50th Anniversary Trailer On Saturday!

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fixed :)

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/50th-anniversary-trailer-on-saturday-54168.htm

We are not prepared for high res Hartnell!
  • BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Will there be any footage from the actual episode though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadWolfOne wrote: »

Read the bottom of the link
    Amendment: BBC notes that this does not include any actual footage of the 50th anniversary episode, The Day of the Doctor.

Still, it'll be nice to watch tomorrow!
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    No, it won't. it says on the link below:
    "This trailer does not include any actual footage of the 50th anniversary episode."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Doctor-Who-Trailer-to-Celebrate-the-Last-50-Years

EDIT: Sorry, a bit late as there was a post above.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No.

Forum Member
    Just looked on twitter. Apparently there will NOT be any footage from the 50th anniversary. Just a trailer to celebrate the last 50yrs.

Better than nothing I suppose
    Forum Member
    Oh thanks for clearing that up for me before I searched twitter though :D
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're really desperate to get Who fans to accept Atlantis, huh?
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See. I moan and moan and moan. But just this announcement has me probably losing sleep. I hate being a fan sometimes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »

Its never gonna happen.

Everything wonderful about Who is everything that is lacking in Atlantis.

Still. I might be stunned into such excitement I fail to change the channel and catch the opening credits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »

You know it's THE best slot of the night - potentially covering two very different audinces.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    You know it's THE best slot of the night - potentially covering two very different audinces.
    Isn't just before SCD the best slot? Half of Strictly's audience bugger off to watch X-Factor as soon as Brucie's done.
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See. I moan and moan and moan. But just this announcement has me probably losing sleep. I hate being a fan sometimes.

Ha! Me too! I've gone from ultra-cynic to gushing fan-boy with just one titbit! It happened with he Olympics too.

Ace. Ace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Isn't just before SCD the best slot? Half of Strictly's audience bugger off to watch X-Factor as soon as Brucie's done.

Depends how many prefer Fantasy to Staged Drama. Places a bet on viewers sticking around for Atlantis having a greater interest in Doctor Who than Britain's Got X-tra Large Nipples In the Jungle....

..and all that jazz.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atlantis isn't all that bad. It's got production values DW can only dream of since the in-house BBC cuts. Atlantis, along with the last 2 series' of Merlin, are, visually, the best series ever seen on BBC1.
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I've come to terms with the no footage thing and am now incredibly excited to see what this little clip is all about!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Im liking that. The picture is superb and puts Matt in the anals forever. There is no actual pun intended, I just love that pic. I am looking forward to watching it. I may be busy. Like tonight when I was out in the real world watching an awesome band in my local pub. Just got back and am looking forward to it. I post here coz I cant be humphing arsed with the (to me) utter sh.. drivel elsewhere... Things are vamping up nicely to me - I like the way it is building up. I do not wish to be embroiled in bowl axe n that is why I like posting here. There may be hints, there may be not... and I admit Ive had a few too many Guiness..other stouts are available and I like Murphys more.... and Im on my phone which is super amazing. Ive lost my thread coz Im concentrating on making as few errors as poss... but fook moi ( it's frenchy made up for I like that a lot.... it is simple... The 50th will soon be here.... and I am ready and waiting, like you are ( hopefully). I like to have a laugh but at the end of the day ( of the Dock-torr,) this is now really building up and I for one am glad we werent hit with the big sh!t trailer months ( it seems) ago. Wjatever happens happens :)

Thankfully I am completely anonymous so when I read this back tomorrow I can just roll my eyes n blame it on the beer.

I like all the opinions on here whatever they are but am in the camp of less is more.... Had my say... Publish and be damned coz I havent seen what is on screen for a while.

The main event is still over a month away and it is getting publicity. Before I went out the beeb did the stings primetime.... Less is more... No overload too early. Love it.

This is just my opinion and I apologise for errors in my shiting.

Press 'quick reply' and hope this makes sense and Im not banned : D This is as honest as you will get from anonymous me.... hic.... ;-P
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    Should be interesting, just hope it's a decent trailer and not a blink and miss it one. I'm glad there is no actual 50th footage in it, would rather it be kept that way until a few days before and then minimal.

looking forward to it.

I've a feeling the 50th isn't going to be as time war 'action' heavy as some, myself included maybe, are hoping for.

On a side note about the time war stuff I really hope Ecclestone's Doctor isn't pushed out of it too much, i.e his incarnation wasn't the one that fought, as for me his Doctor is THE Time War Doctor....if that makes sense:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should be interesting, just hope it's a decent trailer and not a blink and miss it one. I'm glad there is no actual 50th footage in it, would rather it be kept that way until a few days before and then minimal.

looking forward to it.

I've a feeling the 50th isn't going to be as time war 'action' heavy as some, myself included maybe, are hoping for.

On a side note about the time war stuff I really hope Ecclestone's Doctor isn't pushed out of it too much, i.e his incarnation wasn't the one that fought, as for me his Doctor is THE Time War Doctor....if that makes sense:confused:

With regards to the Time War I think you are right. We aren't going to see a full on all out war or representation of it. And probably all the better. Best to leave it to the imagination. I expect some scenes and flashbacks which will flesh out the myth but not show too much.

I know its best to be realistic about these things. I remember thinking the End of Time Part Two was going to be Time War heavy and have Eight featured. As it was we got some tantalising glimpses but nothing more.

Edited to omit possible spoilers.
  • John637John637 Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Moan - Special only an hour - Moan - no old Doctors in it - Moan - Special only 75 minutes - Moan - only one(ish) old Doctor in it - Moan - no Anniversary publicity - Moan - no Special footage, just publicity for the Anniversary - Moan - Trailer Time Slot is wrong (I mean seriously?) - Moan, Moan, Moan, Moan, Moan...Blimey...will some of you just seriously get over yourselves? You make me ashamed to be a DW fan.
  • thorterrthorterr Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    If there was no moaning in the world there would be no Karl Pilkington ba boom ,,,yet bout this trailer,,,anyway ,,,,
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait either! :D I'm guessing the 50th episode trailer will be released in two weeks though. They think the 1 minute clip of old Doctors will do us over for two weeks, but that's ok! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a MILLION of these compilation clips fan vids on YouTube, and I'd wager many will prove immediately superior to the BBC's paltry token to fans tonight.

Does the beeb seriously think that pissing fans off, by doing f*** all for months is "building momentum" - when clearly all its doing is alienating people?

Even Atlantis made more of an effort before it's launch, sending Runes to people and teasing plot points, using their Twitter account to almost saturation level to build interest. What do Who fans get? A hashtag and a fan vid.

Pathetic.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    There are a MILLION of these compilation clips fan vids on YouTube, and I'd wager many will prove immediately superior to the BBC's paltry token to fans tonight.

Does the beeb seriously think that pissing fans off, by doing f*** all for months is "building momentum" - when clearly all its doing is alienating people?

Even Atlantis made more of an effort before it's launch, sending Runes to people and teasing plot points, using their Twitter account to almost saturation level to build interest. What do Who fans get? A hashtag and a fan vid.

Pathetic.

Why don't you actually watch it first before jumping to conclusions?