wilehelmas wrote: »
    Oh, this vile sounding creature again.

He really is a legend in his own lunchbox isn't he. :mad:

:D .
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

EDIT: I see you've edited this bit. Thought the original comment, above, was funnier.

Sorry, you have the full monty now, above.

Promise I won't change it again, but there's so much love I have for Anthony Cotton. ;)
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not my experience but a friend at work bumped into the lady that plays Lisa Dingle whilst out in West Yorkshire and said she couldn't have been nicer to people. Very friendly and down to earth but 'very well spoken'. She didn't sound like her character on screen.
  • CoolCatFlashCoolCatFlash Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I really feel all us DSers should have a whip around and buy you an 'anti AC detector'. You seem to have had a bad run of luck in bumping into him. This device would mean you could walk the streets safely knowing you will not have to be within a 50 metre radius of this mean spirited individual! I'm sorry, I have a weird sense of humour.

Haha, such a device would be beneficial. It must be me, because my friends only seem to see him web they're with me. I must have an Antony Cotton magnet.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago when I lived and worked in London (22 years ago actually :eek:), a friend of mine got mugged at the tube station. A kind man made sure she was okay and arranged and paid for a taxi to take her home, she thought he looked familiar and it was only later that she realised he was........Boy George!

That's a nice story, always liked the guy, he's got his problems but always thought he was a decent chap
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Not my experience but a friend at work bumped into the lady that plays Lisa Dingle whilst out in West Yorkshire and said she couldn't have been nicer to people. Very friendly and down to earth but 'very well spoken'. She didn't sound like her character on screen.

She seems to have a Yorkshire accent in this interview. 0:17 onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVLOwzKPYGk
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I saw Jarvis Cocker in Waitrose. His wife (she's a French woman) was apallingly rude to staff and to me (she tried to shove in front of me in the queue whilst wearing a ghastly fur coat) and he just lumbered around behind her (in a blue jumpsuit, of all things). He also smells pretty bad (or at least he did on that day)
  • sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice:
    Mark Hudson (vocal coach x- factor with coloured beard)
    Chico
    Tabby
    Rowetta
    (on a theme here!)
    Paul Potts
    Luke Perry (90210)
    Yahoo Serious (Actor)
    Robert Downey Jnr
    Rowan Atkinson
    Simon Cowell
    Sharon Osbourne

And loads more that I can't remember for now!

Basically because they remember who they were before they were famous. And are just simply nice people.

Not nice:
    Steven Segal
    Ringo Starr
    Brian Ray (Guitarist with McCartney)
    Peter Frampton
    Earl Slick (Guitarist)

Basically ungracious, uncaring, and completely out of touch with non-celebs. I guess if you have always had people fawning over you for God knows how long and saying "yes" to everything you say and do - you lose your perception.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chico used to be a male stripper at hen parties and gay clubs. We have had him in various venues in the past.

He was always down to earth and polite then, so i'm glad he hasn't changed.

Still don't care for his "music" though! lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met The Wanted and The Saturdays at a gig in Hamilton last June. :p

After The Sats had performed (TW were supporting) my friend dragged me round the back of the stage and sprinted across a big park of grass to a carpark where The Wanted were getting into a mini-bus. I didn't like them at all and didn't even know who they were (this was before their first single came out) so I just stood at a tree a few feet away and played with my phone while my friend gushed over them. :p

Two of them (I later found out they were Nathan and Siva) went straight into the bus, two of them stood and posed for pictures and signed autographs and chatted away (Jay and Max) and the other one (Tom) ran over to me and said "awww I bet 'ee wants a picture but he's too shy to ask" in a really thick accent. :p I was MORTIFIED and was like "no, yer awryt haha" and he walked away saying "am onleh kiddin' matey anyways! :D". Safe to say I couldn't wait to get away haha. When I saw them on the TV with 'All Time Low' I was like "omfg I met them" haha.

We also met The Saturdays. We had to stand for ten minutes while they came out their tent and while they looked suprised to see fans waiting for them, they were extremely pleasant and Una tried to do a Scottish accent (which failed). My friend kept badgering Frankie to phone her boyfriend and leave a message for him, though, but I think Frankie pretended not to hear her.

Here's a picture I got of The Sats coming out of their tent....

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/35390_1500087910492_1483003968_1290578_7811144_n.jpg

I'm not posting the picture of me and The Sats since my acne looks horrible on it but they're on my FB if anyone wants to see. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Pete tong - lovely guy. he was djing in Ibiza and I wrote a text out in my phone saying how much I loved him etc (not the complete truth I must admit, I was just drunk and thought it was a good idea) I went upto the dj booth and showed him it and he invited me and my boyfriend upto the VIP part of the club. went to go, got knocked back by the bouncers - I can kinda see why 'Pete tong says we can come up!' so I went back over to him, wrote out another text saying we weren't allowed and he then came out and met us and took us up. we had a great night partying away in part of the club we'd never been in, or could afford tickets for.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first time I encountered him was about three years ago near Christmas. He was on Canal St with Lisa Reilly.
    That would be the same Lisa Reily who gave Frank Carson a blowjob at a charity do a few years ago?
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 25,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ What?????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a very unfair forum topic. How can you judge someone based purely on one incredibly brief meeting? We all have days when we'd tell even our most loved family or friends to sod off, so you can't expect celebrities to not feel the same.

Many of these stories lack any context. You don't know whether the chap who Tom Baker alledgedly told to f**k off was incredibly annoying and harassing him.

Let's not be so swift to judge people so quickly. Enjoy what they give us in the films and TV shows they appear in and stop expecting people to be a far better human being than you are 24/7
  • Sapphire SunSapphire Sun Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    CRM wrote: »
    That would be the same Lisa Reily who gave Frank Carson a blowjob at a charity do a few years ago?

Any chance there was a blow by blow written record.

Ran into Pixie Lott and Duffy recently, Pixie was shy and nice Duffy sounded like a rough welsh navvy when she spoke and lets just say make up is her saviour as she looks pretty plain and plooky without it, she does have a nice aura about her.

Jo Joyner is another hell of a rude bitch, mouthing of in a shop about some thing she bought and she is not that pretty in reality and again make up is her saviour and she has a lumpy fat arse.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I attended a chari-dee promotion with Lisa Reilly at many moons ago. Lovely girl.

Not the same one as Frank Carson wasn't there :p

You are joking, aren't you???
  • Logan TomLogan Tom Posts: 146
    Forum Member

Ran into Pixie Lott and Duffy recently, Pixie was shy and nice Duffy sounded like a rough welsh navvy when she spoke and lets just say make up is her saviour as she looks pretty plain and plooky without it, she does have a nice aura about her.

Jo Joyner is another hell of a rude bitch, mouthing of in a shop about some thing she bought and she is not that pretty in reality and again make up is her saviour and she has a lumpy fat arse.

How charming....:D
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You were there too? Revolting wasn't it. I'm all for splashing out for a good cause, but christ...
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This sounds like complete bitterness to me because of something she did.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sohoguy wrote: »
    This is a very unfair forum topic. How can you judge someone based purely on one incredibly brief meeting? We all have days when we'd tell even our most loved family or friends to sod off, so you can't expect celebrities to not feel the same.

Many of these stories lack any context. You don't know whether the chap who Tom Baker alledgedly told to f**k off was incredibly annoying and harassing him.

Let's not be so swift to judge people so quickly. Enjoy what they give us in the films and TV shows they appear in and stop expecting people to be a far better human being than you are 24/7

Whilst what you say is true, the public are, in effect, the customers of celebrities.

People who work in the service industry also have their off days and come across people they find annoying, but it would not be acceptable/appropriate for them to show customers a bad attitude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, one bad encounter isn't going to change my mind about a celebrity. Everyone is entitled to a bad day. If there is a pattern like A.Cotton, for example, then I would tend to believe that that celebrity isn't so nice to fans.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    This sounds like complete bitterness to me because of something she did.

Being rude to the sales assistant made me add lumpy to the fat ass comment, i hate divas or in her case z-list divvies.

Daniel Radcliffe is an arrogant ass who used the ' do you know who i am' cliche, Emma Watson was very friendly,pretty girl without the slap in reality.

Can i add i would be chuffed if Tom Baker told me to Fcuk Off.:D
  • Digi DanDigi Dan Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Cameron - friendly enough, straight to point but has one hell of an annoying PR / Press lady

Alexandra Burke - really nice and pleasant, lots of kisses

Rowetta - met her a couple of times, once working and once performing in a run down Blackpool pub - thought she was pretty friendly if not a bit shy the first time, then when she was performing she came across as a right stroppy bitch because no one was dancing, she cut her set short - think she was pissed again

Joe McElderry - pretty pleasant, don't think he was too keen on my colleague going in for a kiss after she had interviewed him

Frankmusik - sound, down to earth - gave free tickets to a concert

Stu Francis - real sound relaxed guy

Bob Carolgees - met him on Monday along with Spit the Dog, really down to earth and a decent friendly guy

Des O'Connor - really funny, friendly, stayed after a show at the stage door and signed hundreds of autographs and possed for any photos

Katie Price - was only over the telephone but came across really friendly even with techncial problems, answered anything you asked her and would do any liners you wanted her too

Thomas Law - really down to earth and easy on the eye

Sam Aston - cool little guy, comes across a bit shy and timid
    Forum Member
    Digi Dan wrote: »
    David Cameron - friendly enough, straight to point but has one hell of an annoying PR / Press lady

Alexandra Burke - really nice and pleasant, lots of kisses

Rowetta - met her a couple of times, once working and once performing in a run down Blackpool pub - thought she was pretty friendly if not a bit shy the first time, then when she was performing she came across as a right stroppy bitch because no one was dancing, she cut her set short - think she was pissed again

Joe McElderry - pretty pleasant, don't think he was too keen on my colleague going in for a kiss after she had interviewed him

Frankmusik - sound, down to earth - gave free tickets to a concert

Stu Francis - real sound relaxed guy

Bob Carolgees - met him on Monday along with Spit the Dog, really down to earth and a decent friendly guy

Des O'Connor - really funny, friendly, stayed after a show at the stage door and signed hundreds of autographs and possed for any photos

Katie Price - was only over the telephone but came across really friendly even with techncial problems, answered anything you asked her and would do any liners you wanted her too

Thomas Law - really down to earth and easy on the eye

Sam Aston - cool little guy, comes across a bit shy and timid

Concentrating on his music now and unlikely to grace EE with his skills again.
  • GameChangerGameChanger Posts: 342
    Forum Member

Well aren't you charming, calling people all names under the sun. Do you have a photo of yourself to show us seeing as you appear to be some kind of adonis? Thought not. :rolleyes: