Diana Vickers - Cinderella (FULL SONG)

WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rH3J7WL6er0

Sounds fantastic! This has a lot of potential!

Comments

• mashitupmashitup Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Brilliant ;-)) :cool:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a nice enough song, but doesn't scream hit to me. I think it could get top 10 but that is probably the most it will do, though I would happily be proved wrong, I like Diana.
  • jazzyminajazzymina Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Love the song :)!
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I actually love this.
  • CoventryBeeCoventryBee Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    So happy about this, been waiting so long for a proper release. I know it's probably not got a chance of a #1 due to the amount of time she's been away, but it'll nice if she can get a top 20 hit with it. It's a great song. :)
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    why do singles have such a long lead up to release now?
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I really like this!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be massive!
  • P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be massive!

I love Diana, will buy the album, but sadly this song will tank. It's a poor selection from what should be a very good album. Too middle of the road, like some middle aged company executive has picked it thinking it will do well. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds very radio friendly so hope it does well :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. Bad idea releasing it on YouTube, though. Come July when it's released everyone will be bored of it wanting something new.

Still wish she'd go back to the Florence/Coldplay style like she did on X Factor with 'With or Without You'.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    I like it. Bad idea releasing it on YouTube, though. Come July when it's released everyone will be bored of it wanting something new.

Still wish she'd go back to the Florence/Coldplay style like she did on X Factor with 'With or Without You'.

July?!! What's the point of previewing it now then?
  • P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    July?!! What's the point of previewing it now then?

Agreed, we needed something new...

Ironically I like the synths sounding songs like STMTBC and KOAB which I thought were excellent, even if they have been on YouTube for a year or so.

I've had a go at Amelia Lily for taking the trendy dance music route because we know that's not her style and it doesn't rely on her great vocal strengths. Diana however managed to pull it off and made the genre sound current almost like Goldfrapp did when they released Black Cherry. It's also more traditional synth music rather than the dance/trance style which was around 10 years ago, which is why Amelia's approach seems a little dated already.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just forgetable i'm afraid. May reach the top 500 if lucky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is great. A nice, light, breezy song for summer. The synths are wonderful and her voice has improved so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Anyone notice the sudden rise in views of over 140K in the last 2 days??? How has it gotten to popular all of a sudden??
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Its a nice enough song, but doesn't scream hit to me. I think it could get top 10 but that is probably the most it will do, though I would happily be proved wrong, I like Diana.

That's a contradiction. You're saying that it doesn't scream hit to you then you're saying that it could get top 10 - which would make it a hit.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    That's a contradiction. You're saying that it doesn't scream hit to you then you're saying that it could get top 10 - which would make it a hit.

No it wouldn't, getting a top 10 is an achievement, but it is the sales that makes songs hits in my opinion.

So I think it will go top 10 but that is all it will do, meaning it will make it top 10 from her initial fans buying it, but it will sink like a stone the following week.

As I said though I hope I am wrong, I do like her.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone notice the sudden rise in views of over 140K in the last 2 days??? How has it gotten to popular all of a sudden??

Perez Hilton keeps promoting her.