Sky+ App for iPhone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought that the last update to the Sky+ app on iOS allowed you to download "On Demand" programmes to your box even when not connected to your home wifi network in the same way you can for remote record. But the app is telling me I have to be connected to my Sky box via wifi.

Can anyone clarify, or if there's anything extra I need to do.

Thank you.

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thedrewser wrote: »
    I thought that the last update to the Sky+ app on iOS allowed you to download "On Demand" programmes to your box even when not connected to your home wifi network in the same way you can for remote record. But the app is telling me I have to be connected to my Sky box via wifi.

Can anyone clarify, or if there's anything extra I need to do.

Thank you.

no, the app update said it was enabling the ability within the app for when the service is activated on the boxes at a later date.
    We’ve made some changes to the settings of the app to enable us to switch on some new features in a few weeks. Once these have been switched on and you have the latest software update on your Sky+HD box you’ll be able to:
    - Download On Demand shows to your Sky+HD box when you’re out and about
    - Browse the Showcase section of On Demand when you’re not at home
    You’ll get a message in the Sky+ app when these have been activated and you can start using them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.