Got To Dance Series 4

Comments

• MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    How can Lukas the Canadian not win this year?! Surely the best solo dancer ever on the show
    Forum Member
    Prodijig - still great!!
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - well done to the both of them!! I only guessed Lucas!
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    Wow - well done to the both of them!! I only guessed Lucas!
    Lukas was a cert and will probably win the show. Tom was a surprise but I can imagine kids in particular loving him. How popular is he going to be at school after that?!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    What happened to Prodijig? If its not broke don't fix it
    All that amateur dramatics and swaying was just boring, by the time they actually decided to do some tapping, the performance was over
  • nokes22nokes22 Posts: 1,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt that the judges were very patronising towards Dance For Joy - they were ok but nothing spectacular. It's interesting how peoples attitude towards disability is still seen as a way to infantilize adults with additional needs. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lukas and Notorious were the winners for me. I thought Tom had some good moves and is undoubtedly a raw talent, but his routine as a whole just didn't do anything for me.

I was a bit surprised that Molly and Vitally didn't do better. I'm not sure what it was about their routine that meant it didn't have the impact that their audition did as technically they were great. They did seem to get a bit lost amongst the garish background at times though, so that probably didn't help matters.

I personally don't think Dance For Joy should have been on the show. They are inspiring and I have a great deal of respect for what they have to overcome to reach the level they are at, but this is supposed to be a show to find the best dance act, and based on that criteria they are not good enough.

Good to see Prodijig again - would love to see their show.

And one final thought - I never thought I'd see the day when a hairstyle that makes it look like your are wearing nothing but a toupee on your head, would be considered cool! :eek:;)
  • alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I was lucky enough to be in the audience yesterday and Lukas was easily the best, the standing ovation started from about half way through his performance, he was stunning. After him it was very hard to chose between Tom and Notorious, I think it could have gone either way and I would have felt disappointed for either of them to miss out. Most disappointing was Collective Ent, I loved their audition and was looking forward to seeing them live but it was really flat.

I enjoyed Dance for Joy and it is amazing to see them really push their boundaries but I do agree they shouldn't have gone through past this stage.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I would far prefer to watch Dabce for Joy than another same old same street dance troupe that all look the same .
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Been a while since I've been here. Still watching, days later most of the time, just not posting much. Recorded and just watching the first live show now.
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching. Tom and Lukas! The latter didn't surprise me. Like someone already said, he'll probably win anyway and rightly so. Tom, I thought was alright actually so, not too disappointed he went through.

Lovely to see Prodijig again. Good stuff.
  • manxcatmanxcat Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    What a brilliant performance tonight - incredible. He has to be in the final.............
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the first live and was very surprised that Notorious didn't get through although it was hard having Tom and Lukus in the same show.

It does show the talent that is around in Port Talbert though and the excellent training from TDM as they always produce good crews for Got To Dance - Notorious, Nu Sxool, Eruption, Ffres

I am hoping that Mini Moves get to the final as again they have the talent plus the experience of the show through Jay and Holly with The Box and Fear of The Unknown
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one watching this week?

Have to say Mini-moves and the first group (forgot their name - Notorious?) were great, and I guessed correctly who would go through too! The guy with the broom was boring after such a great dance - which was a shame in comparison to his audition.
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked right!! First time for everything. Really liked Mini-moves, loved their audition, and thought they were brilliant tonight. I thought this was the much tougher semi of the two.

Loved the Diversity performance. Hope they perform again in the final.
    Forum Member
    Momentum and Mini Moves. Great permformances!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight?
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    our friend is in Poison so we had to have it on, they did very well and hope they get into the final, Go Jane
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oops x2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to you lakes :)
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,403
    Forum Member
    I'm watching tonight. Some great acts but was inspired to vote for Hash Tap on their originality.

Ooh Kimberley's routine is HOT!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love how IND embraced Rory - just brought a lump to my throat! :cry:

Bad luck lakes:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    such a shame but she did great
    Forum Member
    The right two went through IMO.

Hard luck to Poison et al. though.
    Forum Member
    My word Akai has grown! Still a magnificent dancer though. So happy to know he's doing well and has good things in the pipeline. Hope he succeeds.

Re today's show: the right two went though IMO. I don't quite get Godson's type of dance but no matter, he should keep taking his shirt off. I get that! :o:D