Jessie J - Sweet Talker (Official album thread)

RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, album 3 has been announced and following the trend of past albums, is titled after one of the songs on the tracklist.

It's set to drop on October 13th here and October 14th rest of the world.

Who's excited? I know Jessie fans are a rarity on DS but they're are some of us on here.

Here's to hoping this album is better then Alive!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Hurrah! Finally another Jessie fan! You're right we're definately few and far between on here.

As for the album I can't wait, it looks like she's realised Alive wasn't great and has come back with some good material. So excited!
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely can't comprehend where all the hate for her comes from? People say it's her attitude that puts them off but all I've ever seen from her is passion and humbleness.

Anyway, how do we think Bang Bang is going to chart over here? It's already gone top 10 stateside which is fantastic (even if that is probably only because of Ariana and Nicki)
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Cant wait for this album. I like the picture but the title and creative direction makes the album cover look more single cover than album.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humble? Jessie has never shown humility imo.

All this piggy backing and the awful cover of her in her undies smacks of horrendous desperation after her last album failed to do what she hoped.
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I hope "Calling All Hearts" is included as a bonus track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humble? Jessie has never shown humility imo.

All this piggy backing and the awful cover of her in her undies smacks of horrendous desperation after her last album failed to do what she hoped.

You've clearly never seen her live and how she speaks about her music then
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this is much better than her last album

I don't like the artwork. Her face looks like she is debating whether she needs to go to the toiler or not.
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I genuinely can't comprehend where all the hate for her comes from? People say it's her attitude that puts them off but all I've ever seen from her is passion and humbleness.

Anyway, how do we think Bang Bang is going to chart over here? It's already gone top 10 stateside which is fantastic (even if that is probably only because of Ariana and Nicki)

I think it will get a fair amount of radio play over here, Capital are already playing nearly every day I think as for Radio 1 I think it's the sort of thing they'll put on the A-list so should get top 5 at least maybe even no 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm... intrigued about the album on a whole. I despise Bang Bang, it's just a shouty mess. The album cover screams cheap Mariah and I hate the album title. Having said that I think Bang Bang will definitely go to number 1 here.

I didn't think Alive was as dreadful as most people did, sure it already sounds dated and it suffered from terrible single choices. I loved Thunder and Square One particularly.

I think she still has potential to be a big popstar, I just wish she'd be quiet sometimes and stop pretending to be the UK version of Gaga with all the preaching and I pray she stops with all the annoying and unimpressive riffing she's obsessed with. Also, she needs to hire and/or fire her stylist and actually start looking like a well put together popstar.

Have we heard anything about a second single, or is it too soon?
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, Jessie J lost something after the release of Domino. It's like she then became too focused on cracking the US and made songs with that as her main goal, where as her first album was experimental and had a clear sound.

Now she seems desperate for hits. It's also worrying that this is the second album she's launched featuring two other artists on the lead single. It's like she or the label have no faith in Jessie selling on her own.

Having said that, I think Bang Bang will do well and I do wish the best for her third album, I just hope for more songs like Nobody's Perfect and Who's Laughing Now and less like Wild and Bang Bang.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, the tracklisting is out

1. Ain't Been Done
    2. Burnin' Up (feat. 2 Chainz)
    3. Sweet Talker
    4. Bang Bang (feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
    5. Fire
    6. Personal
    7. Masterpiece
    8. Seal Me With a Kiss (feat. De La Soul)
    9. Said Too Much
    10. Loud (feat. Lindsey Stirling)
    11. Keep Us Together
    12. Get Away

Deluxe Edition:
    13. Your Loss I'm Found
    14. Strip
    15. You Don't Really Know Me

'Personal', 'MASTERPIECE'?!?!, 'Loud'...

Here's the deluxe artwork: http://instagram.com/p/r_EwUgw0Si/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy 'Keep us Together' isn't on there. Sounded ridiculously bland from the live performances

Edit: Whoops, never mind
  • Percy SugdenPercy Sugden Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Hope it's better than her second album, I really hate that cover though. I don't know why she has to wear bin bag knickers, she just looks tacky.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the woman, hopefully it completely flops so her label drop her and I never have to see or hear her or her screechy cat shrieking voice again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Can't stand the woman, hopefully it completely flops so her label drop her and I never have to see or hear her or her screechy cat shrieking voice again.

How insightful
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Cant wait to hear the studio version of You Don't Really Know Me.

Also very excited to hear the Lindsey Stirling track.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    well i like her ...not sure what happened with album 2 ...there were songs that were clear singles on it that never saw the light of day internationally....

wild - great lead single
    thunder - one of her best songs
    its my party - so radio friendly
    excuse my rude - would have been a good US promo track
    gold - radio friendly
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Jessie J lost something after the release of Domino. It's like she then became too focused on cracking the US and made songs with that as her main goal, where as her first album was experimental and had a clear sound.

Now she seems desperate for hits. It's also worrying that this is the second album she's launched featuring two other artists on the lead single. It's like she or the label have no faith in Jessie selling on her own.

Having said that, I think Bang Bang will do well and I do wish the best for her third album, I just hope for more songs like Nobody's Perfect and Who's Laughing Now and less like Wild and Bang Bang.

I agree. From domino onwards, she really did change. Her image has changed a lot. She seems to be wearing less clothes with each new era.

She's gone from this
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/DfB-K1LmAUQ/BRIT+Awards+2011+Nominations+Announcement/JIFuMrNTWW6/Jessie+J
    Jessie winning her critics choice award brit

to this
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fashiongonerogue.com%2Fjessie-j-poses-for-david-roemer-in-marie-claire-uk-september-2013%2F&h=0&w=0&tbnid=_ZKvyBYsGPZdgM&zoom=1&tbnh=186&tbnw=272&docid=3OUB5K_593iEgM&tbm=isch&client=firefox-a&ei=-ov3U5mcCYLkapqcgMAG&ved=0CAUQsCUoAQ
    Promotional pictures from the Alive era

and now to her current album cover
    Forum Member
    I agree. From domino onwards, she really did change. Her image has changed a lot. She seems to be wearing less clothes with each new era.

She's gone from this
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/DfB-K1LmAUQ/BRIT+Awards+2011+Nominations+Announcement/JIFuMrNTWW6/Jessie+J
    Jessie winning her critics choice award brit

to this
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fashiongonerogue.com%2Fjessie-j-poses-for-david-roemer-in-marie-claire-uk-september-2013%2F&h=0&w=0&tbnid=_ZKvyBYsGPZdgM&zoom=1&tbnh=186&tbnw=272&docid=3OUB5K_593iEgM&tbm=isch&client=firefox-a&ei=-ov3U5mcCYLkapqcgMAG&ved=0CAUQsCUoAQ
    Promotional pictures from the Alive era

and now to her current album cover

She's just grown up, if she wants to wear less clothes who cares? Her voice is the same if not better now and that's what's important.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for the album either, especially to hear Sweet Talker (the song) in studio version.

AdzPower wrote: »

Then why are you posting in her thread then? Nobody cares about your negative opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the cover, other than the badly thought-out title text.
    The deluxe... not so much.

I like how she's wearing that bra even though she's flat-chested (I'm serious).
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Jessie before her first album came out. I was obsessed with her and the tracks she would put on You Tube. I loved her and thought her voice was great. When she actually started releasing music though it all went downhill for me. Her first album I could just about bear but anything after that I hated. She became way too pop, her image changed, she became too outspoken, she comes across as desperate. I can't stand the things she does with her voice now either. Anyone who was a fan of her back in her You Tube days will know that she has changed so, so much...and not for the better in my opinion. I just cannot stand her now, which is a shame as a few years ago I was a big fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Jessie before her first album came out. I was obsessed with her and the tracks she would put on You Tube. I loved her and thought her voice was great. When she actually started releasing music though it all went downhill for me. Her first album I could just about bear but anything after that I hated. She became way too pop, her image changed, she became too outspoken, she comes across as desperate. I can't stand the things she does with her voice now either. Anyone who was a fan of her back in her You Tube days will know that she has changed so, so much...and not for the better in my opinion. I just cannot stand her now, which is a shame as a few years ago I was a big fan.
    Serious question, how is it possible that you loved the music she put out before her first album but not the album itself? There were only 3 songs on the standard version of that album that weren't on YouTube. All the other songs are the ones you claim to have loved.
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Jessie J doesn't have much competition that week so she could secure a #1 album. Her first album was kept off the top for weeks by Adele and her second album stalled at #3 behind Kings Of Leon and Drake.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Serious question, how is it possible that you loved the music she put out before her first album but not the album itself? There were only 3 songs on the standard version of that album that weren't on YouTube. All the other songs are the ones you claim to have loved.

Yes and she also had a lot of songs that were on YouTube which weren't on the album. Which were the ones I liked.