Comments

• DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kind of....but also correct
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's very entitled to her opinion and I'm glad to see her comments on the shameless and unimaginative manipulation that goes on in the show that leaves the performers feeling uncomfortable and not being themselves.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe but let's be honest here, she is probably telling the truth.
  • headzupheadzup Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    She's spot on.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    She doesn't sound bitter at all. It's just her being honest about the manipulation from this show...
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She wouldn't mind about the manipulation if it had meant she had stayed in
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's easy to criticize it in hindsight after you've been eliminated, there'd be no problem if she was still there or the winner.

She's got a great voice but there is something about her that is really forgettable. Could be mostly blamed on the editing, but then at the first live show she had a good performance but it was the one I had the most trouble remembering.
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is only sayin how it is. I mean she looked nothing like she did on the live show when we did see her i.e. at boot camp.

But ultimately you probably cant say anything for fear of being chucked off
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have much sympathy for her, she says she didn't like the outfits, or being made into a Whitney clone but says she put up no fight, I'm sorry if you don't like it say something.

Also not every contestant can be given airtime during the auditions, for one giving all the finalists lots of airtime will mean it will be predictable who makes it through to lives and two, they won't have enough time to give equal amounts to everybody. Its a shame, but its the way it is unfortunately.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you know a show is manipulated and chews performers up and spits them out...

Why then go on said show and complain afterwards?
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I don't have much sympathy for her, she says she didn't like the outfits, or being made into a Whitney clone but says she put up no fight, I'm sorry if you don't like it say something.

Also not every contestant can be given airtime during the auditions, for one giving all the finalists lots of airtime will mean it will be predictable who makes it through to lives and two, they won't have enough time to give equal amounts to everybody. Its a shame, but its the way it is unfortunately.

If anyone thinks they can go against cowell their deluded
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Watched the video and didn't hear anything unreasonable. This show plays people every year, and only now that she has been a victim of that does she realise.

Thing is, when you agree to do a show like The X Factor, they own your ass, and have complete control. Every act is at their mercy, and can only hope the show doesn't have them on the axe list.

Remember, the show has its great eye fixed on the Xmas no.1 spot. It's seeking it. All it's thought is bent on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All her points were valid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she comes off well. She realises that the show kind of took her in and spit her out, but she acknowledges that she was the one who signed up for it so she has to take it on the chin.

Fair enough and good for her.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She kind of hints that Sam Bailey is the pimped one from Sharon's team. Bit obvious I suppose but there you go.....
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She kind of hints that Sam Bailey is the pimped one from Sharon's team. Bit obvious I suppose but there you go.....

No sh*t Sherlock!!!!
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least she can go back to her day job (Lights Camera Action) :D
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Well at least she can go back to her day job (Lights Camera Action) :D

Lol, fap fap fap

Well if you like big butts anyway.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet on This morning she mentioned the fact this wasn't like an Audition with a Record company it was opening her life up to the public and the dangers that brought.
    Sharon messed up not voting long distance clara off because she will be the victim of the flash vote again and go next sunday.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »

Of course they can show every finalist! Lots of acts who got axed got more screen time than Lorna did. Alejandro, Tom, Luke, Barclay and Souli only made it to bootcamp, yet all got more time spent on them individually than she did throughout her entire stay!

Then we had acts like Melanie, Paul, Giles and Joseph who also got more screen time than her.

They can fit everyone in, they just choose not. When you're part of the final 12, you expect some exposure. Lorna got sod all - blink and you'll miss her for most casual fans of the show.

I expect half of the viewers on Saturday night were thinking "who's this?" when she was introduced. It shouldn't be like that for ANY act in the final 12. The editing has been stupid and really odd this series.