Jan 13 season starts

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
Forum Member
I can't see this else where so if theres a thread apologies.
Is there anything starting in Jan? Everything I read seems to state Spring :(

Last year didn't we have GOT, Spartacus and Mad Men? or am I making this up?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    thanks :) I was looking for the US start dates if anyone knows them.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    thanks :) I was looking for the US start dates if anyone knows them.

Jan. 8 -- Justified

Jan. 11 -- Banshee

Jan. 13 -- Shameless, Californication, House Of Lies

Jan.21 -- The Following

Jan. 25 -- Spartacus: War Of The Damned

Jan. 30 -- The Americans

Those are the ones I know about, anyway.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/1-2013
    New starters in green
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    thats fab - thanks :)
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re: Banshee - just caught ep1 and am very much impressed - probably helped by me not knowing a jot about the show beforehand -
    thought it was going to be some kinda fantasy shedevil type of affair :)
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    re: Banshee - just caught ep1 and am very much impressed - probably helped by me not knowing a jot about the show beforehand -
    thought it was going to be some kinda fantasy shedevil type of affair :)

You watched the show without having first sought out some information on it? I can't imagine undertaking to watch anything that way, especially something that has to be looked up on the internet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    You watched the show without having first sought out some information on it? I can't imagine undertaking to watch anything that way, especially something that has to be looked up on the internet.

Only CSINY and Fringe come out Sat Morn so I was open to trying something new, and it's a Cinemax show from the creator of True Blood which was enough to give it a go. :) - though to be honest I didn't see the TB connection until the final credits. :p - Saw their Strike Back show so new the kinda thing the channel does and fingers-crossed that this would have a similar feel.

AND within ~5mins you get that Motorcyclist thing that was :eek: so I knew I was in for the rest of the show.

I do love trying out a new show/movie without ANY info and discovering it'sa gem. Methinks there is a "market" for a bare-minimalism approach to reviews/descriptions of tvshows and movies - giving you just enough to conclude if it is a yay or nah withouth giving ANYFIN away about plot twists and the like. I can sorta get that by watching trailers without the sound but methinks someone out there could do it better.
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew nothing about Banshee either, saw it and thought I'd give it a watch as I had nothing better to do, was pleasantly surprised and will probably start to watch it every week now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :internethighfive: :)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/1-2013
    New starters in green

Thanks for this. It reminded me of some shows which had slipped off my list, like the 'Transporter' series, which premiered without my knowledge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Thanks for this. It reminded me of some shows which had slipped off my list, like the 'Transporter' series, which premiered without my knowledge.

It's an excellent site, and well worth setting an account up on so you can flag "your" shows and filter it to just your interest

I use the .ics feed in a calendar widget on my phone so I've got the weeks up and coming shows at a glance.

This page lists all the new inclusions, which I check occasionally. That was where I heard about Banshee for instance, and added it to my watch list.

Shows are added "by request" so the site is not definitive but I've yet to find something I watch that isn't on the list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ just had a look at that site and (after a completely unthorough possibly flawed try) I must say I'm not impressed by the calendar option - the one that shows you what of your fav-shows are on on a specific day. Much prefer the way tvrage dot come does it = they do it in downward list form rather than this across type of affair like how calendars are. Also when you enlarge the screen to see things better (my eyes ain't wot they used to be) days go off the screen, but with tvrage's schedule nothing is lost, just made bigger - but it's horses for courses as the saying goes.

what I got today from tvrage -> http://i49.tinypic.com/10glp52.jpg
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Following looks awesome and it's great to see Kevin Williamson still working in TV... can't wait!!! :) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ just had a look at that site and (after a completely unthorough possibly flawed try) I must say I'm not impressed by the calendar option - the one that shows you what of your fav-shows are on on a specific day. Much prefer the way tvrage dot come does it = they do it in downward list form rather than this across type of affair like how calendars are. Also when you enlarge the screen to see things better (my eyes ain't wot they used to be) days go off the screen, but with tvrage's schedule nothing is lost, just made bigger - but it's horses for courses as the saying goes.

what I got today from tvrage -> http://i49.tinypic.com/10glp52.jpg

Yeah, valid comments, and little point in switching if TV rage gives you all you need anyway, but if you do still want to play...

There are half a dozen flavours of setting on the calendar, that may make it easier to read.

there's also a downward "next airing" view that is simpler and zoom friendly:
    http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/next-airing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) - just one thing though, it doesn't appear to have a discussion forum. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) - just one thing though, it doesn't appear to have a discussion forum. :(

Ah well, for that we have here :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Ah well, for that we have here :D
    Doh!! :o
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have House of Lies back. I know it's not to everyone's taste but I really enjoy it - mind you, I'd watch Kristen Bell read the phone book.