much in as I possibly can. Can't wait until the next meeting.

BIB 1 I'd love something like this....I don't think it exists around here.....is it under the aegis of an organisation, or down to someone's individual effort?

BIB 2 Can't help but feel this is somewhat relevant to me....I will get work under control this year, and that's a promise! :cool:

Seriously, nyannie, these plans sound great....what a creative and involved person you are :):):)
    Forum Member

Thanks Nyannie
    she is still a little bruised
    needed to keep popping down to help out
    and dad doesn't drive, so i needed to get him around :D

so pleased you had a good day
    the ballet sounds lovely, something to look forward to
    enjoy your show :D
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your mum georgy, glad she's better now.

Did you manage to watch the match last night, I wonder? We let a 2 - 0 lead slip against Arsenal! :eek: Good match though ;)

Thanks lindy
    yes all good now

it was a good match, and a shame we didn't win,
    but i really do think a draw was a fair result, very little
    to choose between the two teams :cool: :D

so onwards and upwards
    Man C next, lets hope for a win :p
    Forum Member

what a wonderful positive attitude you have......I m so impressed at how much you manage to fit in. so tell us more about this womens lunch group, and starting your local newpaper....very very impressive....:D

evening everyone.........
    Forum Member

thanks nyannie

oh your poor mum, there are some really nasty bugs out there.......is she ok now?

I had no idea infection could spread like that:(
    Forum Member
    Thanks Nyannie
    she is still a little bruised
    needed to keep popping down to help out
    and dad doesn't drive, so i needed to get him around :D

so pleased you had a good day
    the ballet sounds lovely, something to look forward to
    enjoy your show :D

posted same message twice.....the wind must be upsetting the computer.....

I try and personalise computers as much as possible, I know its idiotic, but......I like people and can be patient with them, but I get incredibly impatient with machines....

I know im totally illogical, but I actually think computers and modern technology could almost give me a run for my money. Why things like fb work perfectly one minute and then go wrong the next, Ive got no idea......

im sure its not always me:p
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    posted same message twice.....the wind must be upsetting the computer.....

I try and personalise computers as much as possible, I know its idiotic, but......I like people and can be patient with them, but I get incredibly impatient with machines....

I know im totally illogical, but I actually think computers and modern technology could almost give me a run for my money. Why things like fb work perfectly one minute and then go wrong the next, Ive got no idea......

im sure its not always me:p

Even my landline phone is playing up now :eek:

It lost half the numbers in the contact list, and randomly connects me to other numbers that have never been there!! Spooky or what?! :eek:

Our old phone worked perfectly well until it simply wore out....I think this one is just to complicated for its own good :(
    Forum Member

It lost half the numbers in the contact list, and randomly connects me to other numbers that have never been there!! Spooky or what?! :eek:

Our old phone worked perfectly well until it simply wore out....I think this one is just to complicated for its own good :(

it sounds like some kind of loose connection.....but......

I agree...what is the point of a phone that does so many complicated things, most of which you dont actually use?

or is this just me being a dinosaur?:confused:

I have discovered my kindle can play games......theres a mahjong one im particularly fond of , and one on gems...

A friend of mine also got one for christmas, and said she loved using it to play games and for the internet, but the screen was too bright to use for reading!!!

That is defintely irony.....not to use a gadget for the purpose it was invented for :D
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    what a wonderful positive attitude you have......I m so impressed at how much you manage to fit in. so tell us more about this womens lunch group, and starting your local newpaper....very very impressive....:D

evening everyone.........

Morning all.

The women's group was started by a woman who has very heavy responsibilities at home. She has created a charity but found that she was becoming isolated. She did have a few friends and the group grew by word of mouth. They meet for lunch - with a speaker once every two months and the other months they meet in the evening for a social event. I cannot tell you how much it did for me. Much like the various threads did when I was recovering from my latest fall.

I'm now awaiting a meeting to discuss the community newspaper/newsletter.

Well folks, I'm off to the physio so best go.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm hoping the pain is going to get better, not worse because of the physio - evidently I have an inflamed tendon as well as a ligament!
    Forum Member

I know it is old-fashioned but we keep a telephone book with everyone's email addresses as well as address and phone number. I've had too many bad experiences with technology to rely on it solely. I keep nothing stored in my mobile. Silly I know, but I only use it in emergencies.

As for your landline. Our neighbours had something similar. Have you tested it? I think there are videos on youtube for it - or check the technology section on DS. I found it very useful with my computer. Are they doing any broadband work nearby?

Hope it all gets sorted out soon.
    Forum Member
    Morning all

I,m no good with technology

if something is not working
    i keep hitting the same button,
    just harder each time :o

and if its not to heavy i pick it up and shake it a few time :p

by the way, this has never..... ever...... worked :(:D
This discussion has been closed.