If there was another Dark Knight installment,who would you cast as The Riddler or...

rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
Forum Member
✭✭
the Penguin.

I watched the Dark Knight Rises and thought what prevalent actors of today would make good Batman villains. I thought Ben Stiller would be good as The Riddler.

What other actors would make good villains such as Poison Ivy, the Ventriloquist etc..?

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scarlett Johansson would be good for Posion Ivy.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Fassbender as the Riddler?
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Fassbender as the Riddler?

Ooh that's a really good choice actually.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Riddler? James Woods.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    The Riddler? Guy Pearce.

The Penguin? Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Scarlett Johansson would be good for Posion Ivy.

That is really good choice as she has that quite deep husky voice, which is also seductive.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Amanda Seyfried could pull of Harley Quinn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Crispin Glover would be a perfect Riddler.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Jennifer Lawrence as Harley Quinn, Jesse Eisenberg as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as OC Copplepot (i.e The Penguin, but as a mobster).
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Eventually, of course, they'll be looking for a new Joker.

Now that we have Ben Affleck as Batman, I think his own brother Casey Affleck would make an interesting adversary. His precise, unhinged turn in The Killer Inside Me was the best thing about it.

Affleck vs. Affleck. Jump to it, Hollywood.
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Tudyk as The Ridldler. Philip Seymor Hoffman as The Penguin.

If she hadn't passed away Brittany Murphy would hqve been perfect for Harley Quinn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KnowAll27 wrote: »

If she hadn't passed away Brittany Murphy would hqve been perfect for Harley Quinn.

Yes, she had those sly, seductive and devious eyes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interresting discussion, The Riddler has always been a rediculously campy enemy, how to make it modern and edgy?

A much older, more verbose and darker Riddler might work, maybe Patrick Stewart, Ben Kingsley (too late now though, thanks Whedon), Gary Oldman maybe?
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Riddler - Benedict Cumberbatch

The Penguin - Michael Chiklis, I would have said De Niro but I think he would be to old.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harley Quinn would be great because they can then wrap up the story of the Joker. So in a realistic Dark Knight setting it works.

I also like the idea of Jennifer Lawrence playing her. So rather than being his ex lover she could be his daughter. But then I suppose that's a bit too close to The Dark Knight Rises plot. ;)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Interresting discussion, The Riddler has always been a rediculously campy enemy, how to make it modern and edgy?

A much older, more verbose and darker Riddler might work, maybe Patrick Stewart, Ben Kingsley (too late now though, thanks Whedon), Gary Oldman maybe?

You mean Commissioner Gordon. That would be a curious transformation.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KnowAll27 wrote: »

Good one there. She would of been ace. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisToria wrote: »
    Crispin Glover would be a perfect Riddler.

Inspired!
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »

I don't understand this bit - why is it too late now, and what does (Joss, I presume) Whedon have to do with it?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wouldn't ..... as i would have MANBAT, harley and THE JOKER ..... in FIRST PERSON PERSPECTIVE!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »

The Penguin - Michael Chiklis, I would have said De Niro but I think he would be to old.

Michael Chiklis would be great as Professor Strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Sam Rockwell as the Riddler, and John C. Reilly as Penguin in my version. I think Michael Sheen would be a brilliant Joker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »

That did cross my mind, but I thought maybe his accent and his presence is not squirmy enough? He definitely has the intelligence but I think he may of the aura of playing a cold hearted villain rather than an extrovert.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Steve Buscemi as The Riddler.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    the Penguin.

I watched the Dark Knight Rises and thought what prevalent actors of today would make good Batman villains. I thought Ben Stiller would be good as The Riddler.

What other actors would make good villains such as Poison Ivy, the Ventriloquist etc..?

Forget the others , they need to get a much younger Batman . He looked like Batman's uncle to me ..... and the CatWoman actress wasn't convincing either . She'd make a good librarian , though .