Perfection V Tipping Point V The Chase V Pointless

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
which of the current wave of daytime quizzes do you prefer

I LOVE The Chase and I,m proud.of it being number one in the teatime ratings and long may it rule teatime

The Chase is the best ITV has had since Golden Balls IMO and love playing the game via the official Chase iPad app which is out now

Has Tipping Point done enough for a third run I will be absolutely thrilled if it has because I think it is brilliant last I heard it,s apparently beating the tired old Deal Or No Deal quite rightly too if that is true

I catch up with Pointless and Perfection on iPlayer

Is there any chance of Sandi Toksvig,s 1001 Things You Should Know returning to Channel Four or Nick Hanckock,s Breakaway transferring to BBC1

I liked both of those too

Comments

• Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that on yesterday' s (Tuesday) show The Chaser commented on the programme being watched by "3 million viewers". Since that show was recorded the audience is now up to 3.5-4m.

It's got everything right - tension, humour etc... etc... - and so long as ITV don't overkill it then it should do good numbers for them. Also despite BBC relaunching daytime and the Pointless figures being boosted by this, The Chase has held its ground.

Tippimg Point is just about achieving the same figures the 1st series did (c. 2m), and that's in an earlier slot! ITV should be pleased with that, and so should return.

Deal Or No Deal has been suffocated with over scheduling, and the novelty has worn off it anyway.

I always liked 15 to 1, and would love to see that returning!
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    retroguy wrote: »
    I LOVE The Chase and I,m proud.of it being number one in the teatime ratings and long may it rule teatime...I catch up with Pointless and Perfection on iPlayer
    Surely it makes more sense to watch Pointless live and record The Chase, then you can see it later and fast forward through the ad breaks?
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I LOVE The Chase and I,m proud.of it being number one in the teatime ratings and long may it rule teatime

The Chase is the best ITV has had since Golden Balls IMO and love playing the game via the official Chase iPad app which is out now

Has Tipping Point done enough for a third run I will be absolutely thrilled if it has because I think it is brilliant last I heard it,s apparently beating the tired old Deal Or No Deal quite rightly too if that is true

Is there any chance of Sandi Toksvig,s 1001 Things You Should Know returning to Channel Four or Nick Hanckock,s Breakaway transferring to BBC1

I thought The Chase replaced Golden Balls, so in that case it obviously is the best since!! But Golden Balls can in no way be described as a quiz. I do like Perfection, especially once the money has built up and someone comes down to change (or not) the answers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1001 things you should know and beat the clock are rubbish C4 need to do better.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Tipping Point was villified when it first aired yet seems to be holding up

I think Splash will be the same in terms of lots of ridicule but they pull the viewers in
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    bargepole wrote: »
    Surely it makes more sense to watch Pointless live and record The Chase, then you can see it later and fast forward through the ad breaks?

I'd rather do the oppossite because Pointless has too much chit chat taking up the time, at least with the chase adverts are at a set point.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I'd rather do the oppossite because Pointless has too much chit chat taking up the time, at least with the chase adverts are at a set point.

Or record both, and watch The Chase about 10 minutes behind so you can still fast forward through the ads and end up in real time. Pointless is then for after dinner. :) There is usually nothing much on until 9 o'clock, so that fits in nicely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase by a mile! Can't comment on Perfection as I have never seen it...as for Tipping Point, how it got a second series I will never know...why not just do a show based around the hooking ducks which earn you a question and a shot at a prize the more you get right?
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why are you proud? did you come up with idea of it? :D
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was looking for a thread on perfection, and couldn't find one. shows how poor it is.

it's horrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Chase and Tipping POint but I would also like to see Divided return, perhaps though with a different host as Andrew Castle does not have a lot of personality. I loved the arguement at the end and guessing who was going to give in first.

I know a lot of people didn't like this as it thrived on people's greed but Golden Balls was worse and survived for a lot longer.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    Tipping Point only got a second series because it was hitting 2m in the first series. And it is beating DOND by almost a million currently.
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was looking for a thread on perfection, and couldn't find one. shows how poor it is.

it's horrible.
    There is one but it has a measly 10 posts.

Nick Knowles is a charisma free zone so I don't make any special effort to watch this.
  • hallchallc Posts: 199,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chase for me,, good game and smashing host...
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't used to bother with The Chase and always watched Pointless. I tried to watch it if I could.

But for some reason I just got bored with Pointless, didn't bother with any of them for a while, and now I found myself watching The Chase and enjoy it a lot more.

Tipping Point I find myself addicted to it if I start watching an episode because I can't help wondering how the chips are going to fall.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    The Chase for me absolutely, it's a must watch for me
  • MarkG6RMarkG6R Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    For me it is

1. Pointless
    2. The Chase

then a long gap to

=3 Tipping Point and Perfection, neither of which I watch anymore.

It is a pity Pointless and The Chase clash, it costs both of them significant viewing figures.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chase ...way ahead
    Perfection..not bad.
    Pointless..mmmmm jury out
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Pointless at the start, but it has become too dumbed down. I only watch The Chase now. That seems to have gotten harder.
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase

Tipping Point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I wish the contestants on Tipping Point would be quiet. Sometimes they can be really annoying. But I love Ben Shepherd as a host. He is so natural and polite.
  • piimapoikapiimapoika Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Tipping Point is a lot better than I thought it would be. The main trouble with it is that the last section has no excitement. You know that the person getting to the end will go home with at least the money he has won so far. In the Chase the players can build up a huge pot and still lose the lot in the last round, sometimes by a second or two. Perhaps Tipping Point would be improved if the last player had to get the star coin over the edge as a condition of taking home his winnings.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tipping Point is spoiled for me,by having
    a presenter with the charisma of a house
    brick. Little Ben may be a lovely bloke etc
    but he has not got the personality to carry
    such a lightweight 'quiz'.
    The Chase is a show I like,and Bradley Walsh
    is what I consider the right sort to 'chair' a show
    of its type. Pity about the ads though (I live in a
    permanent ad-free zone.I either change channel
    or kill the sound and read for the duration!)
    Pointless has had all manner of comments about
    being dumbed down,or folk don't like Alexander
    etc.I like it. The banter between him and Richard
    is what makes the show what it is (for me) yet I
    know from the threads,that many hate that aspect
    of the show!
    Perfection is a good little afternoon quiz,that could
    only improve,given a decent presenter!
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piimapoika wrote: »
    Tipping Point is a lot better than I thought it would be. The main trouble with it is that the last section has no excitement. You know that the person getting to the end will go home with at least the money he has won so far. In the Chase the players can build up a huge pot and still lose the lot in the last round, sometimes by a second or two. Perhaps Tipping Point would be improved if the last player had to get the star coin over the edge as a condition of taking home his winnings.

On Tipping point, last week someone did choose to gamble and lost the money she'd won, she was aloud to take home the wine she'd won though :)
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chase for me - and I'd love to have Anne Hegerty as a dinner guest!

Pointless is just a waste of time - Wooden Armstrong needs some new lines

Tipping Point - fills a gap - and would be better on at 8am instead of Lorraine Kelly

Perfection? Boring, slow, waste of time.