Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Len & Craig will be appearing on BBC Breakfast shortly to talk about the live tour
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On now.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,379
    Forum Member
    Yes on now , currently saying how good Louis is :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Breakfast clip with Len and Craig

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014h303
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa's got 60/60 in her home town tonight so it looks like they're pushing her to win. :rolleyes:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Lisa's got 60/60 in her home town tonight so it looks like they're pushing her to win. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for Michael in Sheffield. At the end of the day, does it really matter what the scores are?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for Michael in Sheffield. At the end of the day, does it really matter what the scores are?

After seeing Michael's Samba I DARE them to justify giving it a ten, unless he makes a miraculous improvement. :p
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    colliefan wrote: »
    BBC Breakfast clip with Len and Craig

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014h303

Casual plug of Strictly Confidential from Craig there ;)
    Forum Member
    Lisa won tonight, so am I right in saying that Louis has won all of the shows bar two/three or so? (not sure how many Denise won)
    Forum Member
    Well, it's nice to see some variety I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they could all win one, but the reality is that it just isn't going to happen.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member

Did they have a small sherry in the water perhaps- she is not a maximum marks standard
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member

Doing this makes the show loose what little credibility it may have. Why give her 60/60 just because she's in her home town. Are they going to keep giving her a perfect score at other venues when she hasn't even been in the top 3 since the tour started?

They should use a different format for the tour show anyway but that would involve getting rid of the judges so keeping it the same as the series is the only way the judges still get noticed and paid. It would have been nice if they had just let one of the PRO's that choreographs produce the tour. It would have made for fresh new dances and a different format. After all, the PROs are the professional dancers that have some idea of what the celebrities would be capable of doing and many of them have more worldly experience in performing in entertainment shows. Might have seen better dance routines too.
    Forum Member
    idetached wrote: »
    when she hasn't even been in the top 3 since the tour started?

...err, yes. She has. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you know that StigOfTheKrump? Serious question. I just thought the winner and runner-up were announced and the others were no particular order :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of the leaderboard?

Edit: Also, I was surprised at (this is difficult to word) how the audience in Liverpool, while obviously clapping, were far more behind other couples on the night. I'd expected Lisa to be very popular on the tour, with all the 'people's champion malarkey'.

Maybe it was just a case of being first on the nights though, with the crowd not warmed up yet.
    Forum Member
    colliefan wrote: »
    How do you know that StigOfTheKrump? Serious question. I just thought the winner and runner-up were announced and the others were no particular order :confused:

She must have been in the top three if she won... :o
    Of the leaderboard?.

I think she's been in around fourth place on most leaderboards. Similar scores to Fern. :)
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going on Tuesday. Expecting a Louis win but I'll throw a vote to Denise and Dani, me-thinks :)

I know it's only a tour etc, but give Lisa a 60 because she's in her home town? :confused:
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I know it's only a tour etc, but give Lisa a 60 because she's in her home town? :confused:

Well... it wouldn't be for her dancing, would it? :p

I think they know that Lisa is pretty popular with the audience in Manchester, and it might not go down well if they give her all twos. Tens are slightly over-generous for a hometown score, though.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well... it wouldn't be for her dancing, would it? :p

I think they know that Lisa is pretty popular with the audience in Manchester, and it might not go down well if they give her all twos. Tens are slightly over-generous for a hometown score, though.

I know! :p

Do they do it like on the show - combined with judges' and public? I have a feeling they do - but they probably should have just given her eights or something, then spoil her with a couple tens at the end. :D
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I know! :p

Do they do it like on the show - combined with judges' and public? I have a feeling they do - but they probably should have just given her eights or something, then spoil her with a couple tens at the end. :D

I understand its ONLY the audience... but who knows... (they could just as easily change the rules (like they did one year)).
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I think its more interesting to know if once London swings round will the same CCC or Foxtrot, danced in the same way be back to 8s and a 9 tomorrow or not.:rolleyes:

How can something like Lisa's foxtrot be worth 3 10s when Louis lovely fusion not be worth the same or even Dani's fusion or tango which definitely are superior dances? :confused:
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I understand its ONLY the audience... but who knows... (they could just as easily change the rules (like they did one year)).

I think they combined the judges' scores and audience vote without telling anybody one year, then changed it back shortly after.

I doubt they're doing that now, though, as I think Lisa is popular enough in Manchester.
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I think its more interesting to know if once London swings round will the same CCC or Foxtrot, danced in the same way be back to 8s and a 9 tomorrow or not.:rolleyes:

Almost certainly.

And I can guarantee that Michael's AS will get three tens come Sheffield (his Samba... hmm... perhaps not. :p)
  • boxermadsamboxermadsam Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Lisa won tonight, so am I right in saying that Louis has won all of the shows bar two/three or so? (not sure how many Denise won)

I had family at last nights Manchester show, yes Lisa won and it was mainly down to the other celebrities begging for votes for her. During their interviews with Kate Thornton, when she was saying ''if you want Louis [eg] to win text his name to . . . '' and giving the text number the celebrities were interupting and telling everyone to vote Lisa.

She did get a good reception from the Manchester crowd but Louis got a better one, the best of the night by far, even when he nearly dropped Ola in the Dirty Dancing lift LOL

They had a great night anyway, have decided to go again next year but to save up for front row tickets.