How did you celebrate your 30th birthday?

Comments

• OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewExample wrote: »
    Exactly! 40's still young I think!

I've heard that when you hit 40, apparently the government sends you a 'Life begins at 40' health questionnaire... Very cheering :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    But are you not sad at the passing of youth... ?

Do I need to change my wardrobe, throw out the t-shirts & jeans, and buy some Farah instead? :o

Throw out your tee shirts and jeans? Have you looked at any older people recently?

I went on maternity leave for my 30th birthday. That was quite nice. :) I would recommend it to anyone.
  • TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is awfull when you get to 30 and time seems to go a lot faster from there! What ever you do pack in the nightclubs and youthfull things you did. I went to a nighclub and was dancing with this young woman about 23 and her mate said to me "you are old enough to be her dad" I was gutted!
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8 Years away yet .... :) thank god.... I'm expecting an awful lot of water to pass under the bridge in the mean time.... BRING IT ON :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    Sill have 12 years till I'm 30..... BLIMEY:eek:..... My days are numberd :cry:..

I can warn you that the 18-30 years will countdown fast :eek:
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I should also finally change my username as I was still a teenager when I first joined DS in 2001 but I don't think it's possible anymore :o

treat yourself to a calendar.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and the husband are going to Florida for ours, although we will actually be in Florida on his, mine is 5 weeks after we come home so I'm going to have a party for mine as my 30th is a Saturday, but will invite all his friends etc as well, and it'll be a kinda joint one.

Its not till next year though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look back over the last 20 years and think Jesus that was 20 years ago and then I think "I don't believe I will last another 20 years" Life is so short!
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But are you not sad at the passing of youth... ?

Do I need to change my wardrobe, throw out the t-shirts & jeans, and buy some Farah instead? :o

You think you're old..............I don't even know what Farah is...........:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't believe people who tell you life begins at 40, it doesn't it stops! It is quite a shock getting old, you suddenly seem invisible. When you are young you get looks especially form the opposite sex. THAT GOES! You start to lose touch with technology and words are being banded about that you do not have a clue what they mean.

Age is awful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many songs celebrating old age or even middle age...

# We are old... So set the world on fire...#

Not quite as catchy :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many songs celebrating old age or even middle age...

# We are old... So set the world on fire...#

Not quite as catchy :o

When I'm 64 ? Listen to that and you are ready to call it a day there and then :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I shall read the Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock...

I grow old... I grow old...
    I shall wear the bottoms of my (Farah) trousers rolled :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this thread. I am 30 next month and looking for ideas. X
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I met up with some friends for a lunch time pub crawl and don't remember the rest.
  • NorthcroftNorthcroft Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I got hammered, had a curry then humped a random bird behind a bus shelter in kings lynn
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see the point in someone buying themselves "presents" tbh, but if it makes you happy.

Turning 30 was a bit of a bummer. You are no longer a "young" man (or woman), strictly speaking. Then the years start going so quickly it's quite unsettling!

I was given a surprise birthday barbecue with lots of booze and a nice cake. It was a good night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see the point in someone buying themselves "presents" tbh, but if it makes you happy.

I don't think there's anything wrong with treating yourself.

However, I have a friend who buys herself expensive birthday and Christmas presents that she can't afford. Then she freaks out when the credit card bill arrives and she's skint for the next few months :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 30th is a couple of years away yet. I don't know what I will do. I feel awkward doing things for my birthday. I don't really like being the centre of attention.

I don't think 30 is remotely old though. I will still feel young when I'm 30!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Cuba :) Turning 30 was fab. I hated being 25 for some reason. That felt ancient to me lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Didn't see it as a milestone myself , but you won't be able to change your user name unless you get a new account, unless they have changed the rules again !
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,921
    Forum Member
    I was very pregnant so just went for a nice meal, no wine :(
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I'll let you know in September after it happens. :D

Probably I will go to the theatre in London, like I often do. It's something of a birthday tradition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Throw out your tee shirts and jeans? Have you looked at any older people recently?

I went on maternity leave for my 30th birthday. That was quite nice. :) I would recommend it to anyone.

That is nice! :)

I think if I had my biolgical clock to worry about when I turned 30 I wouldn't have handled it very well...
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30 is probably the most depressing age to turn!... The point were you were asses your life and think it's all too late for me now