Daily news paper in pdf format

khampsonkhampson Posts: 272
Forum Member
Hi can anyone tell me if I can buy a daily newspaper for my android tablet? I know you can download apps but I would like it set out like a news paper, so is there any out there for download.

Keith

Comments

• joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    khampson wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me if I can buy a daily newspaper for my android tablet? I know you can download apps but I would like it set out like a news paper, so is there any out there for download.

Keith

They are no PDF documents for Newspapers on Mobiles or Tablets, it is all done via Apps and the format is exactly like a Newspaper to touch the screen to change pages
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One alternative is to follow one or more news sources on Twitter, then you'll see the latest headlines often with links to full articles. Most regional, national and international broadcasters and newspapers now have news Twitter feeds. You don't need to follow anything else on Twitter unless you want to (so you can avoid all the celeb garbage), nor do you ever need to post any tweets yourself.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try the press reader app. Not all newspapers are on it but those that are come in as the full size paper version, inc ads. Slightly bizarrely I think it's the same price for all newspapers so go for an expensive one :-)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newspaperdirect.pressreader.android
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    John259 wrote: »
    One alternative is to follow one or more news sources on Twitter, then you'll see the latest headlines often with links to full articles. Most regional, national and international broadcasters and newspapers now have news Twitter feeds. You don't need to follow anything else on Twitter unless you want to (so you can avoid all the celeb garbage), nor do you ever need to post any tweets yourself.

Are you able to access newspapers behind a paywall via twitter?
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

No, maybe via Google but not Twitter
  • khampsonkhampson Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Try the press reader app. Not all newspapers are on it but those that are come in as the full size paper version, inc ads. Slightly bizarrely I think it's the same price for all newspapers so go for an expensive one :-)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newspaperdirect.pressreader.android

Thats the kind of thing I am looking for. Yes it is expensive at 29.99$ a month (about £20) or 0.99$ (about 65p) per download. So thank you for that.

Keith
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I don't think so. Twitter will only display a source's tweets. If those tweets contain links to web sites, then any access restrictions on those web sites will still apply.

Give it a try, there's nothing to lose except a bit of time. Setting yourself up a Twitter account and choosing a few news sources such as the BBC to follow is quick and simple. If you don't like it then you can just stop visiting the Twitter web site. If you don't like a particular source that you've chosen to follow on Twitter, just stop following it.
  • simasima Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are no PDF documents for Newspapers on Mobiles or Tablets, it is all done via Apps and the format is exactly like a Newspaper to touch the screen to change pages

I've got the sun & daily star in pdf format of a few dodgy (can't post here) sites :eek: don't know where they get them from and they don't post them everyday (its once in a bluemoon)
  • khampsonkhampson Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    sima wrote: »
    I've got the sun & daily star in pdf format of a few dodgy (can't post here) sites :eek: don't know where they get them from and they don't post them everyday (its once in a bluemoon)
    Hi any chance you can pm me please.

Keith
  • simasima Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    khampson wrote: »
    Hi any chance you can pm me please.

Keith

sent (guessing what you want), had to add to buddy list to get reply back.