Big Brother AllStars 2

Comments

• Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    This upcoming season will probably have the most players represented in the next All Stars, just like the first All Stars, BB6 had the most housemates chosen, as it was the most recent. So I think a lot of housemates are going to miss the cut, especially if BB12 is popular.

I think the only gauranteeds (bearing in mind that they accept) are Dick, Dan, Jen and Jeff. There are plenty of 'very likely' housemates, but it'll be more up in the air if they are a lot of popular housemates in BB12.

But I'm sure BB13 will be the next All Stars.

I think i'd add Eric to that group too - I really cant see them doing an Allstars without him, the only question would be if they let him play for himself or for America again. :p

Other than that though I really have no idea who would be in the cast. The women's side suffers from having players who could in theory return, but are all to similar to be in the same house, so you cant even say for sure with them. (Jordan, Daniele, Keesha, Jessica) Im totally expecting a few random women to show up, just for some diversity. For that same reason, I have to agree that Jen is a lock if she wants it, because lets face it, there is NOBODY quite like Jen. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, in regards to my long post earlier in the thread, I think its safe to say Matt BB9 will NOT be returning. :p
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, Eric! I forgot to add him. Yes, he's another for sure, because they'd let him play without America.

And you're right that a lot of the female housemates are similar. I'd prefer Keesha or Jessica out of those mentioned. But Jordan and Daniele are just as likely to be picked.
  • 3rd World Disco3rd World Disco Posts: 22,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want Keesha without Daniele.
    Chained together in a soundproof room for an endurance task.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, Eric! I forgot to add him. Yes, he's another for sure, because they'd let him play without America.

And you're right that a lot of the female housemates are similar. I'd prefer Keesha or Jessica out of those mentioned. But Jordan and Daniele are just as likely to be picked.

I suppose it comes down to whether they want many old alliances to be reunited or new ones to form. Daniele and Jordan both have a guaranteed alliance if they were to return because Dick and Jeff are absolute locks for the series. I guess you could say Keesha does to in Dan, but I dont think she'd necessarily allign with him like the other two would allign with their parnters.

I've got a feeling that if only one of the four is cast, it'd be Jordan - which would be a real shame because the other three actually have game and are probably just as likeable too. (Well maybe not Danielle)

I could see this series actually just being filled with personalities because the second wave of games hasnt exactly been filled with prolific players.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek: I'm not getting on your badside anytime soon! :eek:
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LMAO! :D ....and I guess the chances of this happening have improved since Dani has un-blonded herself.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I could see this series actually just being filled with personalities because the second wave of games hasnt exactly been filled with prolific players.

Id disagree there as you couldnt exactly call the majority of the BB6 players prolific players, same with the majority of BB3 and 4. There was still a good mix of players though. I think its just now players are a lot more observant of tell-tale signs of a possibly strategically strong player. In fact its this behaviour which made BB11 more of a hotbed for strategy.

BB8
    Major: Danielle, Eric, Dick (The Donatos played the house easily and Eric played well to compensate for his giant disadvantage of the AC)
    Okay: Jessica (Again a good player but one who missed several opportunities)
    Minor: Kail, Dustin (Kail knew what to do, make alliances but failed to compensate when things were not going well and Dustin did okay but volunteering to be the other nom is bad)

BB9
    Major: Um... (yeah.... call me back with this one)
    Okay: Sharon, Sheila... Um... (Sharon played a giant under the radar game only to get screwed at the end while Sheila played a more up-front game to get her way)
    Minor: Ryan, James, Natalie (Ryan played well but made a lot of un-needed promises, James was the veto king and little else while Natalie solidified the anti-james brigade and kept it together with Shielas help)

BB10
    Major: Dan (No question here)
    Okay: Memphis, Libra, Keesha (Memphis for floating to the end with a UTR play, Libra for flipping the house several times and Keesha for making the right plays at the right time when she could)
    Minor: Brian (right idea, wrong execution)

BB11
    Major: Michelle, Kevin, Jessie (Michelle and Kevin both played similar games, both played very dan-like games by mixing both strategy and personality. Jessie meanwhile with a selection of wins and near air-tight alliances had a potentially perfect game set out if not for the Coup)
    Okay: Jeff, Russell, Natalie (Jeff was good but not that good, he did backstab too soon after all. Russell also played a good game and was screwed by Kevin and Natalies lie and hence why Natalie is here despite really screwing up everywhere else
    Minor: Ronnie (Same as Brian, right ideas, wrong execution)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think I phrased myself well. What I meant to say was that the players who made the Allstars were pretty good players - not all great, but on the whole strong. I think in this second bunch of games there have been far fewer players who are worth bringing back for playing good game.s

I'd say there were better players from the first games than the second. Will, Danielle, Alison, James, Diane and Nakomis were back in the game primarily because they were strong players the first time around, and most of the others were at least half-decent in their first season. The only real poor player going into Allstars was Howie, and George and to an extent Boogie were untested. Janelle, Kaysar, Jase and Erika were all personality choices but were all solid at the game too.

This time around there are so few genuinely strong players to come from the second set of games - like you say, in part because the players are more aware of what to look for and what works in the game. I think last season in particular was very character driven - there was no particular dominant player, just a few good players and a few fair ones. I hope this upcoming series has a player who has a really controlling and strong game - a female would be nice, I cant remember the last time a female controlled the game... Diane perhaps? Maggie was more group based. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'd love a new Danielle Reyes type female player this season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd even settle for a Survivor Parvati style player - its really time a woman won Big Brother again, and not by default. :p
  • PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see someone like Parvati or Cirie in there, too.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt call Janelle/Kaysar really good players actually. Janelle powered through more on winning comps and Kaysar is highly overrated. Jase played an Jessie-a-like game but worse. Erika was the only real anywhere decent player of the ones you mentioned last really.

As for the others
    Will - Yes
    Danielle - Yes
    James - Yes
    Alison - Uh... No. She played a Janelle 'Win, Win Win' game the first time and made too many promises.
    Diane - Ew. Maybe...
    Nakomis - If only for the 5 finger play

Howie - Hah
    George - Hah
    Boogie - Hah, tailed Will all the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Boogie deserved his win, but I think he gets a hard time. He did win some important challenges, and he managed to sway George in to nominating Howie right before the ceremony. Significant moves. Yeah Will is by far the superior player, and Boogie wouldn't have even been there if not for Will, but Boogie wasn't as useless as some people claim he was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesbuc wrote: »
    I wouldnt call Janelle/Kaysar really good players actually. Janelle powered through more on winning comps and Kaysar is highly overrated. Jase played an Jessie-a-like game but worse. Erika was the only real anywhere decent player of the ones you mentioned last really.

As for the others
    Will - Yes
    Danielle - Yes
    James - Yes
    Alison - Uh... No. She played a Janelle 'Win, Win Win' game the first time and made too many promises.
    Diane - Ew. Maybe...
    Nakomis - If only for the 5 finger play

Howie - Hah
    George - Hah
    Boogie - Hah, tailed Will all the time

I think that Janelle and Kaysar are by far the most overated players ever, but there have been far worse. Janelle's game in BB6 wasnt bad, though in Allstars she sucked. Kaysar lives off one decent move that didnt really work in BB6, and shouldnt have been an Allstar, but he had a little smidgen of game. :p

I guess Alison is very similar in a way to a certain someone from a similar show who shall remain nameless. But saying that she did play the game pretty well - at the very least she was aware that she needed to go up against someone just as hated as her - there was no reason really why she couldnt beat Jun, the votes just didnt go her way. :p

Diane was a really good player who I think doesnt get enough credit around here. She was just very naive when it came to Drew. To be honest though, I dont think Drew planned on taking out Diane until the very last days. (I recall he was planning on letting her win the endurance challenge until she slipped) Diane played a winners game - she just got sloppy at the end. If she had gone to the final two, she'd have won the game. (I believe Jase and Nakomis backed that up on Allstars feeds)

Nakomis was a pretty good player too. I know the six finger plan was her only really defining move but she positioned herself very well throughout the game, and only lost because Diane flipped on her and Karen. Not the best of players, but considering the huge social disadvantage she had, a very good player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never rated Nakomis, she had that one good move, apart from that I find the love for her completely over-the-top.

Diane was a far better player than Nakomis, and should really have been in the Final 2 with Drew, instead of bloody Cowboy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Boogie deserved his win, but I think he gets a hard time. He did win some important challenges, and he managed to sway George in to nominating Howie right before the ceremony. Significant moves. Yeah Will is by far the superior player, and Boogie wouldn't have even been there if not for Will, but Boogie wasn't as useless as some people claim he was.

I think a convincing Boogie argument could be made, but I saw him as nothing more than Will's sidekick. I get the feeling that Will was happy to let Boogie take joint credit for what they did so his mate could win. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I think a convincing Boogie argument could be made, but I saw him as nothing more than Will's sidekick. I get the feeling that Will was happy to let Boogie take joint credit for what they did so his mate could win. :p

I think Chilltown went into BB7 with the understanding that they were both playing for Boogie to win. Their Operation Doubledate was a resounding success, but the only way to keep it on the rails was to keep Erika and Janelle apart. Boogie could easily have kept the deluded Erika busy :p ......but chose not to. He knew if Will made it to the jury he would win hands down. Maybe the ultimate cut throat move though I think Will allowed it to happen too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Boogie had any idea that Will was going to be evicted. Will knew, he told Mike as much but Mike refused to believe. I think Mike's reaction to Will's eviction was genuine, his jaw was on the floor. He was so sure that Chill Town would be the Final 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    I think Chilltown went into BB7 with the understanding that they were both playing for Boogie to win. Their Operation Doubledate was a resounding success, but the only way to keep it on the rails was to keep Erika and Janelle apart. Boogie could easily have kept the deluded Erika busy :p ......but chose not to. He knew if Will made it to the jury he would win hands down. Maybe the ultimate cut throat move though I think Will allowed it to happen too.

It's possible :p You really can never know with Dr. Kirby. :p It would make sense though considering he apparently refused to return unless Boogie was allowed back too. I dont know that Boogie wanted Will on the jury though - he seemed pretty shocked that Janelle and Erika would possibly discuss things - far to shocked for a BB winner to be honest. :o

*Shudder* I just had a horrible feeling that Dick might do the same thing - refuse to play unless Daniele is allowed back with him. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dick and Daniele aren't talking, the last I heard anyway. So we may not have to worry about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dick and Daniele aren't talking, the last I heard anyway. So we may not have to worry about that.

Made my day :D I could cope with one of them coming back, but both would just be hell. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Boogie had any idea that Will was going to be evicted. Will knew, he told Mike as much but Mike refused to believe. I think Mike's reaction to Will's eviction was genuine, his jaw was on the floor. He was so sure that Chill Town would be the Final 2.

Boogie did a lot of mugging for the cameras and other HG's that season. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    Boogie did a lot of mugging for the cameras and other HG's that season. :cool:

True, but he didnt really gain anything from that reaction - if anything, he made Janelle and Erika look better to the jury for outsmarting him. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that because His Evelness disapproves of his darling daughter sh@gging Ollie? If there's $500k to be won again.....they'll get over it :D