PS4 cross-buy games

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
4 great little games have been announced for day one availability on PS4 via PSN.

Flower
flOw
Escape Plan
Sound Shapes

Best of all, if you already own any of these titles on PS3 or Vita they'll be available to you for FREE!

Flower and flOw are also coming to Vita for the first time and are also covered by cross-buy

Comments

• steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting, I own all except escape plan so will at least give me a few games more to play on the PS4. Good to know it is getting some indie titles so early on too, bodes well.

Thing is though will they enhance these games to make use of the PS4s power or are they just ports? If it's the latter then they are really only useful to those silly people who have sold their PS3 to get the PS4.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased with this.

Sound Shapes is a brilliant game and I am sure that flower will look stunning on the PS4.

It is encouraging to see the extension of the cross-buy scheme to PS4.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven123 wrote: »
    Thing is though will they enhance these games to make use of the PS4s power or are they just ports? If it's the latter then they are really only useful to those silly people who have sold their PS3 to get the PS4.

What's known so far is that Flower has definitely had an overhaul, and will run in 1080p at 60 frames a second. Meanwhile, Escape Plan has had its controls reworked allowing the touchscreen controls of the Vita version to take full advantage of the Dualshock 4.

How much difference all of this makes remains to be seen, but they certainly seem to be more than simple ports.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now this is the type of thing that will win me over to digital downloads. The more this type of offer can be extended the better.

Now I know this will likely never happen but imagine if you could buy BF4 on EA Origin, then also have an option to download it on Steam, PSN and/or LIVE all for a one time payment at the start. If something like that happened I would be a lot happier buying digital because it wouldn't matter if one provider went out of business I could still get my content from another service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Now this is the type of thing that will win me over to digital downloads. The more this type of offer can be extended the better.

Now I know this will likely never happen but imagine if you could buy BF4 on EA Origin, then also have an option to download it on Steam, PSN and/or LIVE all for a one time payment at the start. If something like that happened I would be a lot happier buying digital because it wouldn't matter if one provider went out of business I could still get my content from another service.

I've always thought where available companies should do this, of course Sony can just give first party games away after you have bought it on one console

But in the case of EA or Ubisoft etc, you should have the option, you can pay 39.99 and have it on one console or you can pay 49.99 for a few additional licenses, so you could get it for PS/Xbox and PC for just a little more

Sony are kind of forcing this through on PS4/Vita with any game that doesn't use the camera needing to be playable on PS Vita using remote play and there eventual plans to have playstation games available on tablets and smartphones
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is Journey coming to ps4?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    is Journey coming to ps4?

Rumoured, but not confirmed.