youview what is on the catch up services

stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
Forum Member
✭✭
When I use catchup services (especially 4od) i find different programs are available depending on how I am watching, computer/ipad/ps3, my question is what sellection of programs do you get with youview?

Also with youview what is the selection of old show like, with 4od on a computer it is excellent, what is it like on youview?

many thanks

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    You should get them all. But they (the broadcasters) make many cock ups. Sometimes a programme is not available via the backward EPG yet is available going directly through the catch up app.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    You should get them all. But they (the broadcasters) make many cock ups. Sometimes a programme is not available via the backward EPG yet is available going directly through the catch up app.

Yes dad noticed that the other month with Emmerdale on STV.

Darren
  • stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »

when you mean via the app, is this still on the youview box? (sorry i have never had a chance to play with one).

also when you say 'all of them' do you mean every single show, even one not available via a pc(or other catch up services) or do you mean 'all of them' being all the shows on the pc?
  • jxpjxp Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when you mean via the app, is this still on the youview box? (sorry i have never had a chance to play with one).

also when you say 'all of them' do you mean every single show, even one not available via a pc(or other catch up services) or do you mean 'all of them' being all the shows on the pc?

I don't have youview but I'm pretty sure there are two ways to access online (Catch-up) content in the youview box.

Firstly you can use the Guide to go back into the past (e.g. to watch yesterdays Eastenders). Secondly there is a selection of online services. These include iPlayer, 4od etc but also things like Netflix (which won't correspond the the Freeview TV guide). This is what the original poster means by the itvPlayer app.

I'm sure "all of them" refers to all the shows available via a PC. It's just sometimes the past guide doesn't let you use all of them (due to a mistake on the online service)
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    What he said.