Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened about the John Peel allegations? Or are we meant to forget them?

You mean the ones about Shirley Anne Milburn who he married and who along with her parents never told him her age and Jane Nevin who also never told him her age and set the record straighter than the one in the press on a BBc interview and also said the pregnancy she ahd could have been by one of two other men she was seeing.

Now the question of whether he should have asked their age is debatable, from photos they looked older than sixteen, and there has not been a string of complaints about him so I would have to ask what would you expect to be done.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    You mean the ones about Shirley Anne Milburn who he married and who along with her parents never told him her age and Jane Nevin who also never told him her age and set the record straighter than the one in the press on a BBc interview and also said the pregnancy she ahd could have been by one of two other men she was seeing.

Now the question of whether he should have asked their age is debatable, from photos they looked older than sixteen, and there has not been a string of complaints about him so I would have to ask what would you expect to be done.

Ms Nevin stated in her original story she met Peel at a Black Sabbath concert in Central London in the summer of 69

Black Sabbath's first Central London Concert in 1969 was Maida Vale Studios London 11/11/69 When Ms Nevin was 16
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne Alexander ‏@Annemariealex
    Watchdog report into police investigations into Savile abuse allegations is out Tuesday. @Daybreak hears from a victim and HMIC. From 0600.

Should be on the news sites after midnight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »

Ah, yes, thanks, I remember reading those bits at the time.

I was referring to the BBC looking into it. Story from October.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like HMIC have jumped their own embargo

Download the HMIC report here
    http://www.hmic.gov.uk/publication/mistakes-were-made/

"HMIC’s review of allegations made against Jimmy Savile during his lifetime finds mistakes were made by the police; and while policies and practices designed to improve the experience of child victims are now available, we raise serious concerns over why so many victims felt unable to come forward and report what had happened to the authorities."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summary of Recommendations

Recommendation 1
    The College of Policing should issue guidelines to all forces about how to deal with investigations of child abuse following the death of the alleged perpetrator.

Recommendation 2
    In view of the current low reporting rate, the police service and the College of Policing should establish ways to encourage the reporting of sexual crimes, creating a culture and operating practices that do not contain perverse incentives to the detriment of victims and the public.

Recommendation 3
    We consider that a system of mandatory reporting should be examined whereby those who, in the course of their professional duties, become aware of information or evidence that a child is or has been the victim of abuse should be under a legal obligation to notify their concerns to others.

Recommendation 4
    Each agency which has a role to play in safeguarding arrangements for children and vulnerable adults should ensure they comply with relevant policies; there must be regular and systematic checks to ensure that those policies are being properly and fully put into practice.

Recommendation 5
    All relevant Inspectorates should ensure that their inspection regimes and programmes are designed to report on how well these policies are being applied at a local level.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like HMIC have jumped their own embargo

Download the HMIC report here
    http://www.hmic.gov.uk/publication/mistakes-were-made/

"HMIC’s review of allegations made against Jimmy Savile during his lifetime finds mistakes were made by the police; and while policies and practices designed to improve the experience of child victims are now available, we raise serious concerns over why so many victims felt unable to come forward and report what had happened to the authorities."

Oh dear MWT wont be happy not to be the first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky News reporting it 3rd, after Huhne/Pryce and the Queen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Williams-Thomas ‏ @mwilliamsthomas
    The Anon letter is for me the most chilling & damning failure of the police to catch #Savile. Letter clearly very credible & genuine

I had to correct his spelling!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    Duncroft mentioned....1964
    The 1964 MPS ledger
    5.1 The MPS has discovered an intelligence record held by its Paedophile Unit, dating from approximately 1964. The record reads as follows:

“BATTERSEA BRIDGE ROAD, (WA) – 4 older girls & youth named [name] (? Homosexual) live at – Jimmy SAVILLE (sic) well known disc jockey frequents – used by absconders from DUNCROFT APP SCHOOL”

A second entry on the page opposite reads:

“DUNCROFT APP SCHOOL – Absconders – Vice Ring. [Name] ….living on (sic) immoral earnings of [names of two females identified as DUNCROFT girls].

2 yrs imp.

[Name]…Charged with [name] as above, also further charged with harbouring [female‟s name] – failed to appear…on 20/10/64 having estreated his bail & thought to be in Holland.

[Name], [address]. At CCC (Central Criminal Court) on 5/11/1964. Charged with living on (sic) earnings & procuring [two female names]. Found NOT GUILTY. No connection with [name and name] above, but all DUNCROFT girls.

The address (sic) used by [name and name] were [address given].
    All men were coloured.
    [Name of female] (ex-Duncroft) introduced the girls to the men concerned.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent summary in The Independent

"Crucially, Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC) said in the report, police failed to tell adults who were reluctant to testify against the Top Of The Pops presenter that there were other complaints against him.

Had they done so, the victims might have found the strength to take on Savile during his lifetime, rather than see him venerated as a national treasure on his death two years ago."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-police-could-have-stopped-sex-offender-jimmy-savile-50-years-ago-8530241.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Forget about it": What police told Jimmy Savile rape victim as vital evidence ignored for 50 years
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-report-rape-victim-1757308

Cops buried Savile letter
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/303109/Cops-buried-Jimmy-Savile-a-kid-perv-letter/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6.05am ITV Daybreak
    Drusilla Sharpling, HMIC
    "It struck us, when we looked at all the cases together that there had been a failure in what we call join-the-dots of that material, in order to build robust investigations."
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir Peter Fahy, CC of @gmpolice: Lack of a national #police force makes it "more difficult when cases cross boundaries" #Savile

https://twitter.com/GerardTubbSky/statuses/311415792526819328
    Fahy: "little public support for a national police force" but "makes achieving consistent national standards all the more difficult" #Savile

https://twitter.com/GerardTubbSky/statuses/311416548927602688
    Savile letter to Met police. With hindsight, says everything. But report says Met/WYorks should have investigated it http://itv.co/W3bhzI

https://twitter.com/lucymanning/statuses/311425975328067586

---

Also, I came across a series of shows about child safety from the 1970s which JS narrated/presented, called Play It Safe, see:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ixiHtF99Fo :eek:

I notice in the video description for the second show in the series, it comments
    Most accidents Savile focussed on feature the phrase "permanent brain damage".

It used to be shown on Sunday evenings before Songs of Praise. Talking about it being your responsibility to keep kids safe...ugh :rolleyes:
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been reading this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291865/Jimmy-Savile-police-ignored-1964-report-DJ--celebrity.html

Looking back to when I was a kid back then it was very much a man's world. Someone like Jimmy who was also a celeb what kid would have been believed back then?
    It's just so sickening that there was a report in 1964 and ignored. Probably because he was a big name and a man and women and kidsback then it would have been their word against his. If the police had followed up this report in 1964 then decades of abuse may have been stopped.
    That's the thing about the past. It was good in a lot of ways but not so good with things like this.
    Just been reading a story about playwright Allan Bennett. He thought it was okay back then to let old gentlemen touch up his legs.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291873/Alan-Bennett-says-abused-boy-didnt-bother-Playwright-speaks-touched-old-gentlemen.html
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I came across a series of shows about child safety from the 1970s which JS narrated/presented, called Play It Safe, see:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ixiHtF99Fo :eek:

I notice in the video description for the second show in the series, it comments
    Most accidents Savile focussed on feature the phrase "permanent brain damage".

Well, he used the phrase, 'Brain damage' often to allude to what women did to you, as a man. It was supposedly his little joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or are the papers editing what has been put out? I read the Mirror earlier about this letter, but when I went on again it seems to omit certain things. Censorship?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been reading this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291865/Jimmy-Savile-police-ignored-1964-report-DJ--celebrity.html

Looking back to when I was a kid back then it was very much a man's world. Someone like Jimmy who was also a celeb what kid would have been believed back then?
    It's just so sickening that there was a report in 1964 and ignored. Probably because he was a big name and a man and women and kidsback then it would have been their word against his. If the police had followed up this report in 1964 then decades of abuse may have been stopped.
    That's the thing about the past. It was good in a lot of ways but not so good with things like this.
    Just been reading a story about playwright Allan Bennett. He thought it was okay back then to let old gentlemen touch up his legs.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291873/Alan-Bennett-says-abused-boy-didnt-bother-Playwright-speaks-touched-old-gentlemen.html

I'm convinced Savile was a bisexual pervert by the way. A man reporting to police that he had raped by JS in 1964 is very significant. Most men of that era would have been hugely embarrassed and reluctant to tell the police, so if this man was brave enough to go to the police, you'd have to think the rape actually happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I'm convinced Savile was a bisexual pervert by the way. A man reporting to police that he had raped by JS in 1964 is very significant. Most men of that era would have been hugely embarrassed and reluctant to tell the police, so if this man was brave enough to go to the police, you'd have to think the rape actually happened.

Not really. This is what this man said today. We can't be really sure he was telling the true because there was no report and the rape supposedly happened 50 years ago. We only have his word. And if he is an unscrupulous person in need of money, he could take advantage of the scandal. And the report said "male" not "man", he may have been a kid when it supposedly took place.

I think the 1964 ignored report of what it may have been a prostituion house of teens and the police officers who said thet were aware of Savile's abuse of young girls is way more important than an anonymous homophobic gossipy letter that MWT found oh so important. You can bet the homophobic blogs will love that info.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Duncroft mentioned....1964

It does give a whole new angle on things, doesn't it? We don't have Merion Jones to blame. Nor attention seekers Fionas and Karins. Or a buch of middle age women colluding for some mysterious reason to smear the image of their old school. It shows a connection of Savile and Duncroft in the 60's. And, what is more important, it shows Duncroft girls in, what it seems, a situation of prostitution. These are in the government official records. It may be a coincidence those girls were there and "met" Savile, but it may be when he first took notice of Duncroft.
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

Are there such things? as according to this thread Savile was in to everything... men,women.children, the disabled and even the dead.
    That is why its so utterly ludicrious and says something about you lot here..Yet none of you can explain why he was never caught as in 50 years, a rampant pervert (as you like to think )would have made at least a teeny weany mistake at some point, and as a public figure would have been torn to pieces and gold for the newspapers.

and how are you to know that the police did not investigate this 1964 incident and found it to be complete bolloxs? As if Savile had been just a homosexual in 1964 he could have been locked up or at least his career ruined.

Maybe he was just too good a man for you lot?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. This is what this man said today. We can't be really sure he was telling the true because there was no report and the rape supposedly happened 50 years ago. We only have his word. And if he is an unscrupulous person in need of money, he could take advantage of the scandal. And the report said "male" not "man", he may have been a kid when it supposedly took place.

I think the 1964 ignored report of what it may have been a prostituion house of teens and the police officers who said thet were aware of Savile's abuse of young girls is way more important than an anonymous homophobic gossipy letter that MWT found oh so important. You can bet the homophobic blogs will love that info.

Oh, there's no record of that alleged 1964 incident, is there not? That puts a different spin on things.

There still appears to be evidence Savile may have been a bisexual paedophile. Seemingly quite a few men alleged to police that they were interfered with by him in some shape or form. It's hard to believe that every single one of them is lying.

Savile being linked to Duncroft a full ten years before Karin Ward et al is fascinating. I bet we haven't heard even a fraction of what his real links to that place were.
This discussion has been closed.