What's for Dinner tonight? (Part 6)

Comments

• AltheyaAltheya Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a mixture this eve:
    Jame Oliver sexy salad (figs, mozarella, basil and proscuitto)
    Pasta with vegetable pesto
    Asparagus

Nice and summery (despite how cold it is today) but looking forward to it :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I think I'm having vegetable soup, I don't know what the rest of the family are having.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    baked potatoes with cheese :(
  • GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulmaster wrote: »
    sounds good

It was ! But a boring old Monday night pasta slosh-up tonight.
  • GG86GG86 Posts: 8,598
    Forum Member
    Gnocchi in arrabiata and salami sauce with salad, coleslaw and garlic bread. My four year old and other half bolted it down so it must've passed the test :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    pasta with tomato & garlic sauce and aubergine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to college tonight, so have had my usual tea and toast (although this time with my nice wild garlic bread) when I got in.
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Tuna steak with jacket potato and spinach.
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lambs liver with onion gravy, mash, cauliflower, and carrots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    pasta with tomato & garlic sauce and aubergine

Snap! :)
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halloumi and parmesan potatoes, with a tomato and onion salad
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish & Chips
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Griddled Aubergine and rocket salad with mozarella and balsamic dressing.
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quorn Shepherds Pie, Broccoli, Carrots
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken breasts breaded in spicy breadcrumbs, home made coleslaw, a big side salad and mashed spuds.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pulled Pork that was in my slow cooker overnight, in ciabatta rolls with gherkins and coleslaw.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Lentil lasagne - yum! My husband won't be too pleased - he'll eat it but spend all night groaning about wind.:rolleyes::D plus a salad too - with red onions ( wind complaint again from OH).:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Halloumi and parmesan potatoes, with a tomato and onion salad

I love halloumi, but don't have it at home much. How do you usually cook it - grilled or fried?
    Forum Member
    the_melon wrote: »
    I love halloumi, but don't have it at home much. How do you usually cook it - grilled or fried?

I don't mean to jump in in an ignorant way but have you tried Delia's Halloumi with caper sauce? Stunning!
    I've tried grilling it - it's ok, but lightly dusted in cornflour and fried in hot rapeseed/sunflower oil etc for a short time is best - too long with either methods dries the cheese out.
    The Delia recipe is in her summer book btw. :)

I could eat some now! There's some in the fridge but calories!:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to jump in in an ignorant way but have you tried Delia's Halloumi with caper sauce? Stunning!
    I've tried grilling it - it's ok, but lightly dusted in cornflour and fried in hot rapeseed/sunflower oil etc for a short time is best - too long with either methods dries the cheese out.
    The Delia recipe is in her summer book btw. :)

Thanks - will try that! :)

ETA - Do it! Sod the calories :D
    Forum Member
    GG86 wrote: »
    Gnocchi in arrabiata and salami sauce with salad, coleslaw and garlic bread. My four year old and other half bolted it down so it must've passed the test :D

I love gnocchi but my lot don't care for it much.:( I've yet to make my own! I will one day!:)
    Forum Member
    Thanks - will try that! :)

ETA - Do it! Sod the calories :D

:D but I'd eat the block! I'll let my halo weigh me down and it's on for Saturday breakfast - the day hubby & I laze, eat too many calories watching Saturday kitchen!:D
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lately I've been marinading it in chilli, garlic, honey and lemon and putting it in a container and cooking it in the Philips Airfryer. Before that I just did the same in the oven and a little oil, but we've griddled it, too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D but I'd eat the block! I'll let my halo weigh me down and it's on for Saturday breakfast - the day hubby & I laze, eat too many calories watching Saturday kitchen!:D

Fair enough - that sounds good! :)
    Lately I've been marinading it in chilli, garlic, honey and lemon and putting it in a container and cooking it in the Philips Airfryer. Before that I just did the same in the oven and a little oil, but we've griddled it, too.

Great thanks Kim, I'll get myself some, very rarely use out griddle, so I'll put that to use.
    Forum Member

Oh! I've never marinaded it!:) good thinking! I can't digeste too much fat so are the air fryers good? I don't deep fat/fry any food?
    ( if I don't reply immediately I'm not ignoring you - I have to do some jobs & will be back later btw).:)
This discussion has been closed.