World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

1450451452453454456»

Comments

• cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    just wondered has Renee Young been on RAW since Dean Ambrose got attacked by Kane & Rollins

Didn't she interview Roman last week on RAW?

Edit - Yes she did
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would really enjoy that I think. As I've said before, Stephanie vs Brie worked well, even the match, so I imagine giving Stephanie someone who can work the mic and work the ring will be brilliant.

It'd be great fun I'm sure. As you say the Stephanie v Brie rivalry was great fun and whenever AJ and Steph have interacted it's been enjoyable and interesting to watch so I'm sure a feud would be.

Speaking of Brie Bella, another bombshell about how horrible her sister is from Nikki Bella.
    http://www.kayfabenews.com/nikki-bella-reveals-sister-brie-leader-al-qaeda/

I wish I could say I was surprised. Poor Nikki having to keep a secret like that :D
  • Society619Society619 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Yeah I got a bad feeling that 'certain fans' are going to try to derail Roman Reigns push going towards Wrestlemania, especially when Daniel Bryan comes back. I like all the Shield guys but it's clear that the majority of the Internet Wrestling Community (IWC) are hating Roman out of spite because they want to 'their' guys in the spotlight.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    Society619 wrote: »
    Yeah I got a bad feeling that 'certain fans' are going to try to derail Roman Reigns push going towards Wrestlemania, especially when Daniel Bryan comes back. I like all the Shield guys but it's clear that the majority of the Internet Wrestling Community (IWC) are hating Roman out of spite because they want to 'their' guys in the spotlight.

Or simply because he really isn't ready for the monster push they are putting on his back.
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    It'd be great fun I'm sure. As you say the Stephanie v Brie rivalry was great fun and whenever AJ and Steph have interacted it's been enjoyable and interesting to watch so I'm sure a feud would be.

Speaking of Brie Bella, another bombshell about how horrible her sister is from Nikki Bella.
    http://www.kayfabenews.com/nikki-bella-reveals-sister-brie-leader-al-qaeda/

I wish I could say I was surprised. Poor Nikki having to keep a secret like that :D

I knew I was going to regret clicking on that link lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew I was going to regret clicking on that link lol.

You can thank me later. :D
    Or simply because he really isn't ready for the monster push they are putting on his back.

That is true - he's got potential but also areas he needs to work on before he gets a big moment like a WM main-event win - but then I think there's some truth in what 619 says.

I do have a bad feeling that unless Bryan or Ambrose main events at Mania people may throw toys out the pram again this year and we might get the whole 'woe-is' routine again from fans (which annoyed me no end last year in the build to WM30).
    I can't see certain fans accepting anyone else than those two. And I do think people are being a bit harsh on Reigns and turning on him too much right now (especially since a number of those people normally complain about it too often being the same faces in the main event).
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong, I do really believe Roman will be THE next face guy because I see that potential in him but he's become very exposed in the very short space of time since The Shield split.

I have cooled off on him, but I said months ago it is possible we will see turning on Reigns and I believe we've started to see a turn in opinion. It's not yet to the level of Cena which I believe it has the potential to do, but it's certainly started.

I hope he can be that next guy, and I do believe there is every possibility for the throwing of toys and taking balls home that we saw around Mania, but I think mainly it will be resentment of just how hard they are pushing Reigns rather than him not being Bryan/Ambrose.
    Forum Member
    Just an update on the WB library purchase rumours, most sites are now backing off on this claim and are saying the reality which is that WWE is seeking a new distributor for the library and WB are interested in becoming a distributor.

WrestleZone have done fantastically well in giving a complete turn around and acting like they never posted the illogical rumour in the first place.

As a site, they really make me laugh. They posted a report about the 9/1 leaked Raw script saying that the Jericho/Triple H back and forth wasn't planned and that the Cena/Rollins announce table spot wasn't in the script.

A few days later, the usual "there have been reports that (the previously mentioned points) weren't scripted. This isn't true."

Yes there have been reports, you were the ones reporting it you dingbats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I do really believe Roman will be THE next face guy because I see that potential in him but he's become very exposed in the very short space of time since The Shield split.

I have cooled off on him, but I said months ago it is possible we will see turning on Reigns and I believe we've started to see a turn in opinion. It's not yet to the level of Cena which I believe it has the potential to do, but it's certainly started.

I hope he can be that next guy, and I do believe there is every possibility for the throwing of toys and taking balls home that we saw around Mania, but I think mainly it will be resentment of just how hard they are pushing Reigns rather than him not being Bryan/Ambrose.

I probably sound really annoyed - but I am just a bit jaded of fans constantly overreacting online and putting certain superstars on pedestals (which is unfair on those superstars, who are often very talented, and the entire roster) and throwing toys out the pram on a weekly basis. I'm not including here to be clear (otherwise I wouldn't be posting here lol) but I'm far more irritated/jaded by certain viewers than I am the actual product these days.

On Reigns, I agree that a backlash now has started with him. As I say I do think there are areas he needs to improve on but I think people do miss that there's a lot to work with there and there is a valid reason why WWE see him as a star of their near future and that's lost in the shuffle of 'Reigns is the worst thing eva' vibe from other sites.

I don't think he's ready to main-event Mania yet though and probably just needs time to perfect parts of his craft/change what's not working and keep what is but there's stuff to work with there.
    And I hate this idea that with the Shield it's either/or with them doing well for some people and that say somehow Reigns doing well would mean Ambrose couldn't. It's utter rubbish - all 3 Shield guys will be fine and WWE clearly see a lot, quite rightly, in all 3 of them.

And I stand by that Bryan/Ambrose remark - fans aren't happy with the idea of Reigns main-eventing Mania it seems but then beyond Ambrose and Bryan I fail to see what realistic name they'd be happy with facing Brock at WM31.
    Still my wish for WM31 as ever is that Rollins leaves it as World Champion after cashing in MITB - simple as. :D
    Just an update on the WB library purchase rumours, most sites are now backing off on this claim and are saying the reality which is that WWE is seeking a new distributor for the library and WB are interested in becoming a distributor.

WrestleZone have done fantastically well in giving a complete turn around and acting like they never posted the illogical rumour in the first place.

As a site, they really make me laugh. They posted a report about the 9/1 leaked Raw script saying that the Jericho/Triple H back and forth wasn't planned and that the Cena/Rollins announce table spot wasn't in the script.

A few days later, the usual "there have been reports that (the previously mentioned points) weren't scripted. This isn't true."

Yes there have been reports, you were the ones reporting it you dingbats.

Dirtsheets telling half-truths and often outright lies - never! :D
    Forum Member
    They even deleted my comment in literally a few minutes because I dared to say it was obviously bullshit lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They even deleted my comment in literally a few minutes because I dared to say it was obviously bullshit lol.

You broke the unwritten rule of the dirtsheet I guess "Any opinion is allowed - unless it's not the same as the writer/website". :D
    Forum Member
    I probably sound really annoyed - but I am just a bit jaded of fans constantly overreacting online and putting certain superstars on pedestals (which is unfair on those superstars, who are often very talented, and the entire roster) and throwing toys out the pram on a weekly basis. I'm not including here to be clear (otherwise I wouldn't be posting here lol) but I'm far more irritated/jaded by certain viewers than I am the actual product these days.

On Reigns, I agree that a backlash now has started with him. As I say I do think there are areas he needs to improve on but I think people do miss that there's a lot to work with there and there is a valid reason why WWE see him as a star of their near future and that's lost in the shuffle of 'Reigns is the worst thing eva' vibe from other sites.

I don't think he's ready to main-event Mania yet though and probably just needs time to perfect parts of his craft/change what's not working and keep what is but there's stuff to work with there.
    And I hate this idea that with the Shield it's either/or with them doing well for some people and that say somehow Reigns doing well would mean Ambrose couldn't. It's utter rubbish - all 3 Shield guys will be fine and WWE clearly see a lot, quite rightly, in all 3 of them.

And I stand by that Bryan/Ambrose remark - fans aren't happy with the idea of Reigns main-eventing Mania it seems but then beyond Ambrose and Bryan I fail to see what realistic name they'd be happy with facing Brock at WM31.
    Still my wish for WM31 as ever is that Rollins leaves it as World Champion after cashing in MITB - simple as. :D

Yeah I know what you mean and I do agree to an extent. Despite Ren's previous proclamations that Rock will be facing Wyatt, the reports are that Vince wants to do Brock vs Rock and Trip wants to do Brock vs Reigns and they are butting heads over it (like everything else obviously. Judging by some sites, Vince says something's black and Trip says it's white and vice versa) . IF Brock is still champion at Mania, I would personally prefer Vince's option because right now, i don't think Reigns main eventing Mania is the best thing for him. And I say that as somebody who isn't crazy about part timers and isn't really a fan of Brock or Rock.

And I too think all three will be ok in WWE. Rollins vs Ambrose has probably been the best booked feud of the summer and Reigns has been on top since they split.

I would like Rollins to cash in and win at Mania too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know what you mean and I do agree to an extent. Despite Ren's previous proclamations that Rock will be facing Wyatt, the reports are that Vince wants to do Brock vs Rock and Trip wants to do Brock vs Reigns and they are butting heads over it (like everything else obviously. Judging by some sites, Vince says something's black and Trip says it's white and vice versa) . IF Brock is still champion at Mania, I would personally prefer Vince's option because right now, i don't think Reigns main eventing Mania is the best thing for him. And I say that as somebody who isn't crazy about part timers and isn't really a fan of Brock or Rock.

And I too think all three will be ok in WWE. Rollins vs Ambrose has probably been the best booked feud of the summer and Reigns has been on top since they split.

I would like Rollins to cash in and win at Mania too.

We seem to agree on so much lol.

The mischievous side of me would quite like to see Bryan face Lesnar at WM31 and win only for Rollins to immediately cash in MITB and win the title from Bryan. :D

Hollie, it will be Rock v Wyatt - the Ren said so. How can you doubt his insiders? ;-)

And of those two options I think HHH's option is by far the better - I'm not 100% convinced Reigns is totally ready for a WM main-event yet but what purpose does a WM main-event between 2 part-timers serve? At least if Reigns won you get some benefit beyond that month from it and you create a new long-term main-eventer.
    And while I'm not sure Reigns is 100% ready yet, it's hardly as if he's dreadful is it?

And to be honest if WWE want to get people fully behind him again nearer WM, it's simple. Have the final 3 of the Rumble be Reigns, Cena and Big Show. People will then be cheering for Reigns to main-event in no time with those alternatives. :D
    Forum Member
    Just read this:
    According to The Wrestling Observer, there are many reasons why a John Cena heel turn is not “best for business,” and all of them are financial.

With Daniel Bryan injured and CM Punk gone from the company, John Cena’s merchandise is said to be outselling that of the rest of the WWE roster combined.

Additionally, WWE live events which feature John Cena average about $60,000 more than live events which do not feature Cena. Furthermore, in cities WWE has run several times in the past, shows in which Cena appears do much better than non-Cena events.

This can't be true surely. He can't really be outselling the entire roster combined.

I mean I've always understood why they don't turn him heel, and I will stand by what I've said previously that if we were Vince and if he was making us the money he makes the company I doubt anybody would seriously consider changing him, but that really has to be an exaggeration.
    Forum Member
    We seem to agree on so much lol.

The mischievous side of me would quite like to see Bryan face Lesnar at WM31 and win only for Rollins to immediately cash in MITB and win the title from Bryan. :D

Hollie, it will be Rock v Wyatt - the Ren said so. How can you doubt his insiders? ;-)

And of those two options I think HHH's option is by far the better - I'm not 100% convinced Reigns is totally ready for a WM main-event yet but what purpose does a WM main-event between 2 part-timers serve? At least if Reigns won you get some benefit beyond that month from it and you create a new long-term main-eventer.
    And while I'm not sure Reigns is 100% ready yet, it's hardly as if he's dreadful is it?

And to be honest if WWE want to get people fully behind him again nearer WM, it's simple. Have the final 3 of the Rumble be Reigns, Cena and Big Show. People will then be cheering for Reigns to main-event in no time with those alternatives. :D

I really like that Mania idea :D Not only would it get Bryan another major pop, it will really help to cement Rollins as a heel lol. He would get major booooos. And it would be nice to see a heel on top at Mania. Too much nicey nice and "oh what a fantastic moment let's all cry" (exaggeration) by the announcers lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like that Mania idea :D Not only would it get Bryan another major pop, it will really help to cement Rollins as a heel lol. He would get major booooos. And it would be nice to see a heel on top at Mania. Too much nicey nice and "oh what a fantastic moment let's all cry" (exaggeration) by the announcers lol.

They should employ me as a writer - I come up with some pretty good ideas every so often lol (just so Vince can reject them).

The sight of Bryan fans in floods of tears would make it even sweeter for me. :D

And like you I like the idea of a heel ending Mania the winner (especially if it were Seth) In a way Lesnar winning at WM30 was good in terms of being a change from the good guy winning every Mania.

And I'm tempting fate a lot (and saying this will probably cause him to get a losing streak gimmick now) but right now Seth is being booked well for a MITB winner, and not just losing to everyone in sight like some previous winners *cough Sandow have/did cough*, which I really like.
    I apologise Seth for the dreadful booking I've probably caused for you now with that comment. :(:D
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dirtsheets telling half-truths and often outright lies - never! :D

People wouldn't turn on Reigns if he could cut a good promo or work a top notch match. He's nowhere near ready to carry a leading programme and even if fans were totally behind him going into a Mania feud with Brock, Heyman would dance around him on the mic so effortlessly that I think his credibility would be undermined. Another problem really is that the best pushes come from fans organically getting behind someone. Yeah WWE can make someone look strong and then fans will get on the bandwagon but the issue is that the fans aren't behind Reigns to a sufficient level for their plans. So if they push him to that level without him first garnering the appropriate support then it's going to seem like he's being forced on us by Vince and that's where the fans turn. It's not even a case of fans refusing to support a certain type of wrestler. The last mega push that I can think of that was generated by organic fan support (before Bryan that is) is Batista back in 2005. WWE wanted Orton vs Triple H at Mania that year but they teased a bit of dissent between Batista and Evolution months before and fans completely ate it up to the extent that they decided to turn Dave into a mega babyface. Makes it all the more ironic that his forced babyface push last year died on its arse so spectacularly.

That's why I think Bryan or even Ambrose have to get the Mania title match. Bryan will get an epic pop on his return and that momentum can easily be harnessed. Ambrose'so mic work and character can launch him into the stratosphere if this Rollins feud goes how it should.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read this:

This can't be true surely. He can't really be outselling the entire roster combined.

I mean I've always understood why they don't turn him heel, and I will stand by what I've said previously that if we were Vince and if he was making us the money he makes the company I doubt anybody would seriously consider changing him, but that really has to be an exaggeration.

Obviously that says a lot about how Cena is so popular etc. but it also is a bit of an indictment on WWE's failure to make new stars. The ideal position would surely be to have others just beneath Cena's level or similar to it so that they could turn him if they wanted and have someone else ready to go. I mean, if they had build up a couple of babyfaces to be just behind Cena then they could be made into megastars by feuding with him once he turned heel. I get that they are in a process of star building now but in the time between now and when Ambrose, Reigns etc. are actually on top, they're going to suffer for their years of crap booking. If John Cena is the only person on TV who is treated like a star, then it's not a surprise that he's the only one who draws like a star.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    People wouldn't turn on Reigns if he could cut a good promo or work a top notch match. He's nowhere near ready to carry a leading programme and even if fans were totally behind him going into a Mania feud with Brock, Heyman would dance around him on the mic so effortlessly that I think his credibility would be undermined. Another problem really is that the best pushes come from fans organically getting behind someone.

Yeah WWE can make someone look strong and then fans will get on the bandwagon but the issue is that the fans aren't behind Reigns to a sufficient level for their plans. So if they push him to that level without him first garnering the appropriate support then it's going to seem like he's being forced on us by Vince and that's where the fans turn. It's not even a case of fans refusing to support a certain type of wrestler. The last mega push that I can think of that was generated by organic fan support (before Bryan that is) is Batista back in 2005. WWE wanted Orton vs Triple H at Mania that year but they teased a bit of dissent between Batista and Evolution months before and fans completely ate it up to the extent that they decided to turn Dave into a mega babyface. Makes it all the more ironic that his forced babyface push last year died on its arse so spectacularly.

That's why I think Bryan or even Ambrose have to get the Mania title match. Bryan will get an epic pop on his return and that momentum can easily be harnessed. Ambrose'so mic work and character can launch him into the stratosphere if this Rollins feud goes how it should.

Problem for me is though that we hear from fans how it's always the same main-eventers and how they want new ones - yet suddenly when WWE listen and have decided to have Reigns start to compete in and around that level people are complaining. What do people actually want WWE to do? And no wonder Vince is often sometimes so hesitant to listen to everything fans say sometimes if they contradict themselves so often.

I do think Reigns is the 3rd best option though for the WM main-event because as I say bar Bryan and Ambrose no other obvious WM main-eventers come to mind that a large majority of online fans wouldn't whine about or rebel against.

I'd favour Ambrose of the realistic options.
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Obviously that says a lot about how Cena is so popular etc. but it also is a bit of an indictment on WWE's failure to make new stars. The ideal position would surely be to have others just beneath Cena's level or similar to it so that they could turn him if they wanted and have someone else ready to go. I mean, if they had build up a couple of babyfaces to be just behind Cena then they could be made into megastars by feuding with him once he turned heel. I get that they are in a process of star building now but in the time between now and when Ambrose, Reigns etc. are actually on top, they're going to suffer for their years of crap booking. If John Cena is the only person on TV who is treated like a star, then it's not a surprise that he's the only one who draws like a star.

Like I say, I can't believe he's outselling everybody else combined. I can believe he's the #1 merch seller without a doubt but not to that extent. And then there are morons that say "Cena isn't best for business". Creatively that is probably true but best for actual business, he surely is.

I agree on their need to build new stars and have said in the past they've failed. But your comment also got me thinking, did they create many new stars between the likes of Austin, Trip, Angle, Rock and the rise of Cena, Orton, Batista and Edge in the mid 00s? I'm talking literally WWE made them a star (or they became a star in WWE) as opposed to the Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Booker types that were already known from WCW.

I guess what I'm asking is have WWE always had the problem where they find a batch of new guys and then rest on their asses and ride them as far as they can or is it a relatively recent thing since the Cena, Edge, Orton generation?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem for me is though that we hear from fans how it's always the same main-eventers and how they want new ones - yet suddenly when WWE listen and have decided to have Reigns start to compete in and around that level people are complaining. What do people actually want WWE to do? And no wonder Vince is often sometimes so hesitant to listen to everything fans say sometimes if they contradict themselves so often.

I do think Reigns is the 3rd best option though for the WM main-event because as I say bar Bryan and Ambrose no other obvious WM main-eventers come to mind that a large majority of online fans wouldn't whine about or rebel against.

I'd favour Ambrose of the realistic options.

People want WWE to deliver a product they want to see. I mean, it's all well and good to say that they are doing what people want by trying to push a new main eventer but as you acknowledge yourself, he's clearly not ready yet. He needs to move gradually up the card in my opinion to give him a chance to get good at singles. I mean, if they decided that Fandango was going to be pushed to the moon would anyone say "well at least they're making a new star"? No, because Fandango isn't what people want to see. It's not enough to simply decide who the next star is and then have them say, "well, he's new and that's what you want." They need to make sure that he's someone that the fans are fully behind before making the push. It's pretty hard to do it the opposite way about and I can't remember many scenarios where the fan support comes after the mega push.

Continued here: World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXV (Spoilers)
This discussion has been closed.