How soon are people watching Breaking Bad over here?

LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
Forum Member
✭✭
I tend to watch it on Netflix on Monday evenings but I'm seeing spoilers on Twitter from UK viewers for last night's episode already!

I don't really want to have to avoid Twitter on Mondays but neither do I want to have the last few episodes ruined. I was under the impression that it doesn't tend to go up on Netflix for until 10/11am.

Are people torrenting it/ streaming it overnight overhere? How quickly are these going up?

I have to go to hospital early morning on Monday the 30th (day after the finale) and won't be back until late. I'll have nothing to do for much for that day except check the internet....which will be a minefield. If I can watch it before I leave the house, that would be great....but is it possible?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    It airs on the Sunday night and I just get up on the Monday morning and stream it from one of those file sharing sites. Some do watch it live as it airs but I can't be bothered staying up that late.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depending on how busy I am, I tend to watch it first thing Monday morning on Netflix then add an hour onto my work day on the other side :D
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I watch it Monday mornings. Don't think I could bear to wait until evening time to watch it. Being able to watch Breaking Bad on Monday morning is the only part I enjoy about being out of work :D
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    I watch it Monday mornings. Don't think I could bear to wait until evening time to watch it. Being able to watch Breaking Bad on Monday morning is the only part I enjoy about being out of work :D

Just out of interest; are you using Netflix or, ahem, some other means?
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Lathamite wrote: »
    Just out of interest; are you using Netflix or, ahem, some other means?

Netflix :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely you can survive 3 more Monday's without twitter?
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was my thought too, I’d rather avoid twitter/the internet for a day and watch it on Monday nights than have to watch something I really like on Monday mornings before work – not exactly a prime TV viewing slot in my world!

But everyone’s different!

:)
  • citytillidiecitytillidie Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I am going to start season 5 from next Saturday (14th) 1 episode a day will see me through until the last episode on the 30th. Avoided all spoilers so far
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I marathoned Season 1 - 5.1 over the course of 13 days in order to prepare myself for the final 8 episodes (got Seasons 1 - 4 on DVD for Christmas). I will be watching those uninterrupted on September 30 so I've been avoiding Twitter and changed my setting on the Facebook page so that nothing pops up in my newsfeed.

I don't have a Netflix subscription so I'm using another means of watching it but even though 5.1 has already been released I would like to see both it and 5.2 released together in one box set.

:D
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You'd think...but it's the only thing I'm addicted to aside from Breaking Bad. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    ...even though 5.1 has already been released I would like to see both it and 5.2 released together in one box set.

:D

Dunno if they're doing a box of S5 together but, annoyingly, there's a complete box with extra extras coming out on November 25th...

Really annoying thing is that the blu ray boxes of 5a and 5b will cost just over £20 each... the complete box is just over £80. Unfortunately I already have 1-4 on bluray so I dunno if I should ditch them and get the complete box for the extra stuff...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I tend to watch it on Netflix on Monday evenings but I'm seeing spoilers on Twitter from UK viewers for last night's episode already!

I don't really want to have to avoid Twitter on Mondays but neither do I want to have the last few episodes ruined. I was under the impression that it doesn't tend to go up on Netflix for until 10/11am.

Are people torrenting it/ streaming it overnight overhere? How quickly are these going up?

I have to go to hospital early morning on Monday the 30th (day after the finale) and won't be back until late. I'll have nothing to do for much for that day except check the internet....which will be a minefield. If I can watch it before I leave the house, that would be great....but is it possible?
    You can watch Breaking Bad about one hour after it airs on websites like tv-links dot com. If you want to know how that site works, send me a private message and I'll respond with the best way to find the links.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was under the impression that it doesn't tend to go up on Netflix for until 10/11am.

Back to the original post as I notice we didn't specifically deal with this. It's definitely on there at 9am. A few weeks back I checked at 7.30am and it wasn't there so either that was a blip or it goes live on Netflix at some point between 7.30-9am...
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch ASAP Monday normally
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually download to watch it in the evening on Monday.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Netflix do a good job of getting it on there so early. How does it work logistically I wonder ?

I also wait until the evening because it doesn't really feel right to me watching a big show like Breaking Bad during the day.

However with the last ever episode, maybe I won't be able to wait. :p
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's up on Netflix around 9am every Monday.

I come home from work, grab some food, load up Netflix and watch it so I can then contact people I know who also watch it and we have a debate about it. This is all without seeing any spoilers online, so I have to avoid Twitter, the US TV forum and the DS homepage as they put up a review around lunchtime and feature it and it might give away a line or two in the description that may slightly spoil it.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Netflix do a good job of getting it on there so early. How does it work logistically I wonder ?

I also wait until the evening because it doesn't really feel right to me watching a big show like Breaking Bad during the day.

However with the last ever episode, maybe I won't be able to wait. :p

Traditional Logistics don't really matter in the world of digital media data is simply transfered from production company server to netflix server Netflix already have the episodes loaded on the servers, they are just time embargoed till after broadcast in the US. The whole system is automated as soon as the agreed time comes the shows are available to view.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch via Netflix on a Monday evening.

As for avoiding Twitter... what do you check Twitter on? If you have a Mac or an iOS device, I recommend using Tweetbot as it has a mute function so you can mute Tweets that contain certain keywords or hashtags. I don't know if any other Twitter apps do the same thing now.
  • Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are any number of sites live streaming it directly from AMC at 2am. I grab some sleep earlier on and get up to watch it, absolutely magic. I intend to watch the episodes again on Netflix the week the finale airs.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    It airs on the Sunday night and I just get up on the Monday morning and stream it from one of those file sharing sites. Some do watch it live as it airs but I can't be bothered staying up that late.

I do this too
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My teen son sets his alarm for 9am just to watch it. (The words 'teen' & 'waking up early', don't normally go together). We then watch BB together while trying to analyse every little fragment of show.:D
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Netflix already have the episodes loaded on the servers, they are just time embargoed till after broadcast in the US.

I wonder if this is correct. Would Netflix UK really be trusted with the episodes so far in advance?
    For the last season on Lost (using it as an example of another ‘high profile’ programme) Sky only received the episodes days in advance, and were not given a copy of the finale until after it had aired in the US. This meant that for them to show it at the same time as the US (as they did) they had to broadcast it as a live satellite feed rather than off their servers. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
    I suspect Netflix UK get the episodes only a day or so before they make them publically available. I doubt they have the entire season already on their servers.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch it on Netflix on a Monday evening. I mean come on, for 1 month it is only £5.99. You'd have to be a total cheapo to torrent something that cheap ;). Unless you are like dirt dirt poor. Like cannot afford an apple poor. Plus it streams in HD so that's nice.

I just avoid social media... It's only for a few hours... I mean come on how desperate can some people be?
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch it on the monday evening. It's the only time i can get total peace and quiet.

But it's difficult. every monday someone on twitter, fb or even Digital Spy's main news page manages to ruin something about it. I haven't had any actual details ruined (yet?) but it seems people who watch it can't help themselves. They just HAVE to post a status, or a tweet saying something like "oh no, JESSE!" or "OMG, don't end there. I hate you Gilligan" and just from hearing that it just makes your imagination go mental.

I can watch it without instantly spoiling it right afterwards. Not sure why others can't. When it comes to the last two, i think i might skip the internet on the mondays.

On monday past i came on DS. I can obviously read, so i couldn't help but see DS's "Walt seals his own fate" on the main page. Jesus christ. Thanks for that!