Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga has almost all of October and November off, as of now.

This might change when she announced the Latin America tour dates though.
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga has almost all of October and November off, as of now.

This might change when she announced the Latin America tour dates though.

I think she is giving herself some periods of rest because of how she majorly burnt out during The Monster Ball.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know how it is planned, so we cannot really call them out for announcing the title now. We knew she was releasing a new album, now we have a title for it, that's all.

I am responding to the points Josh and toanythingtaboo have made.

She is rumoured to be announcing US tour dates for the spring. I can't see how she will be able to promote a new album while still being on tour with the previous one.

Seems too rushed and too crammed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am responding to the points Josh and toanythingtaboo have made.

She is rumoured to be announcing US tour dates for the spring. I can't see how she will be able to promote a new album while still being on tour with the previous one.

Seems too rushed and too crammed.

I think she does have time off, so as she has breaks in her tour, she will be doing promo work. I suspect she will be sampling some new work soon at her dates.

It does feel a bit rushed, I agree. I wouldn't have minded the new album to be released late next year, to give her something of a cooling period if nothing else.

I don't really want to comment until we see how it fully unravels with publicity and tour dates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Personally, i don't think she will announce those tour dates. The BTW era has been going for almost 2 years now and she will probably think about the new album which should out early next year.

Also in another thread regarding this topic, Someone said "The Art Of Pop" would made a better title for the album and i feel the same way about that as well. ARTPOP doesn't really sit well with me as a title
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tryon wrote: »
    Personally, i don't think she will announce those tour dates. The BTW era has been going for almost 2 years now and she will probably think about the new album which should out early next year.

Also in another thread regarding this topic, Someone said "The Art Of Pop" would made a better title for the album and i feel the same way about that as well. ARTPOP doesn't really sit well with me as a title

I don't mind it, but it really doesn't feel like an album title at all. Maybe a single, but it just doesn't feel big enough to be an album title. Although I believe the Colour and Font of an album title is important, so we'll see.

On a slightly different point, does anyone else not really like the font of "Born this Way". Go and look if you have a copy and it just looks very...not Born this Way (if that makes sense.)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she does have time off, so as she has breaks in her tour, she will be doing promo work. I suspect she will be sampling some new work soon at her dates.

It does feel a bit rushed, I agree. I wouldn't have minded the new album to be released late next year, to give her something of a cooling period if nothing else.

I don't really want to comment until we see how it fully unravels with publicity and tour dates.

My opinion is that she should have waited until 2014.

I didn't have an issue with this title either. I don't think it will mean anything near as deep as people are expecting though. I can also see why Warhol fans aren't pleased with her doing this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the standard edition? The tacky metallic thing? Yeah. Well the whole Gagacycle is awful.
    I don't mind it, but it really doesn't feel like an album title at all. Maybe a single, but it just doesn't feel big enough to be an album title. Although I believe the Colour and Font of an album title is important, so we'll see.

On a slightly different point, does anyone else not really like the font of "Born this Way". Go and look if you have a copy and it just looks very...not Born this Way (if that makes sense.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the standard edition? The tacky metallic thing? Yeah. Well the whole Gagacycle is awful.

Yeah, this one:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1nB3CaUVATw/Tb3Jgy_d5KI/AAAAAAAACdc/ky-fGNKEKMo/s1600/Born%2BThis%2BWay%2B%2528Official%2BAlbum%2BCover%2529%2BSuper%2BHQ.png

I just think it was a bad idea using that cover.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hate it still. Worst part is that the deluxe edition still had that thing on the back cover. :(

And it's horrific that she replicates the Gagacycle on tour. *vomit smilie*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it still. Worst part is that the deluxe edition still had that thing on the back cover. :(

And it's horrific that she replicates the Gagacycle on tour. *vomit smilie*

I have both albums and I genuinely hate seeing that cover on my shelf :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have both albums and I genuinely hate seeing that cover on my shelf :o

If I had the nerve I would buy the CD single of Born This Way and replace the cover. :o:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loathe the title ARTPOP.

Same here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had the nerve I would buy the CD single of Born This Way and replace the cover. :o:p

It really is bad. What does it represent? That's one thing I never looked into.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really is bad. What does it represent? That's one thing I never looked into.

I have no idea. I just thought it was one of those things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Gagacycle is about being endlessly transformative and living halfway between fantasy and reality. I also think the image connotes Gaga as being the vehicle of the message etc.

I'd wager it was ultimately her rock n roll version of Bowie's Diamond Dogs album cover, though.

I don't like it visually, but I do think it's kind of awesomely awful. So kitsch and 80's metal. I bloody loved the rest of her artwork images though.
    But Gaga is in the middle of a world tour. How can she be expected to promote a new album/single bang in the middle of that? plus how does a new album release in the middle of a tour effect that tour? its alright chatting in a private chatroom to ''monsters'' but its the general public she needs to be appealing to.

It seems to me they are rushing this out for some reason and after the balls up they made with Born This Way I expected them to have learned their lession. It doesn't appear to be the case.

She has October/November off, and I dare say there's been a lot of prepping during her July/August break.

The tour is wrapping up at the end of March, just before the album is released.

It's not really raising any red flags, for me. Yet.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Gaga is in the middle of a world tour. How can she be expected to promote a new album/single bang in the middle of that? plus how does a new album release in the middle of a tour effect that tour? its alright chatting in a private chatroom to ''monsters'' but its the general public she needs to be appealing to.

It seems to me they are rushing this out for some reason and after the balls up they made with Born This Way I expected them to have learned their lession. It doesn't appear to be the case.

She can promo the album still. The BTW ball ends in December with a chance of being continued next year. She may change the tracklisting and add the new songs from the album to the set list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    She needs to do something similar to 'The Fame' or it will be a disaster. 'BTW' was a complete flop compared to 'The Fame'
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Isn't ARTPOP technically her third album? Not her fourth? I thought The Fame Monster was an EP/mini album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to do something similar to 'The Fame' or it will be a disaster. 'BTW' was a complete flop compared to 'The Fame'

If she does something similar to The Fame, it will be endless "She should be trying something new" and "She should be reinventing herself, like Madonna." It's hard to win in some cases. It just needs to be fresh and fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brettriot wrote: »
    Isn't ARTPOP technically her third album? Not her fourth? I thought The Fame Monster was an EP/mini album.

You see, some countries got it as an album and others, like the UK, got it included with The Fame, so it depends. I personally class TFM as it's own album, because it has it's own identity, in a sense.
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    You see, some countries got it as an album and others, like the UK, got it included with The Fame, so it depends. I personally class TFM as it's own album, because it has it's own identity, in a sense.

Oh right, I see. I personally like to think of it as an EP. But yeah, each to their own I guess haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually liked the gagacycle approach...reminded me of Terminator in some ways was very 80s as Taboo said which i think was the point of it too.

glad i went for deluxe though, although it was just an upclose of her face but nevermind...

hopefully its not spray paint cover though...as you guys have mentioned...Britney has done it in HIAM, Nicki has recently done it...will be a bit trend following haha....but i doubt it of course as warhol aint about that....unless it is a "death" in paint :O
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I doubt she'd be as "obvious" with the imagery as going anywhere near pop art cliches.

I'm expecting Klein for the artwork.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she'd be as "obvious" with the imagery as going anywhere near pop art cliches.

I'm expecting Klein for the artwork.

if she can do her own really iconic pose for him like his work with Madonna (just sublime artwork for the Confessions era!) he can do epic stuff with gaga tbh...he did Alejandro video with her too didnt he? as well as the current ads too for Fame!

Will link together nicely i reckon.