Stuart Hall admits 14 sexual assaults...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gross! What a henious post. How about you stop being so selfish? Who cares wherever he was someone's entertainment.

I really worry about some of these "special" types on DS who seem to value the golden era of entertainment and their childhood memories more than the safety of the public. Unwell is maybe the politest term I would use to describe people with such a warped sense of priorities, because no remotely well functioning person would ever think that way.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A woman is on Five Live now telling Victoria what happened after she had been invited to Sunbathe on a Terrace with the crew of It's A Knockout.

What a shock she must have got when every single crew member then left - except for Stuart Hall - after she had got comfy on her sunbed!
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because Mr Halls said he did these things he may have not. Terrible lynch mentality here,

Shocking post.....imho.:eek:

Is this forum moderated?:confused:
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dominic Grieve is arguing (at the Court of Appeal) that "some of the sentences should have been made to run consecutively"

Outcome of the hearing is expected in 20 minutes.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/hall-term-inadequate-for-offences-29450590.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get with the law, he was allowed to sign over his house to his wife, to stop it being used as damages when he is sued by the victims, this loophole must be stopped.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because Mr Halls said he did these things he may have not. Terrible lynch mentality here,

Why would he admit to these crimes then? There must have been some things presented to him that made him realise that he wasn't actually going to get off. Decades and decades ago, perhaps, but I highly doubt the coppers threatened him with anything if he didn't admit to these crimes. Going by what you've said, just because ANY paedophile in the country admits to sexually abusing a youngster, this doesn't mean to say they have then? I can imagine the paedophiles loving this attitude within the law. I think your post might have been to get a reaction, but I thought I'd reply to it anyway.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    What I don't get with the law, he was allowed to sign over his house to his wife, to stop it being used as damages when he is sued by the victims, this loophole must be stopped.

If its the family home, ie his wife's home as well, why the f*ck should he have to sell it. Afterall she hasn't been convicted of anything.

If they tried it she should be on to a lawyer as quick as possible.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    If its the family home, ie his wife's home as well, why the f*ck should he have to sell it. Afterall she hasn't been convicted of anything.

If he had been declared bankrupt, he would have forfeited half of the house's equity. He' not a bankrupt, he's something much much worse, a convicted pedophile who has badly affected lives for which a multi millionaire should really finacially recompense his victims and the house's equity remains intact. Is that justice?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    If he had been declared bankrupt, he would have forfeited half of the house's equity. He' not a bankrupt, he's something much much worse, a convicted pedophile who has badly affected lives for which a multi millionaire should really finacially recompense his victims and the house's equity remains intact. Is that justice?

Well said, and why should he come back to his comfy home (bet she has him back) after to carry on his life as normal. It is a huge house, if she was any way a decent person, she sell to a smaller home, (now she on her own) and give some money for the victims...
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=nanscombe;67396292]If its the family home, ie his wife's home as well, why the f*ck should he have to sell it. Afterall she hasn't been convicted of anything.

If they tried it she should be on to a lawyer as quick as possible.[/QUOTE]

Because he has done wrong and has to pay damages to his victims. But you know this really, dont you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, had his sentence doubled!
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope he does more time. Extend the sentence

My blood is boiling

Bloke is 83, he nearly did a 'Savile' - was probably hoping to never be caught, take it all the way to the grave

He was caught... and yet receives a lenient sentence !!

15 months, halved, only spend half in prison, so not much more than 6 months then

Too much sympathy for the criminal.. old man... frail, and so forth
    Not enough thought for victims

No matter how many years ago, it took place... very serious crime

The punishment must always fit the crime
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope he does more time. Extend the sentence

My blood is boiling

Bloke is 83, he nearly did a 'Savile' - was probably hoping to never be caught, take it all the way to the grave

He was caught... and yet receives a lenient sentence !!

15 months, halved, only spend half in prison, so not much more than 6 months then

Too much sympathy for the criminal.. old man... frail, and so forth
    Not enough thought for victims

No matter how many years ago, it took place... very serious crime

The punishment must always fit the crime

30 mths now
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear he's now got 30 months, so that would be 15 months in prison

Still not long enough in my opinion
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree, but better than 6 months
  • leddersledders Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It should be the case that the assets are identifed at the time the charges are brought, and the law should be changed so that those assets can not be signed over / sold on until a verdict is reached. Simple really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ledders wrote: »
    It should be the case that the assets are identifed at the time the charges are brought, and the law should be changed so that those assets can not be signed over / sold on until a verdict is reached. Simple really.

Agreed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still not long enough. His sentence should be in years not months.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »

I agree. Why should she be punished for his crime. He's going to be in prison anyway so not having a house isn't even going to affect him.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why? His wife has been accused of no crime, has she? Why should she lose her home because of what her husband did more than a generation ago? As an earlier poster said, there really is a terrible lynch mob mentality on here that demands as many people as possible be punished. Guilt by association, eh?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ledders wrote: »

Not really.

His wife and family bear no responsibility for his crimes and shouldn't be made to suffer beyond the public shame and devastation they'll have gone through anyway because of him.

Let's keep the blame where it belongs, with the criminal.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A real question ...will he serve the whole sentence or half due to good behaviour

I also agree with Lexi ... Hall committed the crime not his wife n family..why should they be punished
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Let's keep the blame where it belongs, with the criminal.

Who, until two months before it was obvious he was going to get well and truly caught, had an estate of over £1 million , but once he realised he may have to pay compensation to the people who's childhoods he ruined, signed it all over to his wife.

If you can't see the wrong in that I dont know what to say.His wife is richer , he suffers nought in the way of financial compensation, the victims get nothing. Thats not a justice system to be proud of.He has avoided , quite literally, paying for his crimes.

And lets not forget, his net worth is built on an image that, had this come out earlier in his career, would mean he never would have accrued the employment and salary that paid for the house in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I agree. Why should she be punished for his crime. He's going to be in prison anyway so not having a house isn't even going to affect him.

Until he comes out back to his luxury home.