Bullying on this Forum?

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
Forum Member
✭✭
Everybody has different views and thoughts on here but I am starting to think some people are using this forum for bullying and I think this needs to change...

Any thoughts?

Comments

• PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    If you feel someone is being a bully, then report it to the mods. Otherwise, if you wish to talk about bullying in general, perhaps the General Discussion forum would be a good place for that discussion - this is the Soaps forum.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, noted.

Thank you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does it matter where you post the thread it happens anyway even in the soap forum but i agree you need to report the bulling to the mods it`s what they are there for .
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I too think it is an unusual forum to discuss bullying.
    Having said that, I have seen certain posters getting brow beaten by several other posters at times. When you have a different opinion to others, it can become a bit of a battle ground. If it becomes bullying just pull the plug or report to the Mods.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Everybody has different views and thoughts on here but I am starting to think some people are using this forum for bullying and I think this needs to change...

Any thoughts?

I think sometimes difference of opinion can cause conflict but that is normal on forums. However I did receive some usual private messages calling me a the other word for a female dog. I reported it but I have seen to member in question on the forum since.

Sometimes it's best just to ignore.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about bullying but I have found myself be mocked, belittled, patronsised and also attacked simply for liking something that others didn't get on the DS soaps forum.

I admit, sometimes it used to get to me, but when it happens over a long period of time, you do tend to develope a thick skin. Sometimes it is better to ignore though because a reaction is exactly what they are after and by giving them one, you are playing right into thier hands.

No one should put up with it so if you think you are being mistreated, hit the alert button and leave it to the mods to decide.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been called names (dumb ass, d*ck, idiot ect.) just for having different opinions on things and told to "Go back to School" for correcting someone. No need for it. I find myself using Digital Spy less and less these days. Bullying needs reporting asap if it happens to you.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think behaviour on here has has on here gotten worse, it never use to be so bad but you can see cliques forming in certain threads now, I normally try not to bother posting on them at all now, it just ruins the atmosphere of the forum, as its been said best ignore no point in arguing as it never gets you anywhere but frustrated.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been called names either in 'public' on a thread or via PM, but I do agree that the general feel of the boards is getting a bit catty.

I think that the main problem is that fewer people actually want to discuss things in detail and just go for one or two word comments that are usually quite nasty.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same, while I've never been attacked personally, there is no need for it.

Whilst I can imagine different opinions and I know some people complain about other FM's, at the end of the day, its a community here. Everyone's views count and if you don't like them, ignore or tolerate it
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    I have been a victim of bullying, and I know others who have, there is also a nasty element of those who claimed they are being bullied whereas they are the bullies themselves. And I think those that go on to other places to slag us off really are nasty people. One bully accused me of making stuff up till I got the chance to prove it. Others are now aware of it and its silly to fall out with someone for no other reason then based on fictional characters.I think if people can not handle a different opinion a discussion forum is probably not for them if they take it so personally. These days I laugh at those who do it as they clearly have very little going on in their lives.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think this forum can be pretty harsh at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can be very harsh, I think the general discussion one is worse though. I remember I put up a thread about something to do with the paranormal and I eventually asked mods to delete it because all I got was comment after comment of sarcasm, insults, the annoying rolled eyes thing, people telling me I must be drunk ect.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    It can be very harsh, I think the general discussion one is worse though. I remember I put up a thread about something to do with the paranormal and I eventually asked mods to delete it because all I got was comment after comment of sarcasm, insults, the annoying rolled eyes thing, people telling me I must be drunk ect.

I made a Mormon thread and people were saying Im brainwashed. I think there needs to be a rule before people come on these forums and that rule should be not to bully people on here
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm against bullying, but there are some who play the victim card and get angry when their opinion differs to someone elses opinion. People should just except not everyone will hold the same opinion as you, its great to debate but personal comments and bullying should never be a part of that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I'm against bullying, but there are some who play the victim card and get angry when their opinion differs to someone elses opinion. People should just except not everyone will hold the same opinion as you, its great to debate but personal comments and bullying should never be a part of that.

Have you ever been bullied on this forum? Do you think I get bullied?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever been bullied on this forum? Do you think I get bullied?

I've been called illiterate, but overall I've had a good experience on DS, lots of the FM are lovely and funny. I don't know about your experience.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »

I've seen it on here aswell, its normally one certain soap whose threads I find descend into stuff like that, the others soaps threads I find function pretty normally without breaking out into world war 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been called illiterate, but overall I've had a good experience on DS, lots of the FM are lovely and funny. I don't know about your experience.

What is a illiterate? And why were you called it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is a illiterate? And why were you called it?

Someone who can't read or write, I was called it because I made a spelling/grammar error. My spelling/grammar not that good but I think I'm improving. I don't mind being corrected because thats how you learn but there no need to be rude or insult the person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone who can't read or write, I was called it because I made a spelling/grammar error. My spelling/grammar not that good but I think I'm improving. I don't mind being corrected because thats how you learn but there no need to be rude or insult the person.

See, it little things like that people pick up on purely to patronise someone else. It's a shame because like you, I enjoy being on DS
    I have been a victim of bullying, and I know others who have, there is also a nasty element of those who claimed they are being bullied whereas they are the bullies themselves. And I think those that go on to other places to slag us off really are nasty people. One bully accused me of making stuff up till I got the chance to prove it. Others are now aware of it and its silly to fall out with someone for no other reason then based on fictional characters.I think if people can not handle a different opinion a discussion forum is probably not for them if they take it so personally. These days I laugh at those who do it as they clearly have very little going on in their lives.

This x1,000,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I make spelling mistakes when I type and when you realise you can't change it after other people comment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with your comment about how some on here play the victim card. I think it's nasty someone said you're illiterate. Also, didn't you get accused of having no knowledge of comedy or something all because you like Kim from Eastenders?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm always making spelling mistakes- I actually prefer handwriting to typing for this reason because I find I make more mistakes by typing.

It can be frustrating though if the spelling mistake isn't too major, I'll leave it otherwise I'd edit my post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made a Mormon thread and people were saying Im brainwashed. I think there needs to be a rule before people come on these forums and that rule should be not to bully people on here

Yes and I remember you made a thread about Autism and the replies some people but were very nasty and unfair. Some other posters and I felt you were being picked on in that particular thread.
This discussion has been closed.