The ' Bring Back IVETA Campaign ' - Brought Iveta Back - Is Iveta New STRICTLY QUEEN?

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
The ' Bring Back IVETA Campaign ' - Brought Iveta Back - Is Iveta The New STRICTLY QUEEN ?

Kristina has widely been regarded as the Queen of Strictly Come Dancing, and rightly so, but now that " Leggy Lithuanian Iveta Lukosiute " is back on Strictly full time, will Kristina be deposed from her throne, and her crown now worn by the lovely and sizzilingly hot Iveta?

" Blonde Iveta, 32, is currently world champion in ten styles of ballroom dancing "

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/317893/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Fab-four-foxtrot-on-to-show-/

What do you like about Iveta ? What don't you like ?

What is Iveta tweeting ?

" @D8Iveta '33m ago' I have some Great News! :-) I am officially one of the new SCD season 11 Pro Dancers :-) I am very happy and... http://fb.me/2mYroLYOa "

https://twitter.com/D8Iveta

What are Iveta's strong points and talents ? Does Iveta have any weak points?

Lets hear about the good and not so good.

Comments

• strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her she is so talented! Plus she seems like a nice person to.
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news - and about time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    The ' Bring Back IVETA Campaign ' - Brought Iveta Back - Is Iveta The New STRICTLY QUEEN ?

Kristina has widely been regarded as the Queen of Strictly Come Dancing, and rightly so, but now that " Leggy Lithuanian Iveta Lukosiute " is back on Strictly full time, will Kristina be deposed from her throne, and her crown now worn by the lovely and sizzilingly hot Iveta?

"Blonde Iveta, 32, is currently world champion in ten styles of ballroom dancing "
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/317893/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Fab-four-foxtrot-on-to-show-/

What do you like about Iveta ? What don't you like ?
    What is Iveta tweeting ?

" @D8Iveta '33m ago' I have some Great News! :-) I am officially one of the new SCD season 11 Pro Dancers :-) I am very happy and... http://fb.me/2mYroLYOa "
    https://twitter.com/D8Iveta

What are Iveta's strong points and talents ? Does Iveta have any weak points? Lets hear about the good and not so good.

I'll start with the good: Never heard of her before she was drafted to fill in for an injured Aliona, but looked up one of her dances on SYTYCD. Outfitted as a sexy policewoman, she announces she is going to "arrest" Nigel for cutting her twice before. The partial routine he lets her complete has the audience cheering and howling her chutzpah in bending over to display her ass-ets, as well as her dancing. It worked and she made finally made the top 20 (but got cut yet again).

She would have to be striking to win the world championship twice. Maks has said all dancers at that level are excellent and that the goal is to catch the judges' eyes, to do something to try to stand out. She proved she can do that.

The almost good: The above article claims she is "currently world champion in ten styles of ballroom dancing." I wondered how she could fit that in with her Strictly touring and discovered that is an apparent exaggeration:

World Ten Dance Champions:

1990 Michael Hull & Patsy Hull-Krogull Germany
    1991 Horst & Andrea Beer Germany
    1992 Horst & Andrea Beer Germany
    1993 Martin & Alison Lamb Great Britain
    1994 Bo & Helle Loft Jensen Denmark
    1995 Kim & Cecilie Rygel Norway
    1996 Kim & Cecilie Rygel Norway
    1997 Gary & Diana McDonald USA
    1998 Michael Hull & Mirjam Zweijsen Germany
    1999 Alain Doucet & Anik Jolicoeur Canada
    2000 Alain Doucet & Anik Jolicoeur Canada
    2001 Alain Doucet & Anik Jolicoeur Canada
    2002 Alain Doucet & Anik Jolicoeur Canada
    2003 Adam & Karen Reeve Iceland
    2004 Alain Doucet & Anik Jolicoeur Canada
    2005 Alessandro Garofolo & Annamaria Bassano Italy
    2006 Stefano Fanasca & Michaela Battisti Italy
    2007 Sergej Diemke & Katerina Timofeeva Germany
    2008 Gherman Mustuc & Iveta Lukosiute USA
    2009 Gherman Mustuc & Iveta Lukosiute USA
    2010 Roman Myrkin and Natalia Biedniagina [1] Ukraine
    2011 Nikolai Pilipenchuk & Natalia Skorikova USA
    2012 Eldar Dzhafarov & Anna Sazina [2] Azerbaijan
    2013 Not yet held. Scheduled for October, 2013.
    http://bit.ly/zQAaDe

2008 and 2009 World Ten Dance Champion, fabulous as that is, does not equal Current World Ten Dance Champion. That was four and five years ago. If it was a misprint, she could have corrected it on her twitter, no?

That said, she appears to be a lovely dancer. Julianne Hough got a career boost when Kym Johnson broke her wrist falling down the temporary stairs near the beginning of the DWTS Tour and Julianne, just 18 and a company dancer for the tour, was tapped to fill in for Kym's sexy cha cha with Joey McIntyre. Producers said, "Wow!!" and immediately sought to sign Julianne as a regular. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfjuhlnizok Derek later said they asked him to be a regular the same time they asked Julianne, but he told them he was busy working in London, so he declined at that time.

Following Julianne's Season 4 win, she and Joey reprised their cha cha on the next tour, leaving Kym virtually forgotten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYgOvCKjvyU

Kym was likewise eclipsed on the 2008-2009 tour when she was ill and had to miss the first two shows. Aliona filled in for Kym, dancing the Viennese Waltz solo with Derek. When Kym returned for the third show--ot 37 cities, with 34 yet to go--she found that Derek asked for Aliona to continue to dance the solo with him, and did so all in but a couple of cities. It was not surprising to fans as many (if not most) preferred to see Derek dance with Aliona. Their styles matched perfectly.

The apparent lesson: Don't get injured or your replacement may eclipse you.
  • jeni28jeni28 Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    thanks for clearing that up Dancingfan8001, I couldn't imagine how you could be current champion either.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll start with the good: Never heard of her before she was drafted to fill in for an injured Aliona, but looked up one of her dances on SYTYCD. Outfitted as a sexy policewoman, she announces she is going to "arrest" Nigel for cutting her twice before. The partial routine he lets her complete has the audience cheering and howling her chutzpah in bending over to display her ass-ets, as well as her dancing. It worked and she made finally made the top 20 (but got cut yet again).

She would have to be striking to win the world championship twice. Maks has said all dancers at that level are excellent and that the goal is to catch the judges' eyes, to do something to try to stand out. She proved she can do that.

The almost good: The above article claims she is "currently world champion in ten styles of ballroom dancing." I wondered how she could fit that in with her Strictly touring and discovered that is an apparent exaggeration:

2008 and 2009 World Ten Dance Champion, fabulous as that is, does not equal Current World Ten Dance Champion. That was four and five years ago. If it was a misprint, she could have corrected it on her twitter, no?

That said, she appears to be a lovely dancer. Julianne Hough got a career boost when Kym Johnson broke her wrist falling down the temporary stairs near the beginning of the DWTS Tour and Julianne, just 18 and a company dancer for the tour, was tapped to fill in for Kym's sexy cha cha with Joey McIntyre. Producers said, "Wow!!" and immediately sought to sign Julianne as a regular. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfjuhlnizok Derek later said they asked him to be a regular the same time they asked Julianne, but he told them he was busy working in London, so he declined at that time.

Following Julianne's Season 4 win, she and Joey reprised their cha cha on the next tour, leaving Kym virtually forgotten: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYgOvCKjvyU

Kym was likewise eclipsed on the 2008-2009 tour when she was ill and had to miss the first two shows. Aliona filled in for Kym, dancing the Viennese Waltz solo with Derek. When Kym returned for the third show--ot 37 cities, with 34 yet to go--she found that Derek asked for Aliona to continue to dance the solo with him, and did so all in but a couple of cities. It was not surprising to fans as many (if not most) preferred to see Derek dance with Aliona. Their styles matched perfectly.

I've looked at Iveta's twitter and this is what it says
    2 Times World Champion 5 Times US National & North American Champion. SYTYCD S8. Pro Dancer on SCD & DWTS @ Sea. Owner of Arthur Murray Manhattan 5th Av studio

So the exaggeration/misreporting seems to be coming from the tabloid article not Iveta's twitter.

I'm keen to see what Iveta can do - I'm not sure if she'll be given a contender because with 2 other new pro girls and the relatively new Karen Hauer - I'm not sure there will be enough talented celebs to share around but I'm sure she'll do her best with whomever she's given.

One thing I am curious to see is what colour hair Iveta will have next series. I think the producers told her to dye her hair to match Aliona's red/copper colour last series and now she's gone back to being blonde. There are only two dark hairded pros - Karen and the new girl Janette - there's already 3 blondes in the pro line up and with Emma and Iveta now joining there'll be 5 - that is if both of them keep their blonde shades. I think maybe one of them will be requested to change their hair colour so the line up doesn't look too blonde like Aliona was told to do when she joined the line up.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Iveta is coming back so at least that is something to look forward to - I just hope that the new dancers are of the same calibre. Fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »

So the exaggeration/misreporting seems to be coming from the tabloid article not Iveta's twitter.

I'm keen to see what Iveta can do - I'm not sure if she'll be given a contender because with 2 other new pro girls and the relatively new Karen Hauer - I'm not sure there will be enough talented celebs to share around but I'm sure she'll do her best with whomever she's given.

One thing I am curious to see is what colour hair Iveta will have next series. I think the producers told her to dye her hair to match Aliona's red/copper colour last series and now she's gone back to being blonde. There are only two dark hairded pros - Karen and the new girl Janette - there's already 3 blondes in the pro line up and with Emma and Iveta now joining there'll be 5 - that is if both of them keep their blonde shades. I think maybe one of them will be requested to change their hair colour so the line up doesn't look too blonde like Aliona was told to do when she joined the line up.

I didn't mean that the 'currently world champion in ten styles of ballroom dancing' came from her twitter, but rather that she could have mentioned a correction on twitter. It's a personal choice but I wouldn't have let that stand if it were me. Not that DailyStar ever makes any mistakes, on purpose or not. ;)

Yes, it will be interesting to see how many female pros are allowed to be blondes.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't believe for one minute that the producers tell Sir Bruce, Craig or Bruno what colour to dye their hair, I think that it is even less likely that the producers would give instructions to the girls on what colour their hair should be dyed.

Hair colour for a woman is a very personal choice and they choose what they feel suits them the best, and not what a man instructs them to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I don't believe for one minute that the producers tell Sir Bruce, Craig or Bruno what colour to dye their hair, I think that it is even less likely that the producers would give instructions to the girls on what colour their hair should be dyed.

Hair colour for a woman is a very personal choice and they choose what they feel suits them the best, and not what a man instructs them to do.

I remember someone here on the forum mentioned that Aliona was asked to die her hair, and since outside of Strictly she always had blond hair I assumed it was true, don't know for certain though
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mean that the 'currently world champion in ten styles of ballroom dancing' came from her twitter, but rather that she could have mentioned a correction on twitter. It's a personal choice but I wouldn't have let that stand if it were me. Not that DailyStar ever makes any mistakes, on purpose or not. ;)

Yes, it will be interesting to see how many female pros are allowed to be blondes.
    Are you sure Iveta reads the Daily Star?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah thanks for clearing that up Dancefan ;) Yes, perhaps if Iveta was aware of the article she should have put a correction in on twitter out of respect to the current world champions.

I hope they do get at least one of the blonde pros to change their hair colour - I want to see at least 3 non blondes in the pro line up - I've nothing against blondies by the way, I just like to see a bit of diversity in hair colour :p:)
  • RichwoodRichwood Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    Good news - and about time.

Agree. For once the BBC have given the viewers something they want, beats dumping the most popular dancers before their sell by date. Just hope Iveta lives up to the good impression she made during her brief first stint on the show last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blackflier wrote: »
    I remember someone here on the forum mentioned that Aliona was asked to die her hair, and since outside of Strictly she always had blond hair I assumed it was true, don't know for certain though

It was me. Aliona wrote all about that (and posted photos) on her Facebook at the time, and asked us all what we thought. We were all complimentary, though I had some reservations, and probably some others did too.

Since then she's made some changes to her Facebook, including reducing the number of Friends, so I doubt any of that is findable at this late date. But I'll see what I can find.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's what I found so far:

From an Exclusive Q&A session on AlionaVilani online:

"8. What is her preferred hair colour and did she choose the raspberry colour she was styling for SCD 2010 or was it chosen for her?

"Aliona: My preferred color is light copper golden blond. However I don’t mind a bit of a change sometimes. There were too many blonds on the show, professionals and celebrities, so I thought going a different color was a good idea for me, however I didn’t expect Strictly to suggest to go such bright red, but I went with it and loved it for the time being

http://www.alionavilani.co.uk/fans/e...ve-qa-session/

"Heidi
Hi 
Please could you tell me how Aliona gets that colour hair, i’ve brought every product in the shops as well as wholesale.
    "Vikki Kelly
I would also love to know? Please, please tell me what you find out, have also tried everything including crazy colours, would really appreciate any help x

"Aliona: Over time I’ve used different shades of red, even mixed a couple of them together but all of them were L’Oreal Professional Permanent Creme Color and you can find more information here:

http://www.lorealprofessionnel.co.uk/products/haircolour-products/classic-permanent-colour/majirel/majirouge
    "Also you can go to any Sally’s beauty shops and you can obtain this hair color there
    http://www.alionavilani.co.uk/fans/exclusive-qa-session/

Here is what I posted at the time on a messageboard: Message 10. Posted by Dancefan8001 (U14111177) Saturday, 22nd August 2009 permalink
    Not really a coincidence there are so many blondes. In fact, they thought there were too many blondes, so Aliona agreed to change her haircolor to red. She just posted the photos of her new hair color on Facebook. 

[snip]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/strictlycomedancing/F14488480?thread=6863133

Here's two of the photos she posted on her Facebook at the time: Her most ardent fans likely kept more of them:

http://alionavilani.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/48033_156027297748205_100000228066795_518741_2440499_n1.jpghttp://graceebrad.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/11549_104276139589988_3597248_n.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah thanks for clearing that up Dancefan ;) Yes, perhaps if Iveta was aware of the article she should have put a correction in on twitter out of respect to the current world champions.

I hope they do get at least one of the blonde pros to change their hair colour - I want to see at least 3 non blondes in the pro line up - I've nothing against blondies by the way, I just like to see a bit of diversity in hair colour :p:)

Don't forget that Rod said that Blondes have more fun.

Anyway, how can we tell if any of the girls are natural blondes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if we have ever had a professional demo of one of the ballroom dances, but I would like to see Iveta and Brendan doing a foxtrot, using a lot of the Hiltons' choreography. The only slight misgivings I have about her is that I have yet to see her doing a proper ballroom dance. I hope her ballroom will not be like those abortions on DWTS.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just wanted to check something I thought Ashly was Joey McIntyre's partner on dwts not kym and that kym was Joey Fatone's partner. Why was Ashly not dancing with Joey instead of kym?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    I don't know if we have ever had a professional demo of one of the ballroom dances, but I would like to see Iveta and Brendan doing a foxtrot, using a lot of the Hiltons' choreography. The only slight misgivings I have about her is that I have yet to see her doing a proper ballroom dance. I hope her ballroom will not be like those abortions on DWTS.

What I meant was I don't want to see a ghastly parody of a ballroom dance like this:

Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Foxtrot - Week 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV44QUIwrvo

but rather more like this:

Lisa and Brendan's Foxtrot - Strictly Come Dancing 2008 Round 11 - BBC One .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M1E4APLIUo

Dancing ability is one thing but keeping to proper form and treating the dance - and the audience - with respect is another matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Just wanted to check something I thought Ashly was Joey McIntyre's partner on dwts not kym and that kym was Joey Fatone's partner. Why was Ashly not dancing with Joey instead of kym?

Ashly was pregnant with her first son, and Kym had not yet been partnered with Joey Fatone. The first tour was between Seasons 3 and 4; Joey Fatone was on Season 4.

Ashly became pregnant before the Season 3 finale, and the tour was after that. Her first son was born July 27, 2007. She left the show prior to the tour and didn't return until Season 10, with Astronaut Buzz Aldrin.

Just came across Joey McIntyre's DWTS tour blog for the second tour, which was after Season 4. Haven't read all of it yet but I see he mentions Joey Fatone. It's here: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1545936_20044059,00.html
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blackflier wrote: »

yes, its true, she was asked to colour her hair, the producers thought there were too many blondes on the show and asked her if she minded becoming a red head :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    yes, its true, she was asked to colour her hair, the producers thought there were too many blondes on the show and asked her if she minded becoming a red head :D

I don't think the producers would try that on with Iveta, we already know her as a blonde, and she is a multiple world champion after all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the producers would try that on with Iveta, we already know her as a blonde, and she is a multiple world champion after all

the producers already have Terry! if you recall, Iveta had red hair when she danced with Johnny and I dont see what being a multiple world champion has to do with changing hair colour but hey ho :D:D
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    "Kristina has widely been regarded as the Queen of Strictly Come Dancing"

Lol, that's wishful thinking but whatever. Iveta seems alright. I think the other new female pros will garner more interest, they seem more outgoing. Either way it's good that there is some fresh blood on the show, hopefully they'll all bring something different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamballe wrote: »
    "Kristina has widely been regarded as the Queen of Strictly Come Dancing"

Lol, that's wishful thinking but whatever. Iveta seems alright. I think the other new female pros will garner more interest, they seem more outgoing. Either way it's good that there is some fresh blood on the show, hopefully they'll all bring something different.

lol has she? is that according to her..... :D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    lol has she? is that according to her..... :D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

It's according to Terry in his OP ;) Nothing against Kristina because I like her but it's a completely ridiculous assertion on Terry's part - nothing new there then!

Many of us have our own personal favourite pros but I think most of us have got enough sense not to declare them king/queen of Strictly!