Options

Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic for Ellie on getting Best British Female!

INYL/Burn performance was good aswell!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Really happy for Ellie, thoroughly deserved considering she was snubbed last year. I do think Burn should of won best video over 1D

Let's see:
    -1D had 1.7 million votes; Ellie had about 64k. Calvin had about 24k.
    -About 93% of all votes in this contest were for 1D. While the Brits themselves haven't acknowledged this, the British media may have a field day with their blow-out.
    -#BRITsOneDirection was the number one trending topic worldwide from the beginning of the show up until they won the award. No other hashtag made the worldwide trending list.
    -The Calvin and Ellie hashtags might have trended in the UK only. The John and Naughty Boy ones, I'm not so sure.
    -1D was getting votes from all over the world, especially the US. Hardly anyone outside the UK was voting for the other four nominees.
    -The Brits' decision to go global pretty much killed Ellie's chances of winning that award. Had the Brits stayed a UK-only event, Ellie, Calvin, John, and NB would've performed much better than they actually had, and 1D much worse, though they'd still win anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Pleased for Ellie :D British solo female was a Strong category but the year Ellie's had I don't think the others came close.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie pretty much ahd her name on it when the nominations were announced :p

As for the best video Burn was never going to win it 1D had their name all over that one :p
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Ellie for Best Female a fantastic year and hope that there's more great music to come.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am itching for new music but have a feeling it'll be a long time coming and am apprehensive as to her direction HD was good but no Halcyon or Lights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 singles in the top 40 and a top 5 album.

Not a bad weekend :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah only downside sales for Halcyon down by 20% :(. But other than that well on her way to triple platinum.

Also Explosions US charts #100 whether it will rise and mark a 4th Halcyon single for her who knows ).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First play of Ellie's new movie soundtrack song. Beating Heart on Radio 1 tonight between 7-9 PM. Song teaser http://instagram.com/p/kzMt5Qzffk/#

Looking forward to hearing in full :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beating Heart is on now!!

WOW ITS AMAZING!! :eek: :):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I missed it was it any good, have like her last two soundtrack single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Zane Lowes 'hottest record' last night. Really like this.

https://soundcloud.com/elliegouldingpl/ellie-goudling-beating-heart

'Hanging On', 'Dead In The Water' and 'My Blood' on the 'Divergent' film soundtrack too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing this is what the film soundtrack she mentioned has turned into....but thn again who knows :p

As for the song standard Ellie fare it's nice enough :).
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beating Heart is really good. Needs about 2 or 3 listens to love it though, but it's reaaaallly good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's okay none of her material has really wowed me since Halcyon so it was unlikely this was going to. Her new direction for me isn't a favourite but it is a necessary evil :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    814k copies of Halcyon/Days sold well on the way to her first 3x platinum :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Went to see Ellie at the 02 Arena last night. Wondered how she would do in an arena that size, but needn't have worried. Thought she was brilliant :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's great to hear Stu I've only seen her in a small show and she was excellent glad she transferred so well :)

Also the video for Beating Heart has been shot thing it's the next single, as bad as it sounds I just want this era over but it shows no signs of stopping Halcyon/Days #2 this week :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hopefully it wont signal the end of Ellie playing smaller venues.

The Halcyon Days juggernaut keeps rolling on. US/Canada tour next, then Australia/NZ, then UK/Euro festivals so no new music for a while, or any chance to hear her next musical direction. Can't see her straying too far from the currant sound anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it depends on the performance of album #3 it may signal the start of her being an arena star for a while.

As for the album nope it just keeps rolling I wish HD had been a stand alone an album of commercial and then back to her artistic progression on Halcyon, but alas I fear more of the same, and TBH it doesn't excite me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie's been linked to the X factor for a whole host of reasons to long to list just no absolutely not :p

And Halcyon (Days) sales total= 830K+
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's doing really well at the moment :D

I hope she doesn't go on the x factor and that there are only rumours because of her performance in the final last year :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is doing exceptionally well quite the turn around :).

And I know I hate that show it would do her no favours and coming from Louis I hope is a joke on his part :p
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched it in a while. She'd probably be a great judge but I doubt I'll watch it and I'd rather her be in the studio making new music/touring live :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether she would be good or not, she isn't the type of x factor artiist, she is very much her own artist and singer-songwriter. I don't know we'll see. As for new music she finishes touring stateside in May and I think will take a break so sometime in 2015.