The Mentalist season 6 (US Pace) *Spoilers*

asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
Forum Member
I have been reading up on what the new season will be like and i have to say i am really excited .

Spoilers for the new season
Agents Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti) and Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) are scheduled to make a midseason departure form the CBS show.

In the wake of their departure, two new FBI agents will arrive on the scene - Kim Fischer and Nick Abbott. TV Line claims Fischer is an intelligent 30-something former Dallas homicide detective while Abbott is a West Point graduate and war veteran with a short temper.

Comments

• boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I have been reading up on what the new season will be like and i have to say i am really excited .

Agents Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti) and Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) are scheduled to make a midseason departure form the CBS show.

In the wake of their departure, two new FBI agents will arrive on the scene - Kim Fischer and Nick Abbott. TV Line claims Fischer is an intelligent 30-something former Dallas homicide detective while Abbott is a West Point graduate and war veteran with a short temper.

boo hoo I'll miss them :cry:
    looks like they wanted more racial diversity (Rockmund Dunbar has been cast) + will a younger actress join the cast too?
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    boab34 wrote: »
    boo hoo I'll miss them :cry:
    looks like they wanted more racial diversity (Rockmund Dunbar has been cast) + will a younger actress join the cast too?

I saw that news last night . Also Red John is going to be unmasked before the end of the calendar year . So I guess the second part of the season will deal with Jane's future and what he will do next .
    Forum Member
    The new trailer is out for this season - enjoy

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/27/the-mentalist-season-6/
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new trailer is out for this season - enjoy

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/27/the-mentalist-season-6/

Can't wait! :D About what is revealed in the last few seconds of that promo I have always thought that
    Lisbon was inevitably going to be captured/taken hostage by Red John at some point. I'm assuming this is purely a promo for the season premiere though so maybe that scene with Patrick on the phone will be a flashforward type thing? Seems a bit of a major plot point to shoehorn into just one episode. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Mrs_Stig24 wrote: »
    Can't wait! :D About what is revealed in the last few seconds of that promo I have always thought that
    Lisbon was inevitably going to be captured/taken hostage by Red John at some point. I'm assuming this is purely a promo for the season premiere though so maybe that scene with Patrick on the phone will be a flashforward type thing? Seems a bit of a major plot point to shoehorn into just one episode. :confused:

I was also surprised it has happened so soon as well .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Just finished season 5, looking forward to season 6:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member

I think that's a good change for the show- new blood. I'd also like to see Patrick Jane and Lisbon get together and I'm ready to find out who Red John is.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting ...
    I hope they actually kill them both off. You could have a scenario where Jane tries another one of his over complicated schemes to trap Red John but it backfires and Rigsby and Lisbon both get killed. It could open up so many different potential plot threads that it could give the show a whole new edge.
    Forum Member
    Interesting ...
    I hope they actually kill them both off. You could have a scenario where Jane tries another one of his over complicated schemes to trap Red John but it backfires and Rigsby and Lisbon both get killed. It could open up so many different potential plot threads that it could give the show a whole new edge.
    Lisbon is not being written out of the show , its Rigsby and Van Pelt :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not so sure - apparently Robin Tunney was kept out of the loop about RJ being caught
    also RJ's capture will have a 'profound' impact on Jane-Lisbon's relationship according to a journo

other info:
    one RJ suspect will be eliminated in the premiere episode
    s6 will have less stand alone episodes and more 'to be continued' for viewers :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

See I knew I meant that ! :D
    s6 will have less stand alone episodes and more 'to be continued' for viewers :(

That actually makes me happy. I like the show and enjoy the 'case of the week' stuff, mainly down to Simon Baker I suppose, but to have an actual continuing story sounds very interesting.
    Forum Member
    Also the show kicks off right where we left off so there won't be a months gap or 3 months from the last episode .
    Forum Member
    Also Jane with 3 of the possible Red John suspects - spoilers

http://tvline.com/2013/09/05/the-mentalist-season-6-jane-meets-red-john-suspects/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem is, they've spent so long building up Red John to almost mythical proportions that any reveal is ultimately bound to fall flat - unless it's any of the CBI team.

I think it's going to have to be one of the semi-regular characters for one thing - they can't afford to use someone from 'the shortlist' who's only appeared in one or two episodes.

This is why ..
    I think the only way it works and has enough of an impact and shock factor is if it's Bertram and he kills Rigsby and Van Pelt. We could tease them being rescued but ultimately it fails and they both die. For me, that could work.

Although since it's now in my mind, it probably won't if that's what happens :)
    Forum Member
    I think the problem is, they've spent so long building up Red John to almost mythical proportions that any reveal is ultimately bound to fall flat - unless it's any of the CBI team.

I think it's going to have to be one of the semi-regular characters for one thing - they can't afford to use someone from 'the shortlist' who's only appeared in one or two episodes.

This is why ..
    I think the only way it works and has enough of an impact and shock factor is if it's Bertram and he kills Rigsby and Van Pelt. We could tease them being rescued but ultimately it fails and they both die. For me, that could work.

Although since it's now in my mind, it probably won't if that's what happens :)

I think it will Partridge as he was in the first episode but I would prefer Heffner as the guy playing him is a better actor .
    Forum Member
    Emily Swallow has been signed up to replace
    Grace
    basically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily Swallow has been signed up to replace
    Grace
    basically.

she looks more like a Lisbon clone :p

and
    she's only been signed up for 3 episodes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    The only way that the Red John reveal will be shocking is if its definitely someone that the audience has known for a long time and possibly wouldn't have seen coming.

What if Rigsby turns out to be RJ? (then again, probably not)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way that the Red John reveal will be shocking is if its definitely someone that the audience has known for a long time and possibly wouldn't have seen coming.

What if Rigsby turns out to be RJ? (then again, probably not)

I've always believed it to be someone on the CBI team. ESpecially Van Pelt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I've always believed it to be someone on the CBI team. ESpecially Van Pelt.

Can't be Van Pelt. There were Red John things happening during that 9 month period she was mysteriously stuck to her chair and nobody noticed she never came out and just got fatter.

Mind you, unless she was sneaking out after they all left...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the creator of the show has confirmed that RJ is one of the 7 suspects on Jane's list (no Rigsby or VPelt )

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/470292/20130523/mentalist-red-john-season-6-patrick-jane.htm
    Forum Member
    she looks more like a Lisbon clone :p

and
    she's only been signed up for 3 episodes
    so has the other male they have signed up , if they prove popular I think they will get more episodes

Epipsdes 8 title has been announced
    "Red John" so that could be where we find out who he is or he is finally caught

I used to think Grace was in league with Red John because she is a Red Head.
    Forum Member
    Only another two nights before this starts in the u,s :)
  • hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so has the other male they have signed up , if they prove popular I think they will get more episodes

Epipsdes 8 title has been announced
    "Red John" so that could be where we find out who he is or he is finally caught

I used to think Grace was in league with Red John because she is a Red Head.

Episode 8 is written by Bruno Heller so it seems likely.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    One more sleep! I can't wait, my joint favourite show is back!

Question, is this series going to be purely Red John because I heard that there won't be a case of the week this series!?