• CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and ?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the "heads up."

I've enjoyed his previous documentaries.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the "heads up."

I've enjoyed his previous documentaries.

They are far better than all the other celeb-presented documentaries because you can see he's interested in the topics rather than just turning up and taking the money
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    If you miss it this time, you can always catch up when it's repeated 45 times.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    God, not ANOTHER documentary about 'merica.

Can't he find something else to do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    God, not ANOTHER documentary about 'merica.

Can't he find something else to do?

He's an American comedian... what else is he going to present documentaries about... Kazakhstan???
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    He's an American comedian... what else is he going to present documentaries about... Kazakhstan???

How about he does one about Britain. After all, we're the only ones who gives him TV work.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    If you miss it this time, you can always catch up when it's repeated 45 times.

Actually, I used one of his documentaries as an example on Urban Dictionary, six years ago for just that situation.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BBCB4&defid=3164131
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Actually, I used one of his documentaries as an example on Urban Dictionary, six years ago for just that situation.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BBCB4&defid=3164131

Nice;-)
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    How about he does one about Britain. After all, we're the only ones who gives him TV work.

He doesn't actually make these documentaries on spec you know. They have to be commissioned.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could you do us all a favour and try to be a bit less boring? Cheers.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think his documentaries are very good so I'll probably watch this too.
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Have enjoyed all the ones he's done before.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Excellent news. Rich Hall is a superb presenter. :)
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,544
    Forum Member
    I'm not particularly interested in America, but I love Rich Hall and I've seen all of the documentaries he's done. The way he presents makes the subject interesting and he's hilarious, so I'll definitely be watching again :D
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rich Hall who said Americans do not do Irony he does it well.

Will definitely be watching he has been absent far too long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,544
    Forum Member

Thanks for the reminder, V, I'd forgotten about it! Must set the box :)

Just as an aside, V, knowing you're a Eurodramaphile :D I saw a trailer with Victoria Coren-M for upcoming shows on BBC4 (of which the Rich Hall docu was one) and another was the new Swedish series Crimes of Passion. Looking forward to that! After Inspector Mentalbaldo perhaps?
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news. If this one is anything like as good as his previous ones we're in for a treat.
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member

Thank you, I enjoyed his other offerings on BBC4, actually something I will watch 'live' for a change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as an aside, V, knowing you're a Eurodramaphile :D I saw a trailer with Victoria Coren-M for upcoming shows on BBC4 (of which the Rich Hall docu was one) and another was the new Swedish series Crimes of Passion. Looking forward to that! After Inspector Mentalbaldo perhaps?

I would have thought so

One of the three main actor in that series, Ola Rapace played Stefan Lindman in the first series of the Krister Wallander
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did the board think?

I quite enjoyed it, but I think the law of diminishing returns may be setting in.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I enjoyed it the most of his documentries - they usually seem a bit too long at an hour and a half, but this didn't drag for me.
    One small niggle though - I wasn't always sure when he was joking! :)
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was fine, I find I like them and are glad they are over - its all the shouting! Some good jokes and linkages when exploring the get rich quick schemes linked to the railway.
  • able1able1 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Actually I enjoyed it the most of his documentries - they usually seem a bit too long at an hour and a half, but this didn't drag for me.
    One small niggle though - I wasn't always sure when he was joking! :)

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

If I were to watch it more than once I'm sure I'd decide he was serious at certain junctures on first impressions but change my opinion on subsequent viewings.

An hour would have been plenty.