Rebecca Ferguson's "Heaven" certified Platinum

Comments

• Options
    manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River Man wrote: »
    95902 to be exact.

Does does mean her total sales so far are about 223,000? :)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Nearly a quarter of a million album sales in two weeks is fantastic. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manderley wrote: »

Sorry I meant to say, "does this mean her sales so far are about 223,000?" :o

Can anyone confirm if that is correct? :confused:
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manderley wrote: »

224,360 in two weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    224,360 in two weeks.

Thanks for the info. That's brilliant. :)
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just listened to the album today and is great BUT IMO it is her voice that makes the album not the songs. She really needs a back to black type song.Strangely enough I listened to her album right after Amy's new one and she really stands up well against Amy's amazing voice

But well done on the sales that is fantastic and I really thought she would have suffered from x factor overload been the last one to release from last year.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album down to #8 on midweeks. Sales may get a boost though since it's the last week of shopping before Christmas!
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Album down to #8 on midweeks. Sales may get a boost though since it's the last week of shopping before Christmas!

Yes, this will a stocking filler!

She's doing great so far :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this will a stocking filler!

She's doing great so far :)

Yes so far, so good. :)

She is at number 6 on ITunes and the single is at number 29. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to cause any stir, but compare Rebecca's two week sales with:

Cher Lloyd Sticks and Stones 152,080
    Joe Mcelderry Classic Christmas 87,200
    Matt Cardle Letters 195,235
    One Direction Up All Night 369400
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    If it sold just shy of 225,000 in two weeks then chances are that shipments - which certifications are based on - were def over 300,000. She'll soar past that mark in sales by the end of this week.

So yep, the album took 11 days to go platinum. Huge congrats to her!!
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

well, she has done well in comparison. i really am please for her, she deserves it.:)
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not to cause any stir, but her album was released in the xmas period the others weren't :D (although not sure about Joe's as it has xmas in the title)

But there is no denying she has fantastic sales xmas or not for a new artist and it proves that you can go away for a year and come back and release and still be a success
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done Rebecca. Interested to know where you got these recents sales figures from? Have you a link? Cheers:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Haven and UKMix fora - http://havenforum.co.uk and http://ukmix.org/forums, check the Charts sections.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Haven and UKMix fora - http://havenforum.co.uk and http://ukmix.org/forums, check the Charts sections.

Thanks Hermanazo. :)
  • Options
    charmingbillycharmingbilly Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going platinum in eleven days is a great achievement for anyone.

I'm delighted for her but not surprised. Heaven is one of the best albums of the year and the best from an XF contestant in several years. Rebecca has already transcended the reality show connection and she will be around for a long while.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    I do think that comparing sales of October to December releases isn't meaningful, because of the Christmas shopping boost as overall album sales have more than doubled since October.

Most albums (except total flops) benefit from it, as for example Letters was selling around 11k at #12 in early Novemner, and 16k at #39 now. The problem is that the increase is roughly proportional to the sales level, so the raw gain is only around 10k at the bottom end of the top 40.

That said, I think that Rebecca is doing very well, but mostly because her sales haven't dropped nearly as much as other X Factor albums from week one to week two, even adjusted for the seasonal increase. And it is still at #8 in this week mids, so its sales are probably still faily steady, which is good for a third week. And it contributes to her raking in Christmas sales.

Also her single is still in the top 30 which is quite good considering that it has little airplay.

But still, it doesn't make the straight comparison between Matt/Cher's and 1D/Rebecca's sales any more meaningful...
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping she would be the most successful from 2010's show, but only being second to the heavily pimped boyband is very impressive. I hardly heard anything about Rebecca before she released her single, hell, I didn't even know she had one out until I saw a thread on here. In contrast, 1D were literally everywhere. It's a great album and I'm glad to see her do well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that it is way too early to declare anyone the most successful of 2010. Rebecca has had only two weeks sales!

We'll have to see who has a bit of staying power in the new year, when the Christmas buzz and the X Factor hype fade away and they have to rely on singles for promotion. Even 1D are not exempt, they are as reliant as anyone else on good material, as shown by the difference in their singles success.
  • Options
    RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    I was really hoping she would be the most successful from 2010's show, but only being second to the heavily pimped boyband is very impressive.

Don't forget though that the 'heavily pimped boyband' released their album many weeks before. Wait a couple of months and then compare sales. I think she will easily be the most successful of last year's lot and very possibly the most successful of them all. I could be wrong. We'll see. Her success so far has been extraordinary and it should be noted that the Christmas sales boost factor was rarely mentioned weeks ago when one or two people on this forum actually predicted that she'd struggle to chart. The same people are now saying: "ah yes, well, the Christmas sales factor blah, blah" but they knew the release date when they predicted disasterous sales figuires. Strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't forget though that the 'heavily pimped boyband' released their album many weeks before. Wait a couple of months and then compare sales. I think she will easily be the most successful of last year's lot and very possibly the most successful of them all. I could be wrong. We'll see. Her success so far has been extraordinary and it should be noted that the Christmas sales boost factor was rarely mentioned weeks ago when one or two people on this forum actually predicted that she'd struggle to chart. The same people are now saying: "ah yes, well, the Christmas sales factor blah, blah" but they knew the release date when they predicted disasterous sales figuires. Strange.

I never said that she would struggle to chart, and I was one of the few to predict first week sales of over 100k ..partly because of the Chritmas buzz...

But, if she does not benefit from the Christmas boost (and she would be a big exception at this time of the year), her sales won't be affected by the January gloom either... So we'll see :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already bought the album but still check in various stores as to how it's doing.

I checked in Asda this morning and they had sold out, there were still some available in HMV, but not that many.

The album has moved back up to number 6 on ITunes after dropping yesterday. The single is at number 30 on ITunes. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album still at #8 on midweeks. No sales leaked so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/albums
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently album went up to #7 on today's midweeks and has a good chance to sell over 100K!