I want to cancel a Direct Debit with the AA - will I get 'fined' ?

2»

Comments

• CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit of an update:

I rang them and said that the renewal was a bit too steep for me; they looked at their records (or mine rather), and because I hadn't called them out in the last year, they would offer me the online price (about £73 as opposed to about £98). I was happy with that, but then checked the RAC website.

They're offering the same deal for about £69.00, but if I upgrade to a 'Home Start', I'll be more or less paying the same as the AA (except the AA will not have the upgrade).

If I do decide to ring the AA (again), I'll feel a right wally (since I already rang them yesterday for a discount).

What about ringing my car insurance policy ? Do you think they'll offer me the same service for a much lower price ?
  • Charlie_the_catCharlie_the_cat Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    What about ringing my car insurance policy ? Do you think they'll offer me the same service for a much lower price ?
    yes...no....yes....no....can't make my mind up on this one. post the number and i'll give them a call for you!
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes...no....yes....no....can't make my mind up on this one. post the number and i'll give them a call for you!

Come on, Chuck - it was just a question :D

Anyhooo, I did give the insurance company a call, and they said they'll give me breakdown cover (with the RAC) for about £40.00. The reason it's quite cheap is because the cover will only be provided from now until April '09 (since that's when the car insurance runs out).

So in future, I think I'll use the insurance company to buy breakdown cover from, instead of going directly to the AA or RAC.

Remember that, folks :)