Playstation Plus

dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just purchased a 90 day subscription today downloaded Assasins Creed and then got a message saying it was due to expire in 30 mins. I thought as long as you had a Playstation plus subscription you could play the game. Good game to really gettin into it.

Comments

• steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    It's a game trial which lasts one hour - bit pointless especially having to DL GBS worth of data. I think they hope you'll buy it after the one hour

The only free games are under 'freebies' within the store - I think there are ten ps3 games at any one time - usually one new one - two per month
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but before you download it you are given the option of a game trial or the full game. I choose the full game so whats the point in that then is that the same as the game trial. Complete waste of time and it was 8bg.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I didn't think ass creed was one of the free games so if you chose full game wouldn't it have charged you more cash? So if it hasn't, you've downloaded the demo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i downloaded it it said free and i was given the option of game trial or full game so i choose full game, i see now it has reverted back to 11.99.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what to say other than you must have misread it, Assassin's Creed has been on Full Game Trial for ages but never part of the free game collection. It's only ever been a one hour trial of the full game. The free games to keep as long as your sub is valid are separate to the full game trials, which are 1hr only.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will have to buy this just looking for the cheapest around.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Will have to buy this just looking for the cheapest around.

You can get a double pack with 1 and 2 for £15 from Amazon, seems like a good deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving slightly off topic here can you recommend some software to so i can reformat my external harddrive to fat32.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moving slightly off topic here can you recommend some software to so i can reformat my external harddrive to fat32.

FAT32Format GUI Version - http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The one I linked is the GUI version of FAT32Format direct from the authors website so I would go with that unless you really like command line lol

SwissKnife doesn't work with Vista or later unless you buy the pro version which is a pity as it was a good program.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will do Thanks Gormond, just waiting on my new hard drive to arrive now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will do Thanks Gormond, just waiting on my new hard drive to arrive now.

I have used Verbatim's format tool to format a drive to fat32 too, it says just for verbatim drives but worked with mine NP so that's another option - http://www.verbatim-europe.co.uk/en_1/downloads_drivers_337_0_3.html?con=2

I just remembered about that for some reason lol :D
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you're going to format this HDD to use as an external one for media.

If you're going to replace your internal HDD then you don't need to bother as the PS3 will prompt you to format the new drive when you turn it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats right Conroy, ive got a crappy phat PS3 60gb i have like 17 GB left but even when i tried to download Assasins creed yesterday which was 8gb i got the message not enough space, I cant be having that all the time so time to get a bigger drive. So reformat the external hardrive to Fat32 then once done and new hard drive inserted into PS3 then restore stuff. Never done it before so see how goes.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're saying you're putting a bigger drive in your PS3 which is fine, just to be sure though make sure you realise you can't store games on an external drive, only music, movies etc
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    The one I linked is the GUI version of FAT32Format direct from the authors website so I would go with that unless you really like command line lol

SwissKnife doesn't work with Vista or later unless you buy the pro version which is a pity as it was a good program.

Oops, sorry, lazy googling on my part!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes aware of that mojobrew thanks.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats right Conroy, ive got a crappy phat PS3 60gb i have like 17 GB left but even when i tried to download Assasins creed yesterday which was 8gb i got the message not enough space, I cant be having that all the time so time to get a bigger drive. So reformat the external hardrive to Fat32 then once done and new hard drive inserted into PS3 then restore stuff. Never done it before so see how goes.

Changing the hard-drive is a relatively painless experience, but my one word of warning is the screws - you need to use the precise size of screw-head otherwise you will mash the screw head up and not be able to get it out. This happens incredibly easily. Just spend the couple of quid making sure you have the right kit!

It's very simple other than that though. I'm terrible when it comes to changing components or anything like that, but changing hard-drive on PS3 is a doddle.