The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also pissed about heat 15. Julia savicheva had one of the best songs ever in ESC...
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Cascada won't flop for Germany. Should be a solid top 10 finish.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahyeah wrote: »
    One question, where were DJ Manian and Yann Peifer tonight when Natalie was on stage? They're part of Cascada too

That is strange. Shouldn't she just be performing under her own name of "Natalie Horner" so rather than "Cascada" if they're not going to bother joining her:confused:

Anyway, we do need a big power ballad entry now. I've been listening to Safura a lot again recently and I do believe she nailed what a contemporary eurovision ballad should sound like with "Drip Drop"...it still sounds great.
    We had Yohanna in 2009 and Safura in 2010 with terrific stand-out ballads, and nothing in that same league since:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yohanna is MUCH better than Safura.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yohanna was boring....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Yohanna is MUCH better than Safura.

I wouldn't say much better. I love both songs anyway. They were quality ballads which were sorely lacking in 2011 and 2012.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of the Slovenian entry this year, what the heck is going on with those dubstep? :o
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    So pleased for the love for Cascada in this thread. Thought DS would have put her in the chavvy scum category as that's who usually buys her music lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    So pleased for the love for Cascada in this thread. Thought DS would have put her in the chavvy scum category as that's who usually buys her music lol.

Natalie may be the "barcadi breezer" dance queen but a total dote and a great live performer.
    We love her:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dephanix02 wrote: »

Chavvy scum won't be multilingual and speak German. That belongs to Cher Lloyd and Cheryl Cole.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in Austria tonight we have the ESC songs and covers of

Yela - Love Shine a Light
    The Bandaloop - Waterloo
    Natália Kelly - Ne partez pas sans moi
    Elija - Euphoria
    Falco Luneau - What's Another Year

Sanremo Marco Mengoni won the televote on night 3 which will count to 25% of the final score. This may or may not weaken his chances of ESC if he goes onto win. I suppose with a win at SR his label might be less enthusiastic. Annalisa came 3rd and Malika 12th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    yeah i had cascada written off completely after that horrendous rip off they released of katy perry's californian gurls

theyre def the best entry by miles so far this year - and she sings it live a lot better than i expected.

would love to see germany host again next year too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    mikey_mac wrote: »
    yeah i had cascada written off completely after that horrendous rip off they released of katy perry's californian gurls

theyre def the best entry by miles so far this year - and she sings it live a lot better than i expected.

would love to see germany host again next year too

Hopefully somewhere a bit more exciting that dusseldorf !
    Forum Member
    Edinboy wrote: »
    Hopefully somewhere a bit more exciting that dusseldorf !

i thought it looked great and seemed like a lovely city

but yes - hamburg would be a great host city
    Forum Member
    So in Austria tonight we have the ESC songs and covers of

Yela - Love Shine a Light
    The Bandaloop - Waterloo
    Natália Kelly - Ne partez pas sans moi
    Elija - Euphoria
    Falco Luneau - What's Another Year

Sanremo Marco Mengoni won the televote on night 3 which will count to 25% of the final score. This may or may not weaken his chances of ESC if he goes onto win. I suppose with a win at SR his label might be less enthusiastic. Annalisa came 3rd and Malika 12th.

I admire anyone who has the dedicaiton to sit through the yawnathon that is San Remo. I tried it one year for a 30 second mention of who've they've picked for eurovision. - not even the song as well (last year) I dont have the time or the inclination
    Forum Member
    i thought it looked great and seemed like a lovely city

but yes - hamburg would be a great host city

Not much to do sight seeing wise (by my research anyway) if your partner is a non esc fan. We went to Oslo the prev year and that was expensive but lovely. A really pretty city
    Forum Member
    sorry to go off topic a lilttle but one year on im still wondering how on earth spain didnt finish top 3 last year
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry to go off topic a lilttle but one year on im still wondering how on earth spain didnt finish top 3 last year

the song didn't sit right with the public vote but 10th was still impressive :)
    Forum Member
    Not much to do sight seeing wise (by my research anyway) if your partner is a non esc fan. We went to Oslo the prev year and that was expensive but lovely. A really pretty city

i love oslo too - my dream is for eurovision to come to london though - the o2 is perfect for it
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    the song didn't sit right with the public vote but 10th was still impressive :)

i had to pick my jaw up off the floor after she performed

azerbaijan too actually (who i had previously written off)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i had to pick my jaw up off the floor after she performed

azerbaijan too actually (who i had previously written off)

Europe tend not to like big shouty ballads anymore. Azerbaijan do well with their support but on ratio that is the worst scoring 4th place song ever.
    Forum Member
    i love oslo too - my dream is for eurovision to come to london though - the o2 is perfect for it

Absolutely ! In our lifetime?:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely ! In our lifetime?:)

Possibly. Unless the standard remains the same imo we're yet to hear the winner. So anyone unrevealed have a real chance.
    Forum Member
    Possibly. Unless the standard remains the same imo we're yet to hear the winner. So anyone unrevealed have a real chance.

fingers crossed its amelia lily
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fingers crossed its amelia lily

Though she'd be a decent, neither of her released songs would win imo So there would need to be a marked improvement
This discussion has been closed.