World’s Toughest Trucker, C5 8pm, Fridays starting 6.1.2012

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
C5 blurb In an exciting new series commencing on Channel 5 this week, eight of the world’s most experienced truck drivers go head to head in some of the harshest environments on planet Earth. Drawn from England, Scotland, Canada, USA, Sri Lanka and Australia, they are challenged to navigate the most extreme routes across four continents. Each journey will last three days, and they must contend with unusual cargo, massive rigs, lethal roads and each other. Along the way, the weak will be eliminated and only one will walk away with the £100,000 prize and the title of ‘World’s Toughest Trucker’.

Up against EE & Mastermind, but worth a series record I reckon.

Radio Times http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/n58pp/world%27s-toughest-trucker--world%27s-toughest-trucker

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo, it's in HD too.
    Some interesting characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's just me then!
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Looks like it's just me then!

Nope, we're watching it too. MENTAL!! Shall have to series link this.
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the Stobart series but it's so so, so far.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are they Trying to kill themselves? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad start. Worth watching next week.
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Rookie on something? He looks permanently stoned!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from ratings thread
    20:00- World's Toughest Trucker: 1.18m (4.8%)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 1 is repeated tonight, 7pm on C5.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    How was Derek (Canadian) not found to be at fault for that accident which nearly put him out of the competition? He was on the wrong side of the road and forced two other vehicles to stop.
  • mazeymazey Posts: 136,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    matchmaker wrote: »
    Is Rookie on something? He looks permanently stoned!

He is very odd, I am annoyed he got to the final, he has been a liability with every partner.

I thought it was unfair that Jason had a problem fitting in 2 of the trucks they were given, I would like to have seen him or Rodney in the final.
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit nasty of the aussie bloke to tell rookie to kick the other two drivers arses in the final, right in front of them, but he seemed to have a bit of a bad attitude to the others all the way through.

Rookie is a strange bloke but to me he has made this program worth watching.
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stu the english driver has just been on the Gabby show, but i think she will probably regret having him on, he was just a very hard bloke to interview, he probably has'nt won the worlds toughest driver because he did'nt seem to want to talk about the show.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akhenaten wrote: »
    Stu the english driver has just been on the Gabby show, but i think she will probably regret having him on, he was just a very hard bloke to interview, he probably has'nt won the worlds toughest driver because he did'nt seem to want to talk about the show.

I think you could be right about Stu not winning, everything seems to point to Rookie as the winner although I could be wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Didn't think this show would be my of tea at all but have become totally hooked. Really looking forward to the final tonight. Those roads look terrifying!
  • mazeymazey Posts: 136,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really annoyed Rookie came second, not so bad Stu won, he was good on most stages and likeable. I hated all his Essex slang, expecting people who lived so far away to understand what most English people would struggle with. Very sorry for Derek, he was the nicest of them.Broke most pots, what a legacy against the fly catcher mouthed idiot Rookie..:rolleyes:
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair result I thought. Stu seemed to be the most consistent throughout the series...also seemed aware of when to be careful and when the hammer could go down.

Good series overall.