Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    .....Apparently Adebayor has gone AWOL :eek:
    Confusing - BAE played when I thought he had withdrawn and Ade was a no show.

Strange we have not heard anything before as Ade has been missing as far a Togo are concerned, since last Tuesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best wishes go out to Gary Mabbutt recovering in hospital after an emergency operation on a blocked artery in his leg.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Best wishes go out to Gary Mabbutt recovering in hospital after an emergency operation on a blocked artery in his leg.

Saw the story last week. Can only echo the sentiment. What a great bloke. Football legend.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »

Apparently Adebayor has gone AWOL :eek:

He's been AWOL all season hasn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gary was a great player for Spurs, and this type of illness is always more likely with Diabetes.

He will hopefully make a full recovery.

He was a bit like Steve Perryman in that he moved from midfield to defence, and never gave anything less than 100% all the time.

Steve was very close to death last year, and is hopefully on the road to recovery too.

A true pair of Spurs legends.
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seconded. A top bloke and true Spurs legend.
    He's been AWOL all season hasn't he?

Haha very true :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

Typical Dempsey goal, I bloody loved them marking out the penalty box with the shovels :D

Gylfi's was a corker :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Further speculation on us being interested in Sevilla's Alvaro Negredo (again). He seems keen to play in the Premiership.

Talking of strikers, no mention of Adebayor in the roundup of how our chaps did in their respective internationals on the Spurs website.

Edit: Just read elsewhere that Ade didn't show up for the Cameroon game after being initially left out of the starting 11 then re-instated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The U21s beat WBA 4-0 to stay top of the Elite Group, again with a smattering of U18s playing. Huddlestone turned out for them to get some game time.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The U21s beat WBA 4-0 to stay top of the Elite Group, again with a smattering of U18s playing. Huddlestone turned out for them to get some game time.

Reading thematch report it seems Ceballos and Parrett had a hand in all the goals, grabbing one apiece with Bentaleb (a young French player on our books) getting the other two.

Ceballos, Parrett and it's thought, Luongo are waiting to join Swindon on loan for the rest of the season.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Just read elsewhere that Ade didn't show up for the Cameroon game after being initially left out of the starting 11 then re-instated.

That's ridiculous. Be interesting to see what, if anything, Togo do about that - most managers would never pick him again I suppose.

Was randomly thinking the other night - if we do ultimately qualify for the CL, I wonder if AVB would persist with Friedel in goal, since he seems to be the ad hoc "Cup" goalie ?

If we're going to be up against the PSG's and Madrids of the world, I'd much rather have Lloris in goal. Maybe Brad could be the League and FA Cup goalie instead ?.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    there's absolutely no way we can be thinking of using Friedel in CL games. I can understand why he's doing it now in the EL, because it's a transition season for Friedel, but we can't be persisting with this policy next season.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Modric doesn't try and tap up Bale tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    Reading thematch report it seems Ceballos and Parrett had a hand in all the goals, grabbing one apiece with Bentaleb (a young French player on our books) getting the other two.

Ceballos, Parrett and it's thought, Luongo are waiting to join Swindon on loan for the rest of the season.
    Yes, I thought they had gone to Swindon until they appeared on the team sheet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    there's absolutely no way we can be thinking of using Friedel in CL games. I can understand why he's doing it now in the EL, because it's a transition season for Friedel, but we can't be persisting with this policy next season.
    We can't send a second string out in the CL full stop like we do in the Europa early rounds.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Friedel signed up with you for next season?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Friedel signed up with you for next season?

I thought he signed a two year contract at the start of the season.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he signed a two year contract at the start of the season.

I wonder how long he will go on for? He is already in his 40's is he not? He always performed well against us annoyingly, at his previous clubs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AVB thinks 70 points would result in a CL place. So 16 points out of 24 available.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/andre-villasboas-targets-16-more-points-as-tottenham-chase-champions-league-qualification-8553622.html
    "70 is usually enough to be in the four spots. There are 24 points to be played for so that means we need 16 more points. You never know, but I think at this time we are within our objectives."
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read earlier that he said that Daws is back in full training and Lennon has also trained for two days as well so we could well have a full strength side to choose from for Swansea which would be good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be brilliant. I see Sandro has been visiting schools in Brazil (I think) from his tweets. I wonder if there's any chance of a return before the end of the season.

http://instagram.com/p/XX2gk3uakN/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read earlier that he said that Daws is back in full training and Lennon has also trained for two days as well so we could well have a full strength side to choose from for Swansea which would be good.

I think those two are vital to our chances.
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »

Actually it's Byrne, Parrett and Luongo who have joined Swindon on loan for the rest of the season, as thankfully, the embargo which has prevented us from signing players was lifted bang on the 5pm deadline for loan deals yesterday.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/trioarriveonloan-739644.aspx
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it's Byrne, Parrett and Luongo who have joined Swindon on loan for the rest of the season, as thankfully, the embargo which has prevented us from signing players was lifted bang on the 5pm deadline for loan deals yesterday.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/trioarriveonloan-739644.aspx

So let's hope that McDonald gives all three plenty of game time. Byrne can play as RB or AMR, Parret is a box to box CM and Loungo is principally used as a DM but is flexible enough to be a box to box CM or even a second striker.

These lads are playing for a place in our first team squad next season. If they don't impress at Swindon I expect them to be sold or released in the summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/03/29/tottenham-agree-deal-to-sign-ajax-playmaker-christian-eriksen/
    Ajax starlet Christian Eriksen has reportedly already agreed a deal to join Tottenham this summer according to Clubcall.

This source states that the much sought after Danish international will join the North London club but only if Andre Villas-Boas manages to secure a coveted Champions League berth.
This discussion has been closed.