South Park The Stick of Truth

TellyAddickTellyAddick Posts: 347
Forum Member
This game is out next Tuesday and I'm debating if I should get it on release as I'm a big big fan of the show but most of the spin off games related to Southpark have been kind of disappointing to say the least.

I know the shows creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have had a big input into the game and I know that they insisted that the game would only be made if it could faithfully represent the show's unique 2D look, which is based on the style of cutout animation.

Perhaps this could be a good game or perhaps it may be like the recently dreadful Family guy game that just got recently released (I hope not)

anyway what do you all think anyone here getting it?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game has no date, it isn't out on Tuesday!
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it delayed because of THQ going under and Ubisoft picking up the rights to the game?

Still really looking forward to it though, love that Matt & Trey have had so much input and the trailers have made me laugh, I think Obsidian have it in them to make this something really fun.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only release info tied to this is "Q1 2013". That's from the press store. Nothing else has been said.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I think the chances of it being as terrible as the Family Guy game are slim. Then again, the premise isn't funny (their parodies never are) and the games it is apparently emulating aren't all that enjoyable to me, so I guess it could be equally unenjoyable in a way of its own.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it delayed because of THQ going under and Ubisoft picking up the rights to the game?

It is delayed because SPDS claim that they own the rights to the game so it should never have been in the THQ auction, meaning Ubisoft buying the rights was worthless.

Personally I hope SPDS win the case.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If THQ didn't get their permission to pass on the property to another distributor than SPS are right for trying to block that move going ahead.

Wonder where this game will eventually land.
  • TellyAddickTellyAddick Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    The game has no date, it isn't out on Tuesday!

I was going by the date on the trailer March 5th which is this tuesday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkZHv-9e2ro

I wasn't aware of all this business regarding THQ and SPS
    I'm sad to hear it's going to be delayed.

let's hope it dosn't get delayed to long and turn into another Duke Nukem Forever
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It should be out April ish. SPS is not trying to kill it - does them no good - they are just trying to get a bigger cut. Summer is a dead zone and september is too crowded so someone will fold in the next month or so.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    This has now been delayed until March next year!:(

7 minute gameplay trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbMBx9bZic

Looks amazing!

Hopefully the delay means a next gen version.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delayed again?! :cry:

But looks amazing if your a fan. Professor Chaos! :D
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »

I hope so! This is the last current gen game I was looking forward too but don't have a current gen console anymore so would've missed out :( I love South Park and actually watching last night's new episode at the moment
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I hope so! This is the last current gen game I was looking forward too but don't have a current gen console anymore so would've missed out :( I love South Park and actually watching last night's new episode at the moment

At the end of the trailer it just shows the game cases for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. I'm doubting a next-gen version to be honest.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    This has now been delayed until March next year!:(

7 minute gameplay trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbMBx9bZic

Looks amazing!

"I'm sure they're going to rape her. Don't let them rape Princess Kenny!". I cracked up ;(
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I liked the option to skip Jimmy's stuttering :D
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delayed again? No way I was totally looking forward to this and the gameplay got me super excited and it would have been an awesome we game leading to Xmas :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game is now available to pre-purchase on Steam (release date of March 6th) for the low low price of £40

Waited for this game since Day 1 (a long time ago now), looks like i'll be waiting a further 11 months before it goes on a decent discount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or you can buy it on amazon or zavvi for £28. Game is a steamworks title so is redeemable on Steam.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tie in games have a very long and crap history. I will hold out for a while on this one until some reviews and videos are up. Not to mention the potential for issues as this was originally a THQ game but of course they went under.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Tie in games have a very long and crap history. I will hold out for a while on this one until some reviews and videos are up. Not to mention the potential for issues as this was originally a THQ game but of course they went under.

The creators of South Park have been working very closely with this game and Obsidian are good developers so I have faith.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then again, the premise isn't funny (their parodies never are)

I take it you never saw A Nightmare On Face Time (which is an obvious parody of The Shining).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game won't have UPlay on PC, so that is a bonus.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Anyone know where i can pre-order a digital copy for cheap. Best I can find is £40. I know i can get a boxed version for about £27, but i'm sooo done with boxes for steam-locked games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can pre-order a digital copy for cheap. Best I can find is £40. I know i can get a boxed version for about £27, but i'm sooo done with boxes for steam-locked games.

Not at the moment. Keep your eye on savygamer.com, though, he usually posts up offers... or HotUKDeals...
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what the PSN pre-order deals will be?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the PSN pre-order deals will be?

I thought I'd seen somewhere that it was 4 extra costumes but I can't find the article now, d'oh!