Boy George looks great!

Comments

• robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    George looks good. I used to be a big fan but as a person they're are a lot of things about him that annoy me. The biggest of which is that he very rarely seems to release new material even though he promises to. With all this publicity about him losing weight, now would be a great time to release a new single or album. It just seems to me he's the type of person that loves the spotlight and likes being famous for being famous but doesn't ever seem to get his work done as far as actually recording an album.

I find this comment unfair and also untrue..he only released something a few months back and he does lots of dj work which is something he has a massive passion for. He has hardly been on every reality show which would maybe back up your claims. Maybe he has more stuff lined up
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this comment unfair and also untrue..he only released something a few months back and he does lots of dj work which is something he has a massive passion for. He has hardly been on every reality show which would maybe back up your claims. Maybe he has more stuff lined up

He may have a passion for djing, but it's not something I enjoy. He may ocassionally release some kind of one off single, but never a full album as he has promised. He may not go on reality shows but he does like being in the media and does a lot of press even when he has nothing out. He always has stuff lined up but somehow it never materializes the way he promises. I followed him for many years and I feel my comments are more than fair. I know a lot of other fans who feel the same frustration. But unfortunately he surrounds himself with yes people and won't listen to any valid criticism.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But DJ's don't generally work every day. They usually do gigs on Friday or Saturday because that's when people want to go out clubbing. What does he do the rest of the week?
    If he just wants to work on djing, that's fine, but then he should be honest about that and not promise his fans albums that he has no intention of actually doing. He made this big fuss about how he was going to do a new album with Culture Club but it never happened plus also a solo covers album.
    He doesn't necessarily need to be played on the radio to have success because he's already known with a following. Other artists from the 80's aren't played on the radio like Adam Ant, Duran Duran, Blondie, Cyndi Lauper but they still release stuff for their older fans.
    He can dj if that's what he wants but I also can stop being a fan of him if that's all he does since that type of hard core techno music doesn't interest me. I'm not required to keep being his fan if he doesn't do something I enjoy.
    But you're right he can't be bothered. He's lazy. He wants just money and fame he gets from djing, he doesn't care about creating art by writing good songs anymore.

George has his hands in many pies creatively, for awhile, his clothing line was a big creative outlet for him. He wrote a musical, Taboo, which eventually took him (ill-fatedly) over to NYC. When he returned from that he carried on and also did a major UK tour prior to going to prison. He still writes continually, and records new material as well. Plus, the dj dates around the world.He's certainly not lazy!

He's probably very frustrated that the general public still want a 80's retro show, rather than a showcase for his (always under-appreciated) song-writing skills.:) infact, he only started getting decent music reviews a few years ago!
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Someone on Youtube who seems to know him and his family keeps saying he is back on drugs on loads of videos of him on YT. You just never know with him he has his demons.

He must have had something done to his face though, he face is a bit too flawless/wrinkle free, his face was massive before.

Hmm, maybe they mean hard drugs?

To be honest first thing I thought when I saw how thin he'd become was how he looks like he did when he was on heroin and his family went to the BBC to help with an intervention.

Even if he's difficult to like sometimes he always looks great.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I like him, can't believe how much weight he's lost, the poor man has upset 1Ders now
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2282024/Brits-2013-Boy-George-blasts-Liam-Payne-Brits-encounter--praises-One-Direction-bandmate-Harry-Styles-meeting-niece.html
    I'm not a fan but nice to hear Harry was polite, I wonder who he's referring to being on drugs:confused: (actually I have a list of possibles)
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may have a passion for djing, but it's not something I enjoy
    oh ok so he should only do things you approve of??
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That thought crossed my mind too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a forum. I have the right to give my opinion. People give negative opinions about other artists here all the time, even artists they like. No one's perfect and everyone can improve. He has the right to do whatever he wants, but I don't have to blindly follow. What makes someone a real fan? Your attitude is what has turned me off of Boy George. I'm not a mindless follower like you. I use my brain. There is an unwritten contract between fans and artists. If you do right by your fans by giving them new albums and tours on a regular basis,fans will do right by you by supporting you financially and with adulation. He doesn't' have to do anything he doesn't want to, but if he doesn't I don't have to continue blindly admiring him. He just has an arrogant attitude that it's all about him that turns me off.

I am not a mindless follower at all. I have my own mind and you can quit the insults. You clearly have a huge problem with George and have done for years, which is just bizarre. Deal with it with him. I'm done with you because you never listen to anyone else's opinion. You just insult them when they don't agree with you. Goodbye.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It looks that way. He clearly doesn't deserve to live his own life the way he sees fit!

He looks amazing. There are videos of him now on YouTube at the Brits the other night. You can see his crows' feet and lines under his eyes. If he'd had any work done, they wouldn't be there. Good for him, he's done it all through exercise and diet. I'm sure he's had a few facials, why not treat himself? He deserves it. :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, maybe they mean hard drugs?

To be honest first thing I thought when I saw how thin he'd become was how he looks like he did when he was on heroin and his family went to the BBC to help with an intervention.

Even if he's difficult to like sometimes he always looks great.

He really doesn't look anything like how he did when he was on heroin. His skin was a whiteish/grey then and looked dead, as did his eyes. Now, his skin's glowing and his eyes are sparkling. The happiness he's found in life also comes through in his whole being. I'm so happy for him.

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/msn-live-at-the-brits-2013-boy-george-interview/2tqt5evo

Here he is, talking at the BRITS.......with crows' feet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    was never a big fan of Boy George. Remember a friend of mine describing him as THE most bitchy, bitter queen she had ever had the misfortune of meeting and from seeing some of his interviews, I definitely got that vibe from him.
    But when I saw him on that album chat show the other day I changed my opinion of him a bit. He seemed more humble, knowledgeable and less acidic. He came across quite 'stately homo', which rather suits him in his later years.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    What makes me laugh are the gullible ones who swallow all this guff about good genes, diet etc. The type that actually believed that for all those years she denied surgery Joan Collins has been holding back time with careful eating!

Good genes is not always guff. My father is 71, he has very few wrinkles, I am 45 and also have very few. However I did have very oily skin and spots well into my 20s which I think has helped a bit with elasticity. So whilst there are people who lie, there are people who are just luckier than others and that, my friend, is down to my genes. Okay?
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I like him, can't believe how much weight he's lost, the poor man has upset 1Ders now
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2282024/Brits-2013-Boy-George-blasts-Liam-Payne-Brits-encounter--praises-One-Direction-bandmate-Harry-Styles-meeting-niece.html
    I'm not a fan but nice to hear Harry was polite, I wonder who he's referring to being on drugs:confused: (actually I have a list of possibles)

I watched a few interviews with him last night and one thing that struck me is how different he is, he's become very humble and more gracious than he used to be/come across. The whole 1D thing is pathetic and just ridiculous. Horrible catty little girls idolising some boy band who have the same longevity as Bros, who attack anyone via TWITTER that negatively criticises them! All the best rated Daily Mail comments are No Direction fans and many have '1D' in their names. Cannot stand them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewExample wrote: »
    I watched a few interviews with him last night and one thing that struck me is how different he is, he's become very humble and more gracious than he used to be/come across. The whole 1D thing is pathetic and just ridiculous. Horrible catty little girls idolising some boy band who have the same longevity as Bros, who attack anyone via TWITTER that negatively criticises them! All the best rated Daily Mail comments are No Direction fans and many have '1D' in their names. Cannot stand them.

Have they had a go at George? The 1D fans, I mean.

Their fans really are the most poisonous lot. They throw death threats at any of the women the boys have been seeing and call the women all sorts of names. I wasn't very happen when I was a kid and thought Boy George had a girlfriend (Miko) but I didn't want to kill her! :p

George has changed a lot since prison. I hated to see him put away but it's done him good. He had a lot of time to think while he was in there and realised his life was actually pretty good. He'd said to himself, "What have I got to be miserable about?" And his answer to that question was, "Nothing." Since then, he's turned his life around, and his attitudes, and I'm really proud of him. He always was a very loving, warm person but he's happier now and lost all his anger and bitterness.....and it shows :)
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they had a go at George? The 1D fans, I mean.

Their fans really are the most poisonous lot. They throw death threats at any of the women the boys have been seeing and call the women all sorts of names. I wasn't very happen when I was a kid and thought Boy George had a girlfriend (Miko) but I didn't want to kill her! :p

George has changed a lot since prison. I hated to see him put away but it's done him good. He had a lot of time to think while he was in there and realised his life was actually pretty good. He'd said to himself, "What have I got to be miserable about?" And his answer to that question was, "Nothing." Since then, he's turned his life around, and his attitudes, and I'm really proud of him. He always was a very loving, warm person but he's happier now and lost all his anger and bitterness.....and it shows :)

Yes they have! He must've been getting hundreds of tweets, as he asked to be left alone, his niece (who he took to the BRITs) wanted a picture with One Direction, and Liam refused, but Harry obliged. George tweeted support of Harry and his lack of support for Liam's rudeness. I agree, they are nasty trolls, in the same league as Lady Gaga's 'Little Monsters'.
    I watched his Alan Carr Chatty Man interview on 4Music the other day (a repeat) an he was talking about prison and the good it did to him, he also said he didn't go in the showers for a week until he'd chiseled the black nail varnish off his toenails he'd forgot about! He is a true star, and he's pulled it all back together, I just wish MJ could've done the same. :)
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam has a right to reply of course...but there is no need to attack George's looks/fashion. Gawd help George, some 1D fans are venemous little s*itbags who need a slap on the legs from their mums.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a460643/liam-payne-slams-boy-george-you-just-look-weird.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam has a right to reply of course...but there is no need to attack George's looks/fashion. Gawd help George, some 1D fans are venemous little s*itbags who need a slap on the legs from their mums.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a460643/liam-payne-slams-boy-george-you-just-look-weird.html

yes I thought that ... the personal jibes and patronising tone from a kid who has little talent and is a product of clever marketing to a 50 year old pop icon is very disrespectful and shows immaturity and a sense of ego/self importance ... at least george's style has always been his own and not a creation of puppet masters

I wonder if Liam will be making music in his 50's & have a successful West End show about his life

a couple of 1D seem to have let fame go to their heads
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l43eqq

Do You Really Want To Hurt Me is streets ahead of any of the manufactured pap 1D come out with and Liam's personal dig's at George's appearance and referring to his look as weird show he has no knowledge or respect for past pop culture

perhaps Liam's trying to come across as interesting ... but failing :D
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l43eqq

Do You Really Want To Hurt Me is streets ahead of any of the manufactured pap 1D come out with and Liam's personal dig's at George's appearance and referring to his look as weird show he has no knowledge or respect for past pop culture

perhaps Liam's trying to come across as interesting ... but failing :D

Liam Gallagher has been trying to come across as edgy by slagging off other more talented musicians for years - I've never forgiven him for doing to the late Kurt Cobain. I think it makes him look a twonk but never mind.

1D are dreadful - I put on a radio channel called "Fun Kids" for my daughter in the car on occasion and am singularly pretty much unimpressed by most of the stuff played on it but 1D's track I would actually say was the one that annoyed me the most. Maybe I'm just old but it seems to me that 80s pop looks like Franz Ferdinand in comparision to what bubblegum the teens and pre-teens of today listen too.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    A member of 1D saying Boy George looks 'weird'.
    Spoken as a true manufactured zombie. lol

It's those hats that helped make Boy George so memorable, something 1D will never be.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A member of 1D saying Boy George looks 'weird'.
    Spoken as a true manufactured zombie. lol

It's those hats that helped make Boy George so memorable, something 1D will never be.

Boy George could sing back in the eighties. One Direction can't sing. One nil to Boy George.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Boy George could sing back in the eighties. One Direction can't sing. One nil to Boy George.

quite, Boy George could eat them lot for breakfast. Liam should learn some manners and if they're around in 30 years time then I will eat Boy Georges hat
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    I saw these pics the other day and did a double take. The dude looks good, no doubt!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting some real homophobic abuse from little girls now. I'm in my late 30s so a lot of these little girls are born to parents of my generation. How sad that they didn't drill it into their heads that it's not ok to call someone a fagg*t. I thought we'd brought them up better than that.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

His voice may not be as distinctive as it was but he can still sing. I really like this cover of 'Make you feel my Love' on his soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/boy-george - got a lovely raw poignant quality to it...