Forum Member
    ✭✭
    driftopia....

drift.

Can't they just bring out an updated RR Type 4 for PC? :(
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already got beta key. Tried it out alittle, it's like NFS: World but with a little more features added on. It looks pretty decent.
  • dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will be waitng for the ps3 version of this graphics will not be as good but my current pc does not have good specs for games
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    It's Riiiiiiidge racer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have a list of Steam achievements or Playstation trophies for this game? I believe, but am not sure that they're the same.

Been playing this on PC and have unlocked 5/20 so far. It's going to annoy me if I'm stuck on 25% completion forever as I've just gotten into achievement/trophy hunting. Don't think I want to pay for the priveledge of crashing my car when it comes out of beta so would like to knock a few more achievements off before it does.

When I click on unlocked achievements on Steam it doesn't do anything so I can't find out what I'm aiming to do. There's no game forum on Steam either to ask any other players, it just takes you to the store when clicking on it.

Maybe someone has a list, or maybe on PS3 you're actually told what the trophies are?

Cheers if anyone can help out. :)
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,391
    Forum Member
    I've been playing the PS3 beta & I think its awful.

The handling is terrible, Physics are poor, The cars & handling model feel heavy so the drifting feels bad & the overall gameplay, driving & racing in general is boring.

You can drive through some walls yet can't others & if you happen to hit a wall you can't drive through (Not always obvious what can/cannot be driven through) your car immediately burst's into flames & your out the race (Yet hitting a jump wrong & doing 6 rolls, been hit by 3 other cars side-on results in no damage).

I hated the last one (Ridge Racer Unbounded) & this feels just as bad, If not worse in every area.

Used to love the ridge racer series & own all the previous titles (Except handheld) but Unbounded & Driftopia are just plain awful.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PS3 beta installs trophies :mad:

First beta I have seen with trophies. I would have played this on my other account had I known, now I am stuck with the syncing glitch because the trophies aren't on Sonys servers yet.
  • BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've sort of lost faith with the Ridge racer series. Let's face it, even RR4 (which I still love to bits) was pretty repetitive and it become nothing more than an exercise in muscle memory after a certain point. But later games have been nothing more than a desperate attempt at keeping the series relevant in some way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    Achievements

Idk, i did think it was 'awards browser' but there is waayyy more than 20 there.
    I've been playing the PS3 beta & I think its awful.

The handling is terrible, Physics are poor, The cars & handling model feel heavy so the drifting feels bad & the overall gameplay, driving & racing in general is boring.

You can drive through some walls yet can't others & if you happen to hit a wall you can't drive through (Not always obvious what can/cannot be driven through) your car immediately burst's into flames & your out the race (Yet hitting a jump wrong & doing 6 rolls, been hit by 3 other cars side-on results in no damage).

I hated the last one (Ridge Racer Unbounded) & this feels just as bad, If not worse in every area.

Used to love the ridge racer series & own all the previous titles (Except handheld) but Unbounded & Driftopia are just plain awful.

Yep. Amusingly if you smash into traffic head on nothing happens, but hit a wall and it's game over. This game is basically RRU F2P, so if you didn't like RRU you won't like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i downloaded the beta played 1 race and deleted it. it's not what i was expecting
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,391
    Forum Member
    I played a bit more of the Beta last night & I think the main issue with this game (And Unbounded) is that its taken elements from other games & ended up doing none of them that well.

Its taken the takedowns from Burnout & called them 'frags' & doesn't do them that well (Have to bosst into the back of an opponent to frag them).
    You can drive through parts of the scenery a bit like in the Xbox360 launch title 'Full Auto' & more recently Motorstorm apocalypse yet its not as fun & what you can/can't drive through isn't always obvious.
    The drifting to gain boost is like in NFS & Burnout yet the drifting physics feel weighted & quite boring to do & the boosting doesn't really add much because of how short a time you can actually boost.

Regarding the handling/physics, There so unintuitive. As I say above the drifting physics feel so heavy that it almost feels like you should drive normally without drifting, Yet if you try that you often just understeer straght into the scenery so you have to drift but because of how heavy the physics feel the drifting just feels wrong somehow.

Here's some gameplay from the beta:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra6UKSCJYGc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭