Where would Leona be if she had released "We Found Love"?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
Lewis seemed to be adamant that "Trouble" should be the lead single from her third album. As a result, "We Found Love", which she recorded before Rihanna, was pushed aside.

"We Found Love" went on to be a massive international success for Rihanna. If Leona had released it, do you think it would have performed as well as it did for Rihanna and in turn have boosted "Glassheart" sales?

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    To be honest Syco probably wouldn't have released it as a single :/
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not just about singing it, its also about how the performer presents it. I could never imagine Leona doing that music video that Rihanna did which generated a lot of interest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could never imagine Leona doing that music video that Rihanna did which generated a lot of interest.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would've just ended up as another 'Collide'. It would've done alright then forgotten about pretty quickly.

I don't think Leona can pull music like that off very well.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    It would've just ended up as another 'Collide'. It would've done alright then forgotten about pretty quickly.

I don't think Leona can pull music like that off very well.

This says different....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-JOA7ln-c
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »

I want to see LeLe present the same energy when she performs that song.

And also didn't Calvin say that Leona's version was a ballad :confused:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I want to see LeLe present the same energy when she performs that song.

And also didn't Calvin say that Leona's version was a ballad :confused:

Leona said it had the same production as Rihanna's....IIRC, Calvin said in an interview that she sings it softly 'like' an X Factor ballad.

I think Leona's version could have seen some success, but probably just like Bounce or something. Rihanna is a huge international star so the song was always going to do well with her, and in turn it boosted his career too. I doubt Leona would have managed the same thing unless she promoted it hard in the US which I feel would have been unlikely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant see Leona putting in the edgyness need for the song to come out like Rihannas did
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah thats fine, I've no doubt she can sing it. But she can't perform uptempo that well. Her promo of Collide wasn't great, she was stood there looking awkward. We Found Love is a massive club song, I doubt it would be if Leona released it.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let be honest, it would flop. Leona doesn't have the star quality as Rihanna has of right now. FYI, I love Leona so don't call me a hater.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really - too slow. Dosent sound anything like her - it could be anyone.

Rhianna's vocals are distinctive, and while not brilliant, they can do this type of record well. Leona's aren't distinctive enough (nor on the track you posted here) and I think this track would not have done a fraction as well done by Leona.
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona shouldnt be going that dance pop route. Of course she could try releasing Glassheart and see the public response afterwards but IMO she should stick with good, not boring ballads like "I See You" or "Trouble".
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her version of We Found Love was a ballad, so no.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be as good as Rihanna's version imo :)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you imagine Leona doing the same kind of video as Rihanna did for it? Ha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsy wrote: »
    Her version of We Found Love was a ballad, so no.

receipts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really wanna hear her version tbh i think she could of pulled it off just cause it`s a dance song doesn`t mean she would have had to jump about whilst performing it
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Leona' label have ruined the Glassheart era.

Glassheart needs to be the next single release it in March.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone said, Leona recorded it as a ballad so it might have sounded like an entirely different song. It would be like Rihanna recording Collide as a dance track.

Also a record sells because of the profile of the artist. Anything that Rihanna releases now is going to be a big hit.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Leona' label have ruined the Glassheart era.

Glassheart needs to be the next single release it in March.

You know Leona can have an input in single choices too, it's ridiculous that she's not trying to push Glassheart and from what I've seen she's not too keen on releasing it as a single either...:(
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she will be in that mystical world called "what if"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    As someone said, Leona recorded it as a ballad so it might have sounded like an entirely different song. It would be like Rihanna recording Collide as a dance track.

Also a record sells because of the profile of the artist. Anything that Rihanna releases now is going to be a big hit.

But she said it had the same production as Rihanna's version though :confused:
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can imagine an irish farmer complaining when leona shoots the vid in his property, lolz!!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't have been as successful as Rihanna.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Glassheart being the hit a lot of Leona fans seem to think it will be, also the production on the track is absolutely dreadful in my opinion.