Leona Lewis - Run - is it Leona's best performance ever?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    It had 80,000 requests I think on Radio 1 after it was first played. Don't think it's gonna fail.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Also added to their A List which is incredibly rare for a live lounge performance, such was its popularity. :)
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geeg wrote: »
    It's no Snow Patrol. The transmission between galaxies was Very wobbly. It's hard to take a song so well known and get people on my planet used to hearing it done by someone else. It was bound to fail before it started, on planet Geeg.

fixed! :D
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought "Forgive me" was her next song and the one she was singing on the x factor:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    It had 80,000 requests I think on Radio 1 after it was first played. Don't think it's gonna fail.

8000 within the first 2 mins of Moyles' show the next day. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is >>>>>> Than Snow Patrol !!!!!
    Leona is The Best!!

>>>> ...That is Greater than isn't it!
  • nicola001nicola001 Posts: 8,102
    Forum Member
    :+O live ??
    She is Amazing !!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    It's an excellent version, far superior to the original which I thought was pretty boring to be honest :o:) Looking forward to seeing her perform it tomorrow :)
  • dufa13dufa13 Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the greatest fan of Leona's but I absolutley love her cover of Run because it actually does give me goosebumps. I am excited for her performing it tomorrow especially as it will show some of them up on how bad they are in comparison.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »
    I think it's one of her best vocal performances yes. I love it because I enjoy the start just as much as the end. The quieter moments as the song builds up and her phrasing is beautiful, and of course the climax with her soaring voice is amazing. :) Really can't wait to see her perform it on Saturday, I just hope they don't cut it down as the full version is just over 5minutes long.

That is exactly my fear and the first thing I thought about when I heard she's gonna sing it on the show.
    Because this song needs to be build up gradually in order to have the emotional impact and crescendo. So if they're gonna cut its time by half it might hurt the performance, and that would be a shame.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Leona and all her ooing and eeing and faffing around in songs but I quite like this.
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    I don't like Leona and all her ooing and eeing and faffing around in songs but I quite like this.

LOL those words are funny :D:D

I think her performance tonight will rival Bleeding Love's from last year in terms of staging if they get it right - it literally could be epic.

Vocally, Live Lounge is for me the best I've EVER heard Leona sing - the Bleeding Love vocal is better than the studio version and so is her Run vocal.

She will KILL it tonight - Leona doesn't turn in dud performances. I can't wait :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I think Snow Patrol's version conveys more emotion and in my opinion it is far better than the lovely Leona Lewis' version. Snow Patrol may not sound as nice as Leona but as I said I believe the emotions of what they are saying more than Leona
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    I thought "Forgive me" was her next song and the one she was singing on the x factor:confused:
    Keep up! ;):p

Forgive Me has been, charted, and gone..

Its all about Run now:D
  • toepokertoepoker Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I know that 'Run' is available to download as a single now, but does anyone know, is it to be released as a single CD that will sell in the shops before Christmas?
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toepoker wrote: »
    I know that 'Run' is available to download as a single now, but does anyone know, is it to be released as a single CD that will sell in the shops before Christmas?

Nothing confirmed yet, its a download-only release as far as we know. It is getting a physical in Germany though (available to import through amazon.de) so the UK might get one in time for Xmas as well.

If it does get one, I'd expect it to be in time for the Xmas week.
    spiidey wrote: »
    LOL those words are funny :D:D

I think her performance tonight will rival Bleeding Love's from last year in terms of staging if they get it right - it literally could be epic.

Vocally, Live Lounge is for me the best I've EVER heard Leona sing - the Bleeding Love vocal is better than the studio version and so is her Run vocal.

She will KILL it tonight - Leona doesn't turn in dud performances. I can't wait :cool:

Hmmm my prediction radar has been off recently but I got that one spot on :D:D
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever been affected by another Leona song as much. It actually gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it - she puts so much emotion into it [especially evident when you watch her live performance on X Factor on Youtube]. I love it so, so much.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always enjoyed her voice but this is breath takingly stunning.
  • toepokertoepoker Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    But is 'Run' going to be released as a single before Christmas?

If it is, it could be Christmas number 1, or maybe number 2.

Does anyone know for sure?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her only breathtaking performance for me was The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face which was exquisite and followed on from her performance of Bleeding Love

Both performances http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L04xKqtHoGM

I really started taking Leona very seriously after this performance.

Run is good but I prefer SP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Have to admit as a die-hard Patrol fan I was outraged that Leona - a POP star - had chosen to cover the anthemic Run........

However I was blown away by what she did with the song and have to take my hat (if I wore one) off to her....!

Plus when I heard she was doing Run, all I could picture was her in a big ball gown doing all the things in the Run video that Gary Lightbody et al do in their video for Run ie. Dirt-biking in a muddy field, wading through streams and waving flares around in the dark....made me chuckle! :D
  • Blue RainBlue Rain Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I *did* love it, but her diction is awful.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue Rain wrote: »
    I *did* love it, but her diction is awful.

Never heard that one before about it, but fair enough. I can understand everything she sings perfectly though.
  • Blue RainBlue Rain Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Never heard that one before about it, but fair enough. I can understand everything she sings perfectly though.

I can't.

The chorus is fine, but the verses aren't. Don't get me wrong, I love Leona and think "Run" is fantastic, but IMO her diction needs to be improved.