Can't use nexus 7 chrome on DS due to adverts

VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
Forum Member
✭✭
Help! The ads are covering a strip down both sides and the top of the screen. It's just today this has happened.

Comments

• grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got that on Chrome and Firefox on my desktop first thing this morning - big Beko ads that were overlapping the sides of the viewing area. The ads have since gone away but the same thing happened first thing yesterday as well. I've reported it to DS
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using Firefox beta at the moment, the ads appear down both sides and the top, but it doesn't cover the forum the way it does for me in chrome, so I'll keep using it for now.
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    Help! The ads are covering a strip down both sides and the top of the screen. It's just today this has happened.

Same on my iPad. just started about an hour ago.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ads have since gone away but the same thing happened first thing yesterday as well. I've reported it to DS

They keep doing this again and again, and respond to people who complain with "oh it was a mistake" (yeh right :rolleyes:)

DS has by far, the worst, most intrusive advertising of any website online.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    they don't care.

accidental clicks pay the same as genuine ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    they don't care.

accidental clicks pay the same as genuine ones.

Nah - intrusive adverts are detrimental to a site and drive visitors away. DS support have responded at http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69231030&postcount=31 so if anyone can get a screenshot, send it to them on the address they've provided.

Obviously a fault, not an lizard conspiracy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah - intrusive adverts are detrimental to a site and drive visitors away. DS support have responded at http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69231030&postcount=31 so if anyone can get a screenshot, send it to them on the address they've provided.

Obviously a fault, not an lizard conspiracy.

ahhhh the standard response.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has just started happening today on my Nexus tablet and its bloody annoying! The ads are actually encroaching on info that I want to see like the poster's name.

I can't get rid of them because they move up and down the page as I scroll and there is no x to remove them.

Am not happy! :mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahhhh the standard response.

For crying out loud - it's obviously an error, which they're trying to sort out. Unless you honestly think that deliberately covering up the *actual* content that people log on to read with huge adverts that cannot be moved is a deliberate plan...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and they've just posted a notice saying that the vertical side ads have been disabled whilst they find out what was causing the display issues - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=69232715&postcount=50

Who could have predicted a conspiracy theory about DS and their advertising policy... :(
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, back to normal!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went into settings, then advanced, then content, then website settings.

I found Digital Spy then clicked on to clear stored data.

The ads have gone. Though they might come back. :o

But maybe the problem had already been sorted and it was a coincidence that using my superior technical knowledge appeared to fix it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so it was fixed!

Except now I've got the words highlighted in green again!

Is someone taking the mick. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For crying out loud - it's obviously an error, which they're trying to sort out. Unless you honestly think that deliberately covering up the *actual* content that people log on to read with huge adverts that cannot be moved is a deliberate plan...

You haven't been here long have you...
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A
    D
    B
    L
    O
    C
    K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't been here long have you...

What, long enough to recognise different posters' crazy in-jokes or long enough to be able to tell the difference between someone with an actual conspiracy theory and someone just taking the pee?

Maybe you've just been here too long...