and how can you delete them?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. RTFM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    i didnt understand that, what does RTFM mean and is that no I cant delete the tracks or no, other mp3 players dont have default tracks installed on them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for the overly terse answer. No, not all MP3 players have default tracks. As to how to delete them, you'll either have to say what MP3 player you have so that someone who knows it can help you, or maybe Read The Fine Manual. Many (but not all) players once connected to a PC with a cable will show up in Windows Explorer as an extra drive allowing you to find the offending tracks and delete them.
    Forum Member
    my mp3 is a sansa sandisk e250. when i connect the mp3 player to my PC is shows sansae250 removable disk and another removable drive(g) which it wont let me look in.
    In my sansa drive it shows a photo folder, recordings folder and video folder. No music folder.
  • njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    Perhaps your music directory is hidden. In Windows XP, go to Tools > Folder Options > View and select Show Hidden Files and now look for it. If the hidden directory now shows up, open it and then delete any tracks you don't want.

RTFM is a rather unhelpful abreviation which means Read The F**king Manual...
    Forum Member
    Thankyou so much, that worked but I still have 3 songs that have not deleted, any suggestions on how to get rid of these.
    any system files to delete etc?
  • dslrocksdslrocks Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    Try deleting them from the MP3 player's controls/menus?
    Forum Member
    there is no way to delete tracks from within the actual player.