Dimwit Flanagan strikes again

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Ok, apologies if I'm wrong but I've just always got that vibe from your posts that you're looking down your nose at the rest of us.
    But maybe it's harder to gauge someones true intent in writing. I mean, I am always shocked at how seriously and literally some take my obviously (to me) p*ss taking and tongue in cheek posts.

Maybe I'm just taking you the wrong way :)

As you quite rightly say, it's harder to gauge someone's intent and feeling in ascii text form. The last thing I would do is look down on any FM (Unless they were blatantly trolling. Or a Chris Brown fan ;)). Every now and again I do a similar thing in Music when someone tries to claim their chosen genre of music is "real" music and everything else is crap. It's just my weird sense of humour at the end of the day.

And the daft thing is, I'm not a massive fan of repetitive humour in general, but for some reason, I just find the repetitive nature of the Helen Flanagan (And Cheryl Cole for that matter) threads endlessly amusing and my mischievous side tends to take over. It's never personal and if I do come across as a bit up my own arse then I would most certainly apologise for that.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you quite rightly say, it's harder to gauge someone's intent and feeling in ascii text form. The last thing I would do is look down on any FM (Unless they were blatantly trolling. Or a Chris Brown fan ;)). Every now and again I do a similar thing in Music when someone tries to claim their chosen genre of music is "real" music and everything else is crap. It's just my weird sense of humour at the end of the day.

And the daft thing is, I'm not a massive fan of repetitive humour in general, but for some reason, I just find the repetitive nature of the Helen Flanagan (And Cheryl Cole for that matter) threads endlessly amusing and my mischievous side tends to take over. It's never personal and if I do come across as a bit up my own arse then I would most certainly apologise for that.

I've never posted on a Helen Flanagan thread before - ever. I just happened to see her on TV last night so when I spotted the thread, I contributed, with my tongue wedged firmly in my cheek. I can't take any of this seriously, but I do think she's someone who should NOT be in the public eye. She has no cop on; it's not just stupidity, she's a walking liability.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should probably get back to acting in some capacity - I suppose it would give her a degree of focus and stop her mind wandering to stupid things ..

But then with all of these P.R. own goals, it would take one spectacularly talented agent to get anyone interested in her
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never posted on a Helen Flanagan thread before - ever. I just happened to see her on TV last night so when I spotted the thread, I contributed, with my tongue wedged firmly in my cheek. I can't take any of this seriously, but I do think she's someone who should NOT be in the public eye. She has no cop on; it's not just stupidity, she's a walking liability.

When she was on IAC her own grandfather said that she's not safe to cross the road.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-a-celebrity-2012-helen-flanagan-1443608
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=JasonWatkins;64574361]She should probably get back to acting in some capacity - I suppose it would give her a degree of focus and stop her mind wandering to stupid things ..

But then with all of these P.R. own goals, it would take one spectacularly talented agent to get anyone interested in her[/QUOTE]

Probably not easy to find another role that involves playing yourself, thus avoiding the need for any acting ability.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She was on The Saturday Night Show on RTE1 last night talking about what a lovely man Michael Le Vell is. :D:eek::o

She just came across - again - as quite astonishingly stupid, spoilt and laughably delusional. She should be protected, really. She's several sandwiches, a rug, a basket, a flask and a wasp short of a picnic.

:D:D:D:D
    That bit where she thanked The Sun for guiding her on her moral path or something...was she being sarcastic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D
    That bit where she thanked The Sun for guiding her on her moral path or something...was she being sarcastic?

She's hasn't the intellectual capacity to be sarcastic. What's the betting someone else wrote that for her?
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on The Saturday Night Show on RTE1 last night talking about what a lovely man Michael Le Vell is. :D:eek::o

She just came across - again - as quite astonishingly stupid, spoilt and laughably delusional. She should be protected, really. She's several sandwiches, a rug, a basket, a flask and a wasp short of a picnic.

Sorry, did i miss the story of him being found guilty? Why shouldnt she support a good friend? I dont believe the allegations against him for a second, but if they are true, i hope justice will be done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another FAIL from Dimwit.....sorry, Helen. Wears PETA T-shirt whilst carrying hugely expensive leather bag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2288473/Helen-Flanagan-poses-PETA-T-shirt-shows-designer-leather-bags.html

Mind you, the Wail need to stop moaning about the gun pic but still printing it. Eejits. :rolleyes:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another FAIL from Dimwit.....sorry, Helen. Wears PETA T-shirt whilst carrying hugely expensive leather bag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2288473/Helen-Flanagan-poses-PETA-T-shirt-shows-designer-leather-bags.html

So what? Practically every celeb who professes to support the deeply hypocritical PETA wears leather. Some of them even wear fur. Helen is very low on the list of offenders.

That she doesn't understand that non cruelty-free skins are used to create leather goods is an entirely different matter. But then she's far from alone there either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    So what? Practically every celeb who professes to support the deeply hypocritical PETA wears leather. Some of them even wear fur. Helen is very low on the list of offenders.

That she doesn't understand that non cruelty-free skins are used to create leather goods is an entirely different matter. But then she's far from alone there either.

''So what?'' I find your tone just a little aggressive there.

Most celebs don't spend their lives on Twitter making faux pas at least once a week like HF does. Liz Jones professes to be a vegan but eats dairy, eggs etc and wears leather shoes. In fact, most celebs seem to be hypocritical when it comes to a lot of things don't they? ;)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''So what?'' I find your tone just a little aggressive there.

Most celebs don't spend their lives on Twitter making faux pas at least once a week like HF does. Liz Jones professes to be a vegan but eats dairy, eggs etc and wears leather shoes. In fact, most celebs seem to be hypocritical when it comes to a lot of things don't they? ;)

Most people don't have their every mistake jumped on the way Helen Flanagan does. The Daily Mail seem to have a vendetta against her almost approaching its feud with the BBC in its ferocity. And most of her mistakes amount to almost nothing really.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes obviously not the full ticket.....nobody will remember her in a years time.
  • annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree with the person who said there seems to be a vendetta against her. Celebs have supported peta have worn leather, not so long ago celebs were saying things about guns, nothing was said. They just seem to pick on her.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    I wish people would leave this girl alone , she is not a bad person and has a good heart really. So what if she endorses being slim , its not the crime of the century .

There are too many fat girls eating chips anyway.

Chin up Helen ignore the haters

This this this.

The girl liked a damn photo! And then she went out for the night with money she earned!
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the greatest of respect, she worked with him on a daily basis for a number of years so I would say her opinion of him is very relevant. I didn't see the interview but I assume she was asked what sort of person he was and she answered accordingly. If he was nice to her and treated her with respect, then I can't see any real problem with saying that.

Should she be forced to add a caveat that she is "shocked and appaled" by the charges or something along those lines ?

Once again, this. Helen and Brooke (her on screen sister) were both very supportive of Michael Le Vell the last time this all went on (before the charges were dropped).

She would know him pretty well and has worked with him from a young age so of course she would believe he was innocent.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Far from being a dimwit I think someone is advising her to act in this ditsy way to get the column inches and...guess what..it's working!
    Making a big thing of wearing a PETA T shirt and then tweeting a picture of er lunch :rolleyes: with a cleverly positioned leather bag centre stage ;)..that is engineered, mark my words :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soullover wrote: »
    Far from being a dimwit I think someone is advising her to act in this ditsy way to get the column inches and...guess what..it's working!

You really think she's that good an actress ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people don't have their every mistake jumped on the way Helen Flanagan does. The Daily Mail seem to have a vendetta against her almost approaching its feud with the BBC in its ferocity. And most of her mistakes amount to almost nothing really.
    annw wrote: »
    I do agree with the person who said there seems to be a vendetta against her. Celebs have supported peta have worn leather, not so long ago celebs were saying things about guns, nothing was said. They just seem to pick on her.

If she doesn't want the media to pounce, then perhaps she should stop Tweeting pictures of herself doing stupid things? And who are the other celebs who were ''saying things about guns''? :confused:
    This this this.

The girl liked a damn photo! And then she went out for the night with money she earned!

What ''money she earned''? I expect all her money from IAC has been eaten up by buying Chanel handbags. I'd imagine any money she's using now is her footballer boyfriend's.
    soullover wrote: »
    Making a big thing of wearing a PETA T shirt and then tweeting a picture of er lunch :rolleyes: with a cleverly positioned leather bag centre stage ;)..that is engineered, mark my words :cool:

I really don't believe she's that clever. She's a girl who's acted a ditsy role and is really no different in everyday life. I think she just acts first and thinks aft........oh wait. She doesn't think at all.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind her innate silliness, someone REALLY needs to teach this girl how to apply make up and fake tan properly. She's a very pretty girl with beautiful eyes but she ruins the look with her appalling make up. Has Gary Cockerill been near her??:eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She's very pretty but very dim. Still it's more fun to watch her twiddle on digging herself a hole than watch The Pricey and Kev or Katona and convict #5
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    In ye olden days these sort of low rent celebs had "spokepeople" and were probably only allowed to do interviews with certain publications that would put a good spin on things. Unfortunately they now have Twitter and are able to demonstrate freely just how stupid they are.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch the interview about 30 minutes in on the RTE Player. It's almost if he left it right till the end deliberately, in case she was funny about it.

It wouldn't have been mentioned on a UK show.

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10117084/
    To be fair, Helen was extremely careful not to comment on the criminal trial. The presenter was pretty unprofessional to expect her to say anything about it.

At least the "dimwit" showed more tact than several Digital Spy members who didn't understand why their opinions on Le Vell's guilt or innocence could be in contempt of court.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes obviously not the full ticket.....nobody will remember her in a years time.

Considering she's been around for about 10 years+ and is now receiving more press than she ever has, I'll be very surprised if that turns out to be true.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mind you, the Wail need to stop moaning about the gun pic but still printing it. Eejits. :rolleyes:

This can't be real. Something suggests to me that the very fact that she's posing in the photo with leather handbags around her means that there must be some kind of deliberate intent here.
    Perhaps not by Helen herself, but maybe whoever does her PR thinking that controversy keeps her in the public eye.

Posing for photos with designer leather handbags around her whilst at the same time wearing a PETA t-shirt.
    Come on. This isn't likely to be a mistake. Too much of a coincidence. Somebody knows exactly what they're doing here.