James Bond 23 - 'Skyfall'

Comments

• Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Prices of the DVD on new release day.

Morrisons: £9.99/£14.99 Blu-Ray
    Sainsburys: £14.99 (or £7 if you spend over £30 instore) £18.99 Blu-Ray (£12 with £30 spend)
    Tesco: £10/£15 Blu-Ray.
    Asda: As Tesco.

Are HMV which have recently started selling new stock again selling at the RRP?

Had a look in the Dundee one and it was £12 for the DVD so I'll be getting it at ASDA later.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Are there any rules to the Tesco price like minimum spend?
    Forum Member
    BTW whats happened to the Steelbook? On Amazon it says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" :confused:
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Are there any rules to the Tesco price like minimum spend?

It's £10 DVD, £15 Blu Ray, there was no indication this was any kind of offer or how long it would remain at this price.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look forward to finding it on DVD for £1 at my local Cash Converters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    BTW whats happened to the Steelbook? On Amazon it says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" :confused:

It's sold out, think their allocation was taken up within a week of it appearing in the site because it hasn't been available for a week or two now. It seems that this time "Limited Edition" actually really meant that it was limited.

Still not received mine from Amazon despite paying for first class postage, this is the second time in a week that they've failed to deliver something on time with first class. Getting a bit cheesed off to be honest...
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The local Tesco Extra easily had 1,000 copies all over the store.
    Forum Member
    Poo, I wanted that Steelbook :(
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Watched it last night and loved it. But I wish they would put the gun barrel back to the start of the movie where it belongs.

Apparently, their excuse was it didn't fit in with the opening - it would have been perfect, the barrel closing to a little dot, then expanding to reveal Bond in the corridor. Seems ok to me :)
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got it in Sainsbury's last night - £12 for a triple play Blu-ray/DVD/Digital. Minimum spend £30.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to finding it on DVD for £1 at my local Cash Converters.

Good luck in your continuing quest to support the leeches of the UK high-street, rather than the people and the industry which make these films in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads of copies on sale at CeX already. A lot of the stores have four or more copies.

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5039036058285

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5039036058315

People buy it, watch it once, then sell it? People buy it, rip it, sell it? People shoplift it, then sell it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck in your continuing quest to support the leeches of the UK high-street, rather than the people and the industry which make these films in the first place.

Just noticed this. I've already seen Skyfall at the cinema, am not ready to watch it again at the moment, and am going to buy a legitimate copy of the film (for £1. No need to pay more than I have to).
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Sainsburys has nearly sold out of copies. They had a massive display by the front of the store with about 10 copies on DVD left, there was another smaller stand at the back which still had around 30 copies on both formats, while in the main DVD section, they all sold out.

The £7/£12 for a £30 spend has gone down very well with Sainsburys customers in my area at least.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Was in ASDA last night and their display was packed. Either it isn't selling well or they keep it stocked up.

It was in a strange place though. By the doors, but facing you as you were leaving the store. Not sure how many would see the display and think to pick one up and go back the the checkouts.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    My Amazon copy arrived here today- after being shipped on Friday! Excellent service!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think the Bond franchise has run it's course. I can't understand why Skyfall was so well received.

Bring back smutty double-entendres and maybe up the rating to 15 and possibly 18 every so often - that may save the franchise.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    I really think the Bond franchise has run it's course. I can't understand why Skyfall was so well received.

Bring back smutty double-entendres and maybe up the rating to 15 and possibly 18 every so often - that may save the franchise.

So you don't think there should be more even though the demand is clearly there? Surely the fact that Skyfall was so well received clearly shows the franchise doesn't need "saving"
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »

Yes, a franchise thats success level vaults from around $600m in takings to well over a billion is clearly in need of saving.
    Forum Member
    I really don't think there should be an 18 rated Bond. 15 is as high it should go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    So you don't think there should be more even though the demand is clearly there? Surely the fact that Skyfall was so well received clearly shows the franchise doesn't need "saving"

Yes, I think the franchise needs saving. I've read and heard a lot of confusion over how Skyfall was so well received by the critics. The rave reviews is why I chose to see it. Relying on box office numbers is merely painting over the cracks in my opinion. Y'know, if box office info was the benchmark for great films, then films like The Shawshank Redemption must be really shit and, contrary to what the critics think, Adam Sandler is the funniest man alive!
  • D.PageD.Page Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain why the 'Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy' edition of Skyfall contains the DVD copy of the film in NTSC ? :confused:

I watched the DVD copy last night and had to put up with very noticeable motion judder during fast action scenes and panning shots. Why did they not include a PAL DVD copy?
    Forum Member
    Rave reviews and generally very positive reaction from fans and people who've seen it means its well liked IMO, if you didnt like it, fair enough but I dont think the franchise needs "saving" by going back to the cheesier camp days, fun as they were.
    Forum Member
    D.Page wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why the 'Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy' edition of Skyfall contains the DVD copy of the film in NTSC? :confused:

Were you looking at an American copy, or does the UK version have that as well? :confused: