The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board

Comments

• emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    :eek::eek: ... I was just watching it now and planning to post it here...:eek::eek:... Great minds ( Please read.. Gutter girls...:rolleyes::D) think alike... ;) ... Thanks emma... :D

We are all looking for bits of Pasha to keep us going for the lack of news :D, hopefully this will change with Katya being back, she is good for news and bits of info.

Great video from before, I hadn't seen the Mr Brightside one, thanks Pashulty :)
  • SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    Melanie did such a great job to fill in for Jessi, thanks for posting idetached.
    Love this VT silversandy, I agree with Shona, how jealous where Mr Jordan and Mr Simone at our Pash?:p
    They did a great job of this, the band are so good, this song always manages to stay in my head for days!:D
    This has probably been posted many times before but there are some gorgeous stills of Pasha in this video from YT:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sBypLQc-6U

Thanks Emma, this video is fab.:)
    Pasha has settled in really well to SCD I agree Silversandy and only hope he returns in the autumn.
    Can't help but think Karen's bf may feature among the pros at some point. Fair enough, so long as it's NOT at the expense of Pasha, no way. He needs to stay.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Pasha has settled in really well to SCD I agree Silversandy and only hope he returns in the autumn.
    Can't help but think Karen's bf may feature among the pros at some point. Fair enough, so long as it's NOT at the expense of Pasha, no way. He needs to stay.

He does... :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In spite of Pasha's bravado, I expect he was excited but apprehensive about joining SCD. So pleased he has fitted in well. Wonder if Iveta will be back next year as a pro dancer. Mind you they don't find out for another three months whether their contracts are going to be renewed. I am pretty sure Pasha's will be.

1st bib, I hope that Iveta is made a full time pro, she is so elegant and has such a beautiful nature, every moment of the tour she embraced and if she was made a full time member of SCD, like so many of us on here, I would be over the moon for her.

2nd bib, I always keep my fingers crossed that Pash will return but I honestly think the BBC would be crazy not to want him back and I can't see any reason why this would happen, Pasha and Artem are the 2 best ever male pros in my opinion that Strictly has ever had and losing them would be a major fail.

As long as Pasha stays Shona, I agree and they keep Artem as well, the Russian boys must stay! :D
  • cheryl_quinneycheryl_quinney Posts: 3,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st bib, I hope that Iveta is made a full time pro, she is so elegant and has such a beautiful nature, every moment of the tour she embraced and if she was made a full time member of SCD, like so many of us on here, I would be over the moon for her.

2nd bib, I always keep my fingers crossed that Pash will return but I honestly think the BBC would be crazy not to want him back and I can't see any reason why this would happen, Pasha and Artem are the 2 best ever male pros in my opinion that Strictly has ever had and losing them would be a major fail.

As long as Pasha stays Shona, I agree and they keep Artem as well, the Russian boys must stay! :D

BIB - I'll second that one! As much as I love Pasha, Artem must also remain with SCD too. Can't have the show without two hot Russian men in it :D It was bad enough when both Artem and Pasha were in the bottom two last year...I nearly threw the remote control at the TV when that happened, although it was obvious that Artem/Fern were going to lose to Pasha/Kim and that's not me being biased either.
    Forum Member
    Suffering from severe withdrawal.... :(:(:cry:cry:

Thought I would bring this back... A fan meeting him a few years back.... how cute....:o:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIj9T4ElJQU

:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    Suffering from severe withdrawal.... :(:(:cry:

Thought I would bring this back... A fan meeting him a few years back.... how cute....:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIj9T4ElJQU

:o:o:o

Thanks Pashulty.:)
    Pasha MUST stay before any of the others though.;) Most of the pros I like, but one or two could easily be replaced, (especially if getting too big for their boots, the show ain't about just them after all and any ringleaders.) The rest I would keep.:p
    Forum Member
    Pasha MUST stay before any of the others though.;) Most of the pros I like, but one or two could easily be replaced, (especially if getting too big for their boots, the show ain't about just them after all and any ringleaders.) The rest I would keep.:p

I dont think I could watch SCD with the same passion anymore if he left.... :(:(

Gorgeous Pasha.... :)

23h80nt.jpg
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member

Everybody thought the Jordans would be the first to be axed from SCD when they were left out of the tour lineup last year, especially after James's hissy fits with the judges. James, listening to advice from his mother, kept his cool on SCD this year. He was thrilled with the compliments he and Denise got, especially from Craig. I think Flavia is gorgeous and looks imazing even when rehearsing. However from the pics and videos I have seen of Ola dancing with Louis she was a great replacement for Flavia on the tour.

Anton and Erin are very popular with the public. It is such a shame Anton isn't as accomplished at the Latin dances as he is with the ballroom. Brendan has become a new man since he met Zoe and fatherhood has mellowed him completely. His Paso and Jive routines on his tour were terrific.

Perhaps they could increase the number of celebs to eight men and eight women which would leave slots for new pro dancers. It was also a good idea not to eliminate anyone the first week. Why not give them two weeks without an elimination. There could always be double eliminations after a number of weeks.

Presumably that would mean spending more money and the BBC wouldn't want to spend out any more on dancers salaries. However they needed replacements this year and last year when pro dancers were injured and Ola's mother was ill. Brendan was such fun as Rentapro.
    Forum Member
    Everybody thought the Jordans would be the first to be axed from SCD when they were left out of the tour lineup last year, especially after James's hissy fits with the judges. James, listening to advice from his mother, kept his cool on SCD this year. He was thrilled with the compliments he and Denise got, especially from Craig. I think Flavia is gorgeous and looks imazing even when rehearsing. However from the pics and videos I have seen of Ola dancing with Louis she was a great replacement for Flavia on the tour.

Anton and Erin are very popular with the public. It is such a shame Anton isn't as accomplished at the Latin dances as he is with the ballroom. Brendan has become a new man since he met Zoe and fatherhood has mellowed him completely. His Paso and Jive routines on his tour were terrific.

Perhaps they could increase the number of celebs to eight which would leave a slot for a new pro dancer.

I am not sure about Robin and Aliona...Lovely as Robin is, just cant feel any of his dances.... And Aliona ruined Matt....did a decent job with Harry but cant warm to her....I only started to appreciate Kristina after her partnership with Jason... Her choreo is really good until she starts getting desperate...but even then better than most others... And I know Anton is very popular but I just dont get him unfortunately.... Erin I do like .... :) ... Again Ola dances beautifully to other people's choreo but her own isnt up to scratch..... I actually thought she danced better with Louis and this when Flavia is my favourite female pro... :)

Yes... have started to appreciate Brendan since he has mellowed down and since his stint as rentapro .... :)
    Forum Member
    I am not sure about Robin and Aliona...Lovely as Robin is, just cant feel any of his dances.... And Aliona ruined Matt....did a decent job with Harry but cant warm to her....I only started to appreciate Kristina after her partnership with Jason... Her choreo is really good until she starts getting desperate...but even then better than most others... And I know Anton is very popular but I just dont get him unfortunately.... Erin I do like .... :) ... Again Ola dances beautifully to other people's choreo but her own isnt up to scratch..... I actually thought she danced better with Louis and this when Flavia is my favourite female pro... :)

Yes... have started to appreciate Brendan since he has mellowed down and since his stint as rentapro .... :)

Have a look at Robin and Kristina's routine Jar of Hearts. It was a showstopper on the DTTM tour. It will be very interesting to see them performing as the stars of Burn the Floor. I know what you mean about Anton. He just seems to get partnered with the least talented celebs and then choreographs rubbish routines. Some of the pro dancers aren't very good choreographers but imazing when the routines are choreographed for them. Robin used one or two routines from DTTM during SCD. Wasn't sure that was allowed.
    Forum Member
    Have a look at Robin and Kristina's routine Jar of Hearts. It was a showstopper on the DTTM tour. It will be very interesting to see them performing as the stars of Burn the Floor. I know what you mean about Anton. He just seems to get partnered with the least talented celebs and then choreographs rubbish routines. Some of the pro dancers aren't very good choreographers but imazing when the routines are choreographed for them. Robin used one or two routines from DTTM during SCD. Wasn't sure that was allowed.

Yes I know the dance you mention... again I thought it was Kristina written all over... plus you couldnt take your eyes off her... Dont know.... I dont feel that there was any Robin in that dance...If you know what I mean... Well it would be interesting to see how he projects when he goes back to BTF... He has been on it since 2000... but has headlined it before?... I dont know... Wondering whether I should see BTF this year...hmm....seem to be quite expensive though...need a better incentive.... :p:D
    Forum Member
    Yes I know the dance you mention... again I thought it was Kristina written all over... plus you couldnt take your eyes off her... Dont know.... I dont feel that there was any Robin in that dance...If you know what I mean... Well it would be interesting to see how he projects when he goes back to BTF... He has been on it since 2000... but has headlined it before?... I dont know... Wondering whether I should see BTF this year...hmm....seem to be quite expensive though...need a better incentive.... :p:D

Don't be put off by the price Pashulty. There are lots of reduced price tickets out there. I wasn't intending to see BTF. On impulse I rang the theatre and got a very good deal. It has its advantages being an OAP.:D
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they could increase the number of celebs to eight men and eight women which would leave slots for new pro dancers. It was also a good idea not to eliminate anyone the first week. Why not give them two weeks without an elimination. There could always be double eliminations after a number of weeks.
    Presumably that would mean spending more money and the BBC wouldn't want to spend out any more on dancers salaries. However they needed replacements this year and last year when pro dancers were injured and Ola's mother was ill. Brendan was such fun as Rentapro.

A well-written post Silversandy and yes Brendan was great as rent-a-pro.:D He's probably my 2nd favourite male pro and Flavia is fantastic. Quite like Ola and don't mind Anton, he genuinely supports them all and can be funny.:p Like Erin and hope she gets a "contender" this year.
    Agree about no eliminations in week one as they should all get the chance of dancing one Ballroom and one Latin.
    Pashulty, BTF is a fabulous show;Gilks' choreography is amazing.
    Forum Member
    I dont think I could watch SCD with the same passion anymore if he left.... :(:(

23h80nt.jpg

I wouldn't enjoy the show the same either if Pasha left. Biased yes,;) but the show would be poorer without him.:(
    Surely TPTB would choose wisely who stays and who goes, but after Katya and one or two before her, I'm not so sure.
    Thanks for the pic.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

23h80nt.jpg

He is gorgeous Pashulty, lovely picture, thanks for sharing, still can't believe I will be seeing him at the end of the month, still nervous at the thought of being so near to him! :o:D

I agree with Shona, if Pasha left/wasn't asked back I would be very sad, would still watch Strictly though albeit with a large Pasha shaped hole. It is amazing how your perception of things can change, I was very annoyed when Brian was not asked back after his magical year with Ali, I was very interested to see what the new boys could bring.

Brian should never have been replaced by Jared who was a very poor dancer, having said that, if Jared hadn't have been so bad, we would not have Pasha, that does not bear thinking about!:eek::)

I agree with Pashulty about Bobby, he has the most wonderful personality but I think it should be between him and Anton who gets the chop if they are thinking of bringing in any new male pro dancers.

As for the ladies, it has to be Aliona who goes for me replaced by Iveta of course! :)
    Forum Member
    Don't be put off by the price Pashulty. There are lots of reduced price tickets out there. I wasn't intending to see BTF. On impulse I rang the theatre and got a very good deal. It has its advantages being an OAP

LOL silversandy....BIB.... sure seems that way.... ;)

I know Shona.....Gilks is an amazing choreographer....You could notice the superior quality of the pro routines on tour this year..... I have also watched a few of Pasha and Anya's BTF routines (well obviously...:rolleyes::D) and a few other routines on youtube and they are amazing... :)
    He is gorgeous Pashulty, lovely picture, thanks for sharing, still can't believe I will be seeing him at the end of the month, still nervous at the thought of being so near to him!

I agree with Shona, if Pasha left/wasn't asked back I would be very sad, would still watch Strictly though albeit with a large Pasha shaped hole. It is amazing how your perception of things can change, I was very annoyed when Brian was not asked back after his magical year with Ali, I was very interested to see what the new boys could bring.

Brian should never have been replaced by Jared who was a very poor dancer, having said that, if Jared hadn't have been so bad, we would not have Pasha, that does not bear thinking about!

I agree with Pashulty about Bobby, he has the most wonderful personality but I think it should be between him and Anton who gets the chop if they are thinking of bringing in any new male pro dancers.

As for the ladies, it has to be Aliona who goes for me replaced by Iveta of course!

You are most welcome Shona and emma.... :) ... My friend ...bless him kept clicking away....he just knew my intentions of capturing Pash...lol....

First BIB... only near to him??... what about being held by him ;) ??

I loved Brian and Ali together but my personal feeling was that she would have looked good with anyone... She had that etheral quality on the dance floor...She was my favourite with Jade... although to be honest that was otherwise a very poor series....But Ali's arms are just exquisite...just like Chelsee's...

Second BIB...:eek:.... Thankfully Jared was soooo bad.... Otherwise would have been deprived of this magnificence that is the Kovalev...:o

Just watched his intro dance again....Such a cheeky fun intro.... I am so glad they did that...In a way I wish they had done something similar for Karen last year...would have been nice....Now back on topic ....At 1:38.... oh to be Kristina or Flavia....:o (yup Pashulty has gone back to the gutter again....:o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuk1XW7d7SM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know Shona.....Gilks is an amazing choreographer....You could notice the superior quality of the pro routines on tour this year..... I have also watched a few of Pasha and Anya's BTF routines (well obviously...:rolleyes::D) and a few other routines on youtube and they are amazing... :)

You are most welcome Shona and emma.... :) ... My friend ...bless him kept clicking away....he just knew my intentions of capturing Pash...lol....

First BIB... only near to him??... what about being held by him ;) ??

I loved Brian and Ali together but my personal feeling was that she would have looked good with anyone... She had that etheral quality on the dance floor...She was my favourite with Jade... although to be honest that was otherwise a very poor series....But Ali's arms are just exquisite...just like Chelsee's...

Second BIB...:eek:.... Thankfully Jared was soooo bad.... Otherwise would have been deprived of this magnificence that is the Kovalev...:o

Just watched his intro dance again....Such a cheeky fun intro.... I am so glad they did that...In a way I wish they had done something similar for Karen last year...would have been nice....Now back on topic ....At 1:38.... oh to be Kristina or Flavia....:o (yup Pashulty has gone back to the gutter again....:o)

I for one, would love to know which producer decided Jared should have been Brian Fortuna's replacement as that person should be fired if they haven't been already.

From what I can remember, Brian parted company with SCD when talks over new contracts broke down after producers decided to make a dance-troupe and Brian was supposed to be a part of this, but he didn't like the idea as it mean't he wouldn't get (a) as much air-time (b) a celebrity partner to dance with, so he quit and has pretty much remained on American soil since and has seldom been seen in our soggy shores.

My sincere hope is that Pasha doesn't get the same sort of treatment by the SCD producers or he will leave and in that sort of instance, I wouldn't blame him. Pasha is, by far, head and shoulders above any other professional dancer on the show and the professional dancers' statistics reflect this. An amazing accomplishment for a professional dancer who has only been on the show for two years and has achieved so much already...just the champion's crown awaits him and it is sooo near to touching distance, depending on what partner he'll get this year. As much as I'd love to see Marian partner Pasha, I'd like to see him get another quality celeb dancer who isn't afraid to let go, as I'd like to see Pasha in another Final and finally get that title he so richly deserves.

Pasha and his introduction dance...I bet he loved doing that little number with all those female professionals dancing around him. Most men will have died and gone to heaven if they had Pasha's place doing that. Lucky Yozhik so he is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know Shona.....Gilks is an amazing choreographer....You could notice the superior quality of the pro routines on tour this year..... I have also watched a few of Pasha and Anya's BTF routines (well obviously...:rolleyes::D) and a few other routines on youtube and they are amazing...

You are most welcome Shona and emma.... ... My friend ...bless him kept clicking away....he just knew my intentions of capturing Pash...lol....

First BIB... only near to him??... what about being held by him ;)??

1st bib, I'm worried that I'm going to bottle it on the night but I keep thinking about everybody's lovely accounts of meeting him and how I will kick myself if I don't queue up to meet the gorgeous one!

2nd bib, Lucky Kristina and Flavia, all the girls seemed to get a piece of Pasha :)
    I for one, would love to know which producer decided Jared should have been Brian Fortuna's replacement as that person should be fired if they haven't been already.

From what I can remember, Brian parted company with SCD when talks over new contracts broke down after producers decided to make a dance-troupe and Brian was supposed to be a part of this, but he didn't like the idea as it mean't he wouldn't get (a) as much air-time (b) a celebrity partner to dance with, so he quit and has pretty much remained on American soil since and has seldom been seen in our soggy shores.

My sincere hope is that Pasha doesn't get the same sort of treatment by the SCD producers or he will leave and in that sort of instance, I wouldn't blame him. Pasha is, by far, head and shoulders above any other professional dancer on the show and the professional dancers' statistics reflect this. An amazing accomplishment for a professional dancer who has only been on the show for two years and has achieved so much already...just the champion's crown awaits him and it is sooo near to touching distance, depending on what partner he'll get this year. As much as I'd love to see Marian partner Pasha, I'd like to see him get another quality celeb dancer who isn't afraid to let go, as I'd like to see Pasha in another Final and finally get that title he so richly deserves.

That's how I remember it Cheryl, it seems that Brian has spent lots of time in LA looking for different jobs, there must be lots of competition for dance jobs over in the US.

It would be great if Pasha had a contender this year, I have a feeling he will get an older lady but how good would it be if he gets a Pamela Stephenson type, she was an older lady who could really dance. You never know, if Marian took part, she might really be able to dance and surprise us all.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st bib, I'm worried that I'm going to bottle it on the night but I keep thinking about everybody's lovely accounts of meeting him and how I will kick myself if I don't queue up to meet the gorgeous one!

2nd bib, Lucky Kristina and Flavia, all the girls seemed to get a piece of Pasha :)

That's how I remember it Cheryl, it seems that Brian has spent lots of time in LA looking for different jobs, there must be lots of competition for dance jobs over in the US.

It would be great if Pasha had a contender this year, I have a feeling he will get an older lady but how good would it be if he gets a Pamela Stephenson type, she was an older lady who could really dance. You never know, if Marian took part, she might really be able to dance and surprise us all.:D

Well, Marian certainly surprised us all with her little interview with the beloved Yozhik and how she managed to get him to open up, even if he did tell a few porkies along the way. With Pasha, "expect the unexpected".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Marian certainly surprised us all with her little interview with the beloved Yozhik and how she managed to get him to open up, even if he did tell a few porkies along the way. With Pasha, "expect the unexpected".

Bib that is why we love our international man of mystery :D

Have you managed to get your tickets yet Cheryl for the tour?
    Forum Member

It would be great if Pasha had a contender this year, I have a feeling he will get an older lady but how good would it be if he gets a Pamela Stephenson type, she was an older lady who could really dance. You never know, if Marian took part, she might really be able to dance and surprise us all.

I will be happy if Pasha comes back ...period....If he gets a contender, fantastic....but he doesnt need a contender... Even if he made it till week 7/8, I will count it as a blessing... :)

You should definitely meet up with him and when you see other people doing it you will feel nothing different about it... I actually waited till almost the end....no jostling/pushing.... felt less rushed..... plus we had a little chat on our way out with Ryan and Lindsey as well.... :)

BIB.... Indeed the lucky girls... ;):o

Pasha and his introduction dance...I bet he loved doing that little number with all those female professionals dancing around him. Most men will have died and gone to heaven if they had Pasha's place doing that. Lucky Yozhik so he is!

I know lucky yozhik.... But to change hands with Kristina and Flavia....:rolleyes::eek::o ... Runs hastily back to the gutter....:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bib that is why we love our international man of mystery :D

Have you managed to get your tickets yet Cheryl for the tour?

Aye! :D:D Getting up close and personal with the Kovalev...if my heart can stand it. I'll probably turn into a right fruit cake and just blabber and then never show my face again!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye! :D:D Getting up close and personal with the Kovalev...if my heart can stand it. I'll probably turn into a right fruit cake and just blabber and then never show my face again!

Good girl!:D

Bib, yep, that will be me too, if the worst happens, we can just hide in the gutter forever and not come out!:o:D

Looking forward to reading all our tour stories over the coming weeks.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good girl!:D

Bib, yep, that will be me too, if the worst happens, we can just hide in the gutter forever and not come out!:o:D

Looking forward to reading all our tour stories over the coming weeks.:)

That's if I even blabber in his presence. I might actually go completely quiet as I'll be too busy staring at his gorgeous face to say anything...so typically me, that is!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.