Amanda Bynes on Twitter

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    She's either one of the funniest internet trolls ever, or she's seriously ill. I can't make up my mind

I don't get a troll vibe at all just a young girl in need of help who hasn't yet accepted it.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Possibly schizophrenia? That frequently develops in a person's 20s.
    Forum Member
    Old news, read about her strange goings on in the papers for months..

That it's "old news" isn't really relevant, it's ongoing and a good way to discuss the lack of ethics of the gutter press.
    Forum Member
    ...and knows this is a good career move to keep her name out there.

Good career move?

Ten years ago, Lindsay Lohen was a promising actress, now her career is in the doldrums, probably irreparably so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Good career move?

Ten years ago, Lindsay Lohen was a promising actress, now her career is in the doldrums, probably irreparably so.

I was thinking that, I can't see why this is a good move. Lohan has made herself virtually unemployable because of such behaviour
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking that, I can't see why this is a good move. Lohan has made herself virtually unemployable because of such behaviour

Agree with this. Yes, some celebrities do certain things to present a ''rebellious and mysterious'' image to the public, to keep people talking about them. But they tend to be very trivial things like yelling at photographers or leaving nightclubs with various women (I say women, because it tends to be male celebrities who benefit from being seen as ''bad boys'' who their fans want to tame and look after.)

But spiraling out of control like Britney, Lohan, Amy Winehouse etc, would do no good whatsoever to their career. Yes, they would be in the papers over and over again. But all of them (when they were at their worst and clearly suffering mentally) were completely unemployable in terms of film roles/gigs etc. I don't think any of them did that intentionally, and I think they all needed help when they were at their worst.

No celebrity in their right mind would act that way on purpose, believing it will increase their profile and make them more money. Because it most certainly wouldn't.

Amanda was very successful a few years ago, and came across as very level headed and articulate in interviews. She was incredibly well liked in terms of the press, and famous enough that she didn't have to do drastic things to keep people interested in her. Her talent made her employable. If you look at pictures and videos of her back then, and compare them to the way she is now, it's genuinely heartbreaking. She's very ill, and needs help. I'm not sure how bad things actually have to get before someone steps in and helps her :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's either one of the funniest internet trolls ever, or she's seriously ill. I can't make up my mind
    She is not a troll, she is nuts. She is another former child star that has lost her mind.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Its a shame. I always liked Amanda Bynes. Especially in Hairspray. She is the last person in the world I though this would happen to. She always seemed a lot more level headed than the likes of Lohan.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she would be the last girl in the industry to turn out like this :rolleyes:

Maybe she should hook up with Bieber, they've both been behaving in similar ways as of late! :D
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Maybe she should hook up with Bieber, they've both been behaving in similar ways as of late! :D

I'm glad for you that a young woman's mental health problems can put a smile on your face.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I genuinely, genuinely think this woman is mentally unhinged. She's just SO bizarre. She seems to do nothing all day but google pictures of herself, occasionally ranting at press or Perez Hilton. Oh, and posting many, many pictures of her face close-up. She just looks like she's completely lost it!

https://twitter.com/AmandaBynes

Who is she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    I'm glad for you that a young woman's mental health problems can put a smile on your face.

Sad how it's acceptable to mock mental illness. I wonder if these people would ridicule someone who had cancer/MS/ any other serious physical illness.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    This ^. Totally.
    Months ago I laughed at her antics & thought " Oh grow up you daft person". But now I feel very uncomfortable watching her because it is no longer attention seeking (if it ever was). The girl is genuinely unhinged & it is terribly sad to witness. I've not read recent articles......but just clicking on that youtube video was enough to tell me she is clearly ill. Her movements and facial twitching scream drug use combined with serious image issues. Nobody sane would post that. Poor girl.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This interview from 2007 is really heartbreaking watching it back now. She's talking about Lohan, and saying how she'll never end up like that. Seems like a totally different girl to the one we see now. She also comments on how she has supportive people around her keeping away from certain lifestyles. I wonder where they are now :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpVHQnIvTXo
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely, genuinely think this woman is mentally unhinged. She's just SO bizarre. She seems to do nothing all day but google pictures of herself, occasionally ranting at press or Perez Hilton. Oh, and posting many, many pictures of her face close-up. She just looks like she's completely lost it!

Sad but that's what happens when you become addicted to narcos, her brain is well and truly fried.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad but that's what happens when you become addicted to narcos, her brain is well and truly fried.

To be honest, I think the mental health issues often come before drug use. Of course, drugs don't help the situation, but I think in a lot of cases people are using drugs because they have mental health issues, rather than having mental health issues because they're using drugs.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Sad how it's acceptable to mock mental illness. I wonder if these people would ridicule someone who had cancer/MS/ any other serious physical illness.

If your leg is broken, everyone will know because they can see the plaster.

Nobody can look and see a broken mind.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your leg is broken, everyone will know because they can see the plaster.

Nobody can look and see a broken mind.:(

Very well put. I often use the ''broken leg'' comparison when discussing my own experiences with the mental health services over the past 12 years.
    I've been told on numerous occasions when I've been to a GP due to depression, that they will refer me to a psychologist, but that I'll be on a waiting list for up to 9 months before I get to see someone. Now, imagine if I'd gone to the doctors with a broken leg. There's no way they'd say to me ''Oh, we can't treat you at the minute, so we'll have to put you on a 9 month waiting list before anyone can help you. In the mean time, you'll just have to walk around on your broken leg without help.'' If a doctor said that to someone, it would be classed as severe negligence, and I'm willing to bet there'd be a public outcry about it if people found out. So why is it still acceptable to do that to someone who is mentally ill rather than physically ill? If you walk around on a broken leg for 9 months with no treatment, not only would it severely decrease your quality of life, but it would also make the leg break worse and perhaps do permanent damage to it. So why is it acceptable to say the same to someone suffering from a mental illness? :confused:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very well put. I often use the ''broken leg'' comparison when discussing my own experiences with the mental health services over the past 12 years.
    I've been told on numerous occasions when I've been to a GP due to depression, that they will refer me to a psychologist, but that I'll be on a waiting list for up to 9 months before I get to see someone. Now, imagine if I'd gone to the doctors with a broken leg. There's no way they'd say to me ''Oh, we can't treat you at the minute, so we'll have to put you on a 9 month waiting list before anyone can help you. In the mean time, you'll just have to walk around on your broken leg without help.'' If a doctor said that to someone, it would be classed as severe negligence, and I'm willing to bet there'd be a public outcry about it if people found out. So why is it still acceptable to do that to someone who is mentally ill rather than physically ill? If you walk around on a broken leg for 9 months with no treatment, not only would it severely decrease your quality of life, but it would also make the leg break worse and perhaps do permanent damage to it. So why is it acceptable to say the same to someone suffering from a mental illness? :confused:

I hear ya my friend.:(
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So weird, a few years ago, she seemed perfectly sane when she was on She's The Man and in a relationship with Channing Tatum. Bet he is happy that he luckily escaped and got married.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've had a pretty similar experience, it amazes me that in 2013 we still have this attitude towards mental health. The whole system is failing and yet there seems to be no public outcry. It is a very sad state of affairs :(
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member

She's sadly an utter mess. People make comparisons to LiLo but that's not right. Amanda clearly needs help, LiLo just threw her career away with her attitude and addictions. Which she clearly does not wanna stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    She's sadly an utter mess. People make comparisons to LiLo but that's not right. Amanda clearly needs help, LiLo just threw her career away with her attitude and addictions. Which she clearly does not wanna stop.

I'm not sure, I think it could be a fair comparison since I have always wondered if Lilo has some kind of mental health issue, but since I am not her doctor I can't really base that on anything other then a hunch. I think they are both facing the same issues with addiction and an inner circle who are not putting their best interests first. I think they both have the same kind of impulse to self destruct, but again that is just an assumption
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure, I think it could be a fair comparison since I have always wondered if Lilo has some kind of mental health issue, but since I am not her doctor I can't really base that on anything other then a hunch. I think they are both facing the same issues with addiction and an inner circle who are not putting their best interests first. I think they both have the same kind of impulse to self destruct, but again that is just an assumption

I don't know much about LiLo, but a few years ago she was pictured on numerous occasions with scars on her arms. She denied they were from self-harm, but to me it was pretty obvious that they were. I believe she was (or is) struggling with her mental health, but unfortunately her behaviour was simply put down to her being a typical arrogant child star who thought she could so whatever she wanted due to her fame.

Her behaviour was never as erratic and obvious as Amanda's is, and I think they were suffering from very different types of mental illness. But I think they're rather similar in terms of them both being hounded by the press, and being surrounded by hangers on who don't give a damn about their mental state so long as they're making money from them.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

I think it is known that she takes adderall for ADHD - although she may have paid for that diagnosis and simply like the effects of the drug:confused: