2014 - The year of Leona?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    This is exactly the type of person I was speaking about. The appreciation thread fans. And whatever. A sad mariah fan... okay great :) im a fan of many artists leona included im just not a blind fan who thinks Leona farts rainbows.

Do you know one thing I hate, when people generalise, which is exactly what you have done. I post in Leona's appreciation thread, but I don't go around slagging Mariah or other singers and neither do most posters on there, so maybe you shouldn't be so blind and realise not everyone is like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    2014 will NOT be Leonas year.
    I would really love for Leona to have a successful year. Multiple singles, a massive album but sadly I don't see it. There are so many people in the market who have overshadowed her.

I really can't bare another X Factor performance, only to be told "The MOST successful X Factor winner ever" .. "Millions of Album sold WORLDWIDE" .. The reality is - Leona was relevant in 2007. She's failed to deliver since then.

I hope for more commercial success from Leona.. A string of 3/4 hits in a row this year. Sadly, management will wait for 2014s X Factor to start in order to promote her. By that time the general public will care even less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Musick1 wrote: »
    I would really love for Leona to have a successful year. Multiple singles, a massive album but sadly I don't see it. There are so many people in the market who have overshadowed her.

I really can't bare another X Factor performance, only to be told "The MOST successful X Factor winner ever" .. "Millions of Album sold WORLDWIDE" .. The reality is - Leona was relevant in 2007. She's failed to deliver since then.

I hope for more commercial success from Leona.. A string of 3/4 hits in a row this year. Sadly, management will wait for 2014s X Factor to start in order to promote her. By that time the general public will care even less.

She has new management now, so we don't know what their plans are, they have done a great job with promoting the Xmas album, so they might get something out pretty soon hopefully.

She has already recorded material for the fifth album earlier this year and has said multiple times she is going straight back to work on it in January, so hopefully the fact it has been started and work will continue in January means they plan to have something out in the first half of the year.
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glassheart was an ok album there were about 4 good songs rest album filler the unreleased songs were better than the album.
    waiting 3 years to release an album ridiculous although probably syco's fault can't Leona leave syco someone mentioned a 5 album deal well won't her next be her last.
    if Leona has some ambition she'd leave her label and find one that will promote her properly.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Do irrelevant artists have top 3 singles? Would an artist who you claim to only be successful in one year have a top 10 single in every year bar one since they debuted? I don't think so...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    2014 will probably the year of Beyonce or Rihanna tbh.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    She deserves it, I'm glad she had a good success with her latest song in the charts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    paulbax wrote: »
    Do irrelevant artists have top 3 singles? Would an artist who you claim to only be successful in one year have a top 10 single in every year bar one since they debuted? I don't think so...

Oooah please ...
    "A top 10 single in every year bar one since they debuted" .. Just look how pathetic that reads!

The amount of songs she's released over the years would amount to 2years worth of releases for the average artist.
    She's too slow to release material.

You also failed to mention her single which debuted at 200 and something or other....???

2014 will not be her year but i wish her well.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Oooah please ...
    "A top 10 single in every year bar one since they debuted" .. Just look how pathetic that reads!

The amount of songs she's released over the years would amount to 2years worth of releases for the average artist.
    She's too slow to release material.

You also failed to mention her single which debuted at 200 and something or other....???

2014 will not be her year but i wish her well.
    In what way does the FACT that she has had at least one top 10 single in every year (excluding 2010) since she debuted sound pathetic?

Also everyone is entitled to a flop, everyone has had at least one. The most important thing is that she carried on and followed that fiasco with a sell out tour in the following months and top 3 single a year later.

What really sounds pathetic here is your obvious desire to kick Leona down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Her Glassheart tour was well received by fans of different generations. Leona has an angelic voice that threatens many many artists out there. She really stands alone. 2014 can be a succesful year for her just like any other artist IF the management got it right with lead songs. Promotion, Promotion, Promotion. I agree with another poster that Leona needs to get into TV shows and keep herself more visible than often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    paulbax wrote: »
    In what way does the FACT that she has had at least one top 10 single in every year (excluding 2010) since she debuted sound pathetic?

Also everyone is entitled to a flop, everyone has had at least one. The most important thing is that she carried on and followed that fiasco with a sell out tour in the following months and top 3 single a year later.

What really sounds pathetic here is your obvious desire to kick Leona down.

Scroll back and read my initial comment:
    "I would really love for Leona to have a successful year..."

The truth is she deserves to be more successful but SHES NOT!!
    If her fans think that Leona has peaked or she's made it then shame on you.
    I always thought Leona and her record company lacked ambition and drive.. Perhaps its her fans that are holding her back - Claiming that one single a year is enough, is clearly leaving Leona and her team delusional.
    Maybe if her fans demanded more from Leona she might deliver more.

Like I said before, she needs to release 3/4 hits anually. God knows she needs to make up for lost time.

Regardless, I await the next anual Top 10 single from Leona in 2014 and again in 2015.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Scroll back and read my initial comment:
    "I would really love for Leona to have a successful year..."

The truth is she deserves to be more successful but SHES NOT!!
    If her fans think that Leona has peaked or she's made it then shame on you.
    I always thought Leona and her record company lacked ambition and drive.. Perhaps its her fans that are holding her back - Claiming that one single a year is enough, is clearly leaving Leona and her team delusional.
    Maybe if her fans demanded more from Leona she might deliver more.

Like I said before, she needs to release 3/4 hits anually. God knows she needs to make up for lost time.

Regardless, I await the next anual Top 10 single from Leona in 2014 and again in 2015.

Her fans certainly don't think she releases enough. I think her appreciation thread are in agreement that she should be releasing multiple singles from her albums and not disappearing after two. There was a lot of anger and disappointment when Glassheart was abandoned after two singles, especially since they did the same thing with Echo and because there was at least one potentially hit on Glassheart, though I think there were a couple.

Someone pointed out Ellie Goulding as an example, she released her last album around the same time and both sold similar amounts initially, though Ellie continued to churn the singles out and eventually it went platinum and is still selling today. Something that Leona's team don't seem to grasp, they see the disappointing sales initially and basically jump ship, which they can't continue to do.

If you look in her thread the past few days, it has many people expressing the opinion that she can't be wasting time spending months and months recording and she needs to act fast and get a single out as soon as possible, especially now that radio were on board with her last single.