Dinner Date (Part 2)

Comments

• DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yoko ono wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I kept hoping that after the run of repeats on every weekday were all shown, they would start with a new series. It hasn't got a good track record for long term relationships but I enjoy seeing what the state of affairs are after a month.

:(

I've only just started getting into this and I'm hooked. It's my new guilty pleasure. Tonight's ITV2 show with Dido (not that one) picking meals with three women. Apparently, Nicki's (no.2) is still single (at the time of recording). She was well fit!
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I thought the 1st and 3rd dinner dates today were horrors lol.
    The 2nd lady were much more fun. I wonder what happens after the 2nd date for them to not want to meet again when every seens to be going well.
  • RBRB Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Kimberley Dayle aka Kitty Brucknell from X Factor is on the show now (today) was the second date.Doing her Britney tribute act
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RB wrote: »
    Kimberley Dayle aka Kitty Brucknell from X Factor is on the show now (today) was the second date.Doing her Britney tribute act

That was quite scary when she dressed up halfway through her date. I forget his name, but he seemed pissed as a fart throughout all three. Amusing to see he still tried to phone the others after lucking out after the second date with his chosen one.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No more Dinner Dates...It's been axed..:(

Axed! Not Dinner Date, 'The show where people hope to find true love through their love of good food...'

Much as I hated the narrator and her supposed 'witty' comments, (she should have been replaced a long time ago), I'm surprised at this. I'd have thought it was pretty cheap to make and perfectly decent schedule filler type show. Still, at least we have the ITV2 6pm repeats at present, didn't see loads of these before and am quite enjoying them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Axed! Not Dinner Date, 'The show where people hope to find true love through their love of good food...'

Much as I hated the narrator and her supposed 'witty' comments, (she should have been replaced a long time ago), I'm surprised at this. I'd have thought it was pretty cheap to make and perfectly decent schedule filler type show. Still, at least we have the ITV2 6pm repeats at present, didn't see loads of these before and am quite enjoying them.

I like Charlotte Hudson, but it's a shame it was cancelled. Still, like you, I'm working my way through the three series.

I prefer it when there's fitties cooking, though. The Saturday morning (on ITV) show was full of pensioners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    My episode is back on...AGAIN!!! I think this is 5th repeat now!! Oh dear....lets see if the ending is any better this time!!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    magicmat wrote: »
    My episode is back on...AGAIN!!! I think this is 5th repeat now!! Oh dear....lets see if the ending is any better this time!!

LOL!!!!

AND you dont get repeat fees :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    LOL!!!!

AND you dont get repeat fees :D

I know! Damn shame!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know! Damn shame!!

What channel is it on?
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Much as I hated the narrator and her supposed 'witty' comments, (she should have been replaced a long time ago),
    Totally agree. She was awful and almost ruined it for me. No comedic timing or delivery at all. She sounded like she was reading a children's story to a class full of kids.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have there ever been any successful dates that went on to a relationship? I always found the lads on it lacking in social skills, just sitting back waiting to be served and then criticising the meal and forgetting that the dinner is only part of the date.

Dull, needs axing.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    notin wrote: »
    Have there ever been any successful dates that went on to a relationship? I always found the lads on it lacking in social skills, just sitting back waiting to be served and then criticising the meal and forgetting that the dinner is only part of the date.

Dull, needs axing.

It has been!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This must be the third time I've seen your episode - I am sure it was on just before Christmas - and I still feel for you walking away from the door all on your ownsome! Personally, I would have picked number one for you - think you suited each other pretty well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jesus, what a complete bitch! "Family emergency", my best hat!

If she was unavailable - I mean, got cold feet about the whole thing - she should've said so with enough time for you to choose one of the other two.

I take it that your repeat fees are the same as your fee for the original broadcast ;)
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show . Does anyone remember Kat the pole dancer ? She was lovely .
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Appears it has been given a second chance, DD is looking for new contestants!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ............................ let's hope they are looking for a new narrator too !!!
  • janceejancee Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the terrible script as much as the delivery of it.

'I give David two stars' 'That's two stars for David' YES I KNOW. >:(

This programme [along with Don't Tell the Bride and Coach Trip] is crying out for Dave Lamb-stylee commentary. Bring it.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's good news.
    Sinistra wrote: »
    ............................ let's hope they are looking for a new narrator too !!!

I hope they replace her too, she's dreadful.
    jancee wrote: »

This programme [along with Don't Tell the Bride and Coach Trip] is crying out for Dave Lamb-stylee commentary. Bring it.

Oh please, no! :o I stopped watching CDWM once his commentary became so ridiculously OTT. >:(
  • LucylashesLucylashes Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it hasn't been axed. I love it...so cringey! What about the guy from May the Best House Win as a commentator? He's not too annoying?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this show . Does anyone remember Kat the pole dancer ? She was lovely .

Oh yes, she had powerful leg muscles ;)
    jancee wrote: »

I've emailed them to ask for an application form, but haven't had anything back yet. That was about a week ago.

I like Charlotte Hudson, but the script needs some variety for the stock phrases, eg. "And it's a night in with a ready meal for one, for...." (the two losers, who one ep featured a Liam Gallagher knuckle-dragger-a-like who just had the wine left by that point as he'd slung his across the driveway)
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the programme but agree about the commentary. We get the same tired old phrases ("The dates have been done and dusted....etc. ") in every episode.

I'd like Harry Hill to do the commentary.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all DD fans ... It's back! On the new channel Itvbe Freeview 26 starting tonight. There's a zeleb version with Joe Swash gawd help us but 'normal' ones as well. Thought this had been cancelled so good news. Different voice over woman too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    For all DD fans ... It's back! On the new channel Itvbe Freeview 26 starting tonight. There's a zeleb version with Joe Swash gawd help us but 'normal' ones as well. Thought this had been cancelled so good news. Different voice over woman too :)

Glad its back. Glad its a different voiceover woman. Not so glad Joe Swash is on.

Might give this one a miss but will watch the "normal" ones