I find it odd...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
Forum Member
... that the "Cheryl talks to return for X Factor UK/USA" have been out for a week now and her publicist hasn't issued a press release negating the claims. I remember when the first issue came out at the series finale of Series 9, they immediately shut the rumors off... And also, to think that she`s been active on her twitter and facebook page throughout the release of the issue.

I may be making these all up but something seems fishy.

Comments

• mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monxx wrote: »
    ... that the "Cheryl talks to return for X Factor UK/USA" have been out for a week now and her publicist hasn't issued a press release negating the claims. I remember when the first issue came out at the series finale of Series 9, they immediately shut the rumors off... And also, to think that she`s been active on her twitter and facebook page throughout the release of the issue.

I may be making these all up but something seems fishy.

Maybe they want to make whatever will happen a surprise? It can't be easy trying to keep secrets in showbiz tday with us nosey fans and equally nosey reporters.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the big UK new sites reported it though, they all reported Khloe potentially leaving but made no mention of Cheryl when both stories came from the same article originally. So maybe if sites like The Sun, The Mirror or The Mail were reporting them her people would be aware, but it was the smaller sites so maybe they aren't bothered.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I just hope she doesn't return. She was single-handedly the most bitchy of all the judges. Remember what she said to Wagner, then she pounced on Cher because of a small joke which she completely misunderstood and then she goes and sues a producer. 'Queen of Chavs' is a very suitable title, thug and gold digger are other appropriate titles too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's possibly thinking it over this time. Not dismissing it out of hand.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    None of the big UK new sites reported it though, they all reported Khloe potentially leaving but made no mention of Cheryl when both stories came from the same article originally. So maybe if sites like The Sun, The Mirror or The Mail were reporting them her people would be aware, but it was the smaller sites so maybe they aren't bothered.

I thought it was odd though that the UK sites didn't report it (other than DS) considering they all ran the Khloe story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope she doesn't return. She was single-handedly the most bitchy of all the judges. Remember what she said to Wagner, then she pounced on Cher because of a small joke which she completely misunderstood and then she goes and sues a producer. 'Queen of Chavs' is a very suitable title, thug and gold digger are other appropriate titles too.

She was wrong with what she did to Wagner, but Cher made a bitchy remark about Cheryl and all Cheryl said was something like "Be careful on who you kick on the way up they will kick you twice as hard on the way back down, unappreciation is ugly" and most people agreed with her and Cher even apoligised for the remark.

And I have no idea what her contract stated, but if she is entitled money she has every right to go and get it.

And fair enough call her a thug for one incident in her life, but she certainly isn't a gold digger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I thought it was odd though that the UK sites didn't report it (other than DS) considering they all ran the Khloe story.

Maybe they knew it was rubbish, but that hasn't stopped them before, so I don't get why they didn't run the story to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they knew it was rubbish, but that hasn't stopped them before, so I don't get why they didn't run the story to be honest.

Exactly, even if they know it's rubbish - they'll still repeat it, particularly if it's XF related. I definitely think she'll be returning in some capacity. She'd only need to do one season in the US and she could launch her solo career off the back of it.

*shrugs* who knows, but in answer to the OP - her people don't often comment on everything anyway.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mentioned it in a couple of threads but its strange how this story broke and after seeming like she was all but confirmed, Sharon Osbourne is suddenly rumoured to be replacing Mel B in Australia.
    Forum Member
    She was wrong with what she did to Wagner, but Cher made a bitchy remark about Cheryl and all Cheryl said was something like "Be careful on who you kick on the way up they will kick you twice as hard on the way back down, unappreciation is ugly" and most people agreed with her and Cher even apoligised for the remark.

And I have no idea what her contract stated, but if she is entitled money she has every right to go and get it.

And fair enough call her a thug for one incident in her life, but she certainly isn't a gold digger.

How was what Cher said bitchy???! It was a joke. I even heard it on the radio myself. All she said was 'if she [Cheryl] preforms with auto-tune'. Common that's not all that bad! Does Cheryl really think Cher was not joking here? Does she really think that highly of her singing skills? It was really immature of Cheryl to have a fight with somebody half her age - a teen. Tbh Cheryl played no part in the success that was Cher.

So she's not a gold digger when she kept her ex-husband's last name just so she could get 50% of his earnings? And she's obviously not looking to make some quick cash by suing this producer for unfair dismissal. :rolleyes: It happened on AI as well, except the judge in that case didn't sue. How anyone can defend this woman's ability to make cash in such a short period of time astounds me.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she's not a gold digger when she kept her ex-husband's last name just so she could get 50% of his earnings? And she's obviously not looking to make some quick cash by suing this producer for unfair dismissal. :rolleyes: It happened on AI as well, except the judge in that case didn't sue. How anyone can defend this woman's ability to make cash in such a short period of time astounds me.

She isn't suing them for unfair dismissal. Shes suing them because she supposedly signed a 2 year contract, whether or not she appeared, and only recieved a years pay. To be honest if a company screwed me over like the way she was, I'd do exactly the same and don't see why anyone wouldn't.

Professionally she doesn't use Cole anymore and isn't she divorced anyway? So she won't get any of his earnings.
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    Professionally she doesn't use Cole anymore and isn't she divorced anyway? So she won't get any of his earnings.

In a divorce settlement, the woman usually gets some money off the man. Cheryl got a lot of money out of Ashley.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My My, its almost as if the UK tabloids know exactly where she's going and have been briefed to deliberately keep it a secret! :eek:

:D

(and it was Huffington Post wasn't it? Her "people" would be all over that)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How was what Cher said bitchy???! It was a joke. I even heard it on the radio myself. All she said was 'if she [Cheryl] preforms with auto-tune'. Common that's not all that bad! Does Cheryl really think Cher was not joking here? Does she really think that highly of her singing skills? It was really immature of Cheryl to have a fight with somebody half her age - a teen. Tbh Cheryl played no part in the success that was Cher.

Cher knew exactly what she was saying, and just because something is meant as a joke doesn't mean it isn't nasty, I like Cher but she was being bitchy when she said it. And Cheryl didn't try to start a fight she made one tweet saying you shouldn't be nasty to others on the way up.... And no Cheryl has spoken many times that she knows she isn't a great vocalist.

And again if I signed a contract that meant I was supposed to be paid whether they kept me or not I would expect to be paid. Lets not pretend that if Cheryl was in breach of her contract that the production company wouldn't be suing her.

And keeping someones last name has nothing to do with getting money from them. :confused: And she didn't actually go after his money, she wanted a quick divorce so walked away from everything but she kept the house and Ashley got an apartment they owned. She is a self made millionaire so she didn't need his money.

You may not like Cheryl, but don't make things up to make her look bad, it ends up just making you look foolish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    Mentioned it in a couple of threads but its strange how this story broke and after seeming like she was all but confirmed, Sharon Osbourne is suddenly rumoured to be replacing Mel B in Australia.

I wouldn't count Sharon out for the UK Series .. those "Brits" guest spots are pencilled in way in advance and i'd be surprised if the Dermot/Sharon spot wasn't actually just assigned to being X-Factor people and it was the show that put them both up there.

It'd seem a bit random for her just to re-appear after all these years without any purpose behind it. Either she's got it or they want to know what people thought of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It'd seem a bit random for her just to re-appear after all these years without any purpose behind it. Either she's got it or they want to know what people thought of her.

That's a very good point actually. Likewise they allowed Geri to have a spot on the auditions to see if the public were keen and they weren't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking of two possibilities why the Daily Mail ++ haven't published the story yet

a.) they think of the story as a rubbish one (but when did that ever stop them from publishing rubbish news. They've produced more nonsense news than this one.)

b.) there's a confidentiality thing going on because something is really about to happen in terms of Cheryl and X Factor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monxx wrote: »
    I'm thinking of two possibilities why the Daily Mail ++ haven't published the story yet

a.) they think of the story as a rubbish one (but when did that ever stop them from publishing rubbish news. They've produced more nonsense news than this one.)

b.) there's a confidentiality thing going on because something is really about to happen in terms of Cheryl and X Factor

I have no idea, but there were rumours it could be part of her settlement for the lawsuit she filed, so if it was it would be part of a legal case, so would they be able to talk about it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea, but there were rumours it could be part of her settlement for the lawsuit she filed, so if it was it would be part of a legal case, so would they be able to talk about it?

I dont think "officially" she would be given the job to settle the lawsuit - i think that would just have to happen as well as a matter of clearing the ground for her to do it. Otherwise it would be like bribery in a way.

It also gives the show a good reason to settle without looking like they are climbing down .. i.e she's such a good judge we needed to invite her back and this was the proper way etc etc.

Whatever is happening i'd bet my life the papers know about it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mirror are now reporting she will be offered a deal to judge the US show again and will be paid more than she was first time around.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/cheryl-cole-offered-x-factor-1752011

Edit: Be interesting to see if her team shoot down the rumours now that it is coming from a bigger news site.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on a kind of "averaging out" of media coverage so far, my feeling is that Barlow is going to survive, somehow. But that Tulisa is gone and will be replaced by Sharon. And Cheryl will get Britney's job in the US as FOX seek to cut costs and abandon the overpaid "celebs" that have delivered no results on X Factor or American Idol. Simon will be happy because he'll be working with Cheryl again. And in the UK, Louis' position will be strengthened by the arrival of Sharon and both of them are "trusted" by Cowell even if he has to tolerate another year or Barlow droning on and on.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    Based on a kind of "averaging out" of media coverage so far, my feeling is that Barlow is going to survive, somehow. But that Tulisa is gone and will be replaced by Sharon. And Cheryl will get Britney's job in the US as FOX seek to cut costs and abandon the overpaid "celebs" that have delivered no results on X Factor or American Idol. Simon will be happy because he'll be working with Cheryl again. And in the UK, Louis' position will be strengthened by the arrival of Sharon and both of them are "trusted" by Cowell even if he has to tolerate another year or Barlow droning on and on.

I think the biggest issue with Gary is there is nobody to replace him. The Tulisa seat is interchangeable - there are enough female judges/acts around for one of them to give it a go, whether it be Sharon, Mel B, Dannii, Cheryl etc. but male talent judges are very thin on the ground. Those who are currently making it in the industry don't seem to have the character required; especially as Gary's seat is really still seen as Simon's place on the panel. The approach to Gary is simply one of 'better the devil you know'. It's reasonable to expect that Sharon's return will improve the panel as she will give Louis a sense of purpose and has experience of the show but there's no one out there, other than Simon, who can guarantee that kind of security for the second male seat.

Saying all this, I think it should be a lot easier to stablise the UK version than the US version; the UK version has history and some viewer loyalty, though it's running the risk of testing that at the moment. I think the production team did take a back seat with the UK show last year, thinking it could look after itself so they could tend to the US version; that backfired. I highly doubt, and hope, they'll make the same error again and a combination of Gary-Nicole-Sharon-Louis looks ok on paper - as long as they go back to traditional song choices/acts instead of trying to modernise the show at every turn.

The US version is harder to judge. I've never understood Simon's desire to have two hosts in charge of the show; the second presenter is really not needed and just results in the need for chemistry instead of letting a sole person get on with the job. I think he should leave Mario Lopez in place and move on to the panel; replacing LA Reid is going to be the big test and they really need to find another record producer who can push Simon's buttons and is his equal in terms of experience etc. At the moment he is the master and no one bothers to really fight him; Demi's attempt during the last series came across as a teenager attempting to have an argument with her father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mirror are now reporting she will be offered a deal to judge the US show again and will be paid more than she was first time around.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/cheryl-cole-offered-x-factor-1752011

Edit: Be interesting to see if her team shoot down the rumours now that it is coming from a bigger news site.

I have a feeling they won't
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with Fudd about the 'head judge' role. There are very few that have the longevity in the record industry and are recognisable to at least some of the TV public. Ronan Keating, Will Young ... and I'm struggling already Michael Bublé? Robbie? The only thing they can do is go for a manager/producer/record exec that has some TV presence and that could be a TV 'name' overnight - in the same way that Simon and Louis (and a lesser degree Pete Waterman) were. Or, thinking outside the box, go for someone like Paul Weller or Nellee Hooper.

The Cheryl/Dannii/Tulisa/Kelly role is easy to fill and that's why there have been so many names mentioned. I'm just surprised Kimberley Walsh's name hasn't been thrown into the hat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling they won't

^ I don't think they will either

Either way - the story makes her look in demand whether it's true or not. Look at all those constant stories about her being on Glee - clearly not true but they were never denied.

(They'll probably deny it now I've written this post :p:p )